Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I strongly disagree. This is precisely why someone would be interested in a single coil option. This is precisely why someone might be interested in a 10 ml tank. If you are accustomed to using tanks that go through 10 ml of juice a day but have a 5 ml capacity, you figure, oh snap!! Ill buy a 10 ml tank and that will make it so I dont have to fill it all day. Wrong!

The aromamizer uses a 10 ml tank because it consumes twice as much juice.

Mind you, I am not experienced in the newer tanks (I was rocking a veritas, the aromamizer before the supreme - whatever that one was called and a tank from ceravape that is probably a year old now). I had no idea that newer tanks were cutting your mileage by half.

I know I know, it might sound bizarre, but if I could put a 50 gallon gas tank in my Ford Explorer, I would. Why? Because I hate the time it takes to put gas in it. Same premise here. The bigger tank I was hoping would equal all day vape, thus, no more having to carry spare liquid with me. I wasnt expecting that the bigger tank is because it uses twice the liquid.

Single coils should be self explanatory. There are two mods that I know of that have a 4 battery option, the RX300 and the Smok something or other. Id like to use my SX mini G class without carrying spare batteries.

Ill just put it this way, there is something wrong if I have to have either a mod that would drown me should I need to save someone from drowning, or a backpack full of extra things just so I can make it through my 16-18 hour days. Because yep, I go to the campus for 3-6 hours and then to work 8-12 hours. My days can last as long as 18 hours.

Wouldnt you love your cell phone to last all day? Wouldnt your vaporizer be nice if it lasted all day?

That is quite the tall order you have for an all day vape IMHO. There isn't a 2 cell mod available that will last 16-18 hours of vaping that I know of, the 4 cell mods should though. The Aromamizer Plus was really designed as a 2 coil tank providing dripper quality vapor and flavor. There is a reason they advertise it will take 6mm ID coils, it's a juice burner and does an excellent job at it. I think you will be loosing a lot of flavor putting a simple single coil build on that deck, the chamber is too big and the coil will be too far from the airflow. Dual 4mm ID clapton coils (framed, stapled or aliens) mounted close to the air holes is where this tank shines.

I ran a dual tank F150 and 5th wheel back in the day, nice to have the extended travel mileage but didn't like the time it took to fill both tanks or the $150 fillup's.

My 10ml Kayfun Undead on the iPV lasted me all day and throughout most of the next. But in those days I vaped to get off smokes and not as a hobby.
7086983.jpg

Good luck on your quest for an ADV.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I get by with 10ml daily, but I only vape TC at around 420-540F, so though I have the mod set for 70W it really only uses ~25 to maintain temp once achieved.

I have 2 SS 430 claptons in there, 3.5mm ID for 0.20 ohms.
When you wick it, take more cotton than is reasonable, add a little more, then once it is in the coil, cut it at the bottom of the deck where the juice holes are. I cut mine just a bit proud. Blend the two ends so they look like a single shaving brush. Comb it out until the end will fit snug in the holes. Make sure there are no separation gaps between the two wick ends, no even tiny pinholes/cracks between the wick and the juice holes.
Hold it up with the coils facing a bright light source. If there is any change in the brightness of the light filtering through the wick that you can see, pull the wick from the juice hole and try again.

I can make anything leak, it's my gift from God. Wicking the Plus in this manner, I have had zero leaks from two of them in the 2-3 weeks I've had them. Out and about, in the house, I even took it while I rode my lawn tractor around today so they got a good shaking. No leaks.

These tanks just may replace my OBS Engines as my travel tank since they stay dry. Not even much condensation, I really have to look to see a mere film after a few days. In comparison, my Supremes always left visible juice near the airflow.

I''m so happy with these that I actually pre-ordered a new mod that will fit it without overhang.
That'll end well...

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
My 3rd Plus came in today :) Gun metal grey, got it for 30$ from GB.
Ordered on the 19th got it today! Surprisingly fast for GB.
The Plus & the Pharaoh are my top 2 RTA's as of now :)
For the build quality of the Plus, to get it for 30$ is a steal IMO :)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
My 3rd Plus came in today :) Gun metal grey, got it for 30$ from GB.
Ordered on the 19th got it today! Surprisingly fast for GB.
The Plus & the Pharaoh are my top 2 RTA's as of now :)
For the build quality of the Plus, to get it for 30$ is a steal IMO :)
Score!

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Picked this up for my Limitless Lux. This thing refuses to leak, I love it. Very easy to build on, and wicks great first try. Can't wait to see how it looks on my IJOY Captain, when it gets here.
It'll look like this :)
Captain.jpg

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
The only issues with leaking I have are on initial fills where it loses about half a mil out the airflow holes. I did run in an issue that took awhile to figure out, my coils were only firing on one side, not firing consistently (first hit would be anemic, then either more anemic hits or insanely hot vapes) and I figured I would just replace the coils. When I went to remove the coils, I noticed the screws somehow loosened on the side of each coil that wasnt getting hot. Dont know why they loosened, I dont torque my screws down, just until they are relatively tight.

I do wish they would use phillips rather than torque screws, but hey, cant have everything.

Like all tanks, each has its own quirks that give them character.

I think worth noting, the amount of condensation on the plus is out of control. Every fill, the top of my mod is wet with oil. This isnt leaking, this is condensation.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I do wish they would use phillips rather than torque screws

The one tank I had that came with Philips screws, they were replaced before I cleaned it. I have a good hex driver.

I think worth noting, the amount of condensation on the plus is out of control.

I have a light, light film on the top of my mod after 15-20 ml. Never leaks. No idea what the problem is with your tank, but it isn't a good representative of the Plus or Supreme tanks.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Zero leaking and seeping here as well from both of my Plus'.
The Supreme can get fat guy at the sauna sweaty with condensation, but that has been fixed in the Supreme V2. (It's like a 25mm Plus Mini. :thumb: )

I hate Phillips screws, the Limitless+ and Combo RDTA come to mind... :glare: Hex or slotted are the best, some SS Torx screws would be great in T8 & T10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread