Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Zero leaking and seeping here as well from both of my Plus'.
The Supreme can get fat guy at the sauna sweaty with condensation, but that has been fixed in the Supreme V2. (It's like a 25mm Plus Mini. :thumb: )

I hate Phillips screws, the Limitless+ and Combo RDTA come to mind... :glare: Hex or slotted are the best, some SS Torx screws would be great in T8 & T10.
I get no leaking or seeping either. None on the Plus nor the Supreme v2. Hangs head in shame, I haven't used my Supreme v1 yet lol!

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive had mine for a little over a week and the only leaking has been on the first build. I didnt use enough cotton so it almost dumped the tank when I opened the juice flow. Ha

I rewicked and still have experienced 0 leaking or seeping after 3 more builds and 4 rewicks. Dang thing wicks and vapes like a dream. Loving it.

20170605_091914_zpsrfxasu3y.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ive had mine for a little over a week and the only leaking has been on the first build. I didnt use enough cotton so it almost dumped the tank when I opened the juice flow. Ha

I rewicked and still have experienced 0 leaking or seeping after 3 more builds and 4 rewicks. Dang thing wicks and vapes like a dream. Loving it.

20170605_091914_zpsrfxasu3y.jpg

That's the Fuchai Duo right? How are you liking it?

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's the Fuchai Duo right? How are you liking it?
It is. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, actually. The fit and finish of it is very nice. No button rattle and the battery door is tight with no movement. The aesthetics really appeal to me.

The only thing I don't care for is the hook and catch for the door as opposed to just magnets but I understand the design as they are supposedly coming out with a door for a 3rd battery. I mean, don't get me wrong-- it works perfectly fine and closes tight with a secure click... I just prefer magnets.

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I ordered a couple of V-decks for my Plus last night.
I think the original Aromamizer has a more intense vape with the same low-ish temp TC build than the Supreme or the Plus. This beast excels at high wattage but it's still not as intense without high heat...and that cooks my juice...and grinds my gears.
Anyone using the V on the P have an opinion?

19143136_1976843519213135_809689870830717741_o.jpg

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
I just got my aromamizer rdta plus today and i just gotta gush.

This is the BEST rta ive used to date. And it looks beautiful on my neochrome ijoy captian (ive wanted the rdta plus for a while now but lacked the device to put it on nicely). Im using the 5ml conversion kit and its exactly the same height as my OBS engine 25mm.

Ive got 2 26g 316SS 6 wrap chain coils in here on a 4mm post (wrapped on a 3.5mm and pulled tight on a 4mm to fight springback). Reading at .1 resistance.

Theyre tight in there but fire beautifully. No dry hits. No leaks. CRAZY flavour off those chain coils. Id say steamcrave was over-zealous in stating the device fits 6mm ID coils . You would only fit that with small gauge wire.

This was super easy to build in. Allthough the build deck itself wasnt as big as i had anticipated on a 30mm device (ive seen bigger on 25mm devices). It also does keep itself pretty cool. Id also like to note that the tank doesnt get hot. And the airflow keeps my coils cool enough that i dont get any post-puff sizzle from the residual heat. (Thats 4x 26g SS in each chain coil.)

Ive been a big advocate of the tfv12 with the RBA-T deck in it. That tanks going in the drawer now never to be seen again.

Edit:
I havnt used any steamcrave products since the original v1 aromamizer. For its time that was a revoloutionary device. Very happy with its granddaddy

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I just got my aromamizer rdta plus today and i just gotta gush.

This is the BEST rta ive used to date. And it looks beautiful on my neochrome ijoy captian (ive wanted the rdta plus for a while now but lacked the device to put it on nicely). Im using the 5ml conversion kit and its exactly the same height as my OBS engine 25mm.

Ive got 2 26g 316SS 6 wrap chain coils in here on a 4mm post (wrapped on a 3.5mm and pulled tight on a 4mm to fight springback). Reading at .1 resistance.

Theyre tight in there but fire beautifully. No dry hits. No leaks. CRAZY flavour off those chain coils. Id say steamcrave was over-zealous in stating the device fits 6mm ID coils . You would only fit that with small gauge wire.

This was super easy to build in. Allthough the build deck itself wasnt as big as i had anticipated on a 30mm device (ive seen bigger on 25mm devices). It also does keep itself pretty cool. Id also like to note that the tank doesnt get hot. And the airflow keeps my coils cool enough that i dont get any post-puff sizzle from the residual heat. (Thats 4x 26g SS in each chain coil.)

Ive been a big advocate of the tfv12 with the RBA-T deck in it. That tanks going in the drawer now never to be seen again.

Edit:
I havnt used any steamcrave products since the original v1 aromamizer. For its time that was a revoloutionary device. Very happy with its granddaddy
Welcome to the Steamcrave Big Boy Club lol!

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
I just cant get over the fact that im getting this much vapor/flavour out of 130w with these massive coils.

I have a single coil build i did in my pharaoh (.32 ohms) from the same batch of chain wire i made and i fire that at 160w.......

I will say i thought the RDTA plus was going to be alot bigger.
I still have about 1.5mm all the way around on the captian (horizontally). And its not as tall as lets say.. The uwell crown. Tfv8...waaay shorter than the tfv12.
I thought this was going to be an "at home" tank but its already my "out and about" tank.

With the 5ml kit on it of course.

If i go on a road trip ill need the 20ml kit on it those chain coils GUZZLE lol

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I just cant get over the fact that im getting this much vapor/flavour out of 130w with these massive coils.

I have a single coil build i did in my pharaoh (.32 ohms) from the same batch of chain wire i made and i fire that at 160w.......

I still have about 1.5mm all the way around on the captian (horizontally). And its not as tall as lets say.. The uwell crown. Tfv8...waaay shorter than the tfv12.
I thought this was going to be an "at home" tank but its already my "out and about" tank.

Enjoy it!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Welcome to the Club! :thumbs:
I run two Plus' daily with 10ml tanks and using the Lux and the Captain as mods for them.

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
20170710_193729.jpg
20170710_191049.jpg

It does look pretty sweet on the captian. I ordered them both the same day just finally got the tank.

Was deadly trying to find a place in canada that carried it as a bundle.

The 10ml isnt even that big might give that a go at some point.

Id also like to see how much bleed back you get in the tank once your coils get dirty. The way it wicks i think the dirt should stay on the bottom end of the tank.

Nothing like filling a tank and realizing its time for a rewick...as you watch the filth seep in to your clean juice.

Edit:
I added the picture of the build (had about 15ml through it already).
Ill show results of dirty coil when i re wick. And if i had any bleedback of dirt in to the tank before i re wicked.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
It does look pretty sweet on the captian. I ordered them both the same day just finally got the tank.

Was deadly trying to find a place in canada that carried it as a bundle.

The 10ml isnt even that big might give that a go at some point.

Id also like to see how much bleed back you get in the tank once your coils get dirty. The way it wicks i think the dirt should stay on the bottom end of the tank.

Nothing like filling a tank and realizing its time for a rewick...as you watch the filth seep in to your clean juice.

Edit:
I added the picture of the build (had about 15ml through it already).
Ill show results of dirty coil when i re wick. And if i had any bleedback of dirt in to the tank before i re wicked.
I order all my Steam Crave products from SubTank Supply out of Kentucky, cheap fast shipping to Canada and excellent service! My Captain came from 180Smoke in Toronto for $75 landed.

Those are some beefy coils. :thumb:
I only use Rayon in my attys and never experience any bleed back into the tank even after 100ml's.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Ive never used rayon. Stayed away because of all the tastes and whatnot ive seen people complain about.
Not that ive done alot of research in to it or anything.

Im almost out of the bulk pack "koh gen doh" cotton i bought forever ago. Maybe ill switch it up
Try it out, there can be a bit of a taste if you pack the coil too tight.

The first 6 posts in this thread will give you everything you need to know to start using Rayon.
Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ive never used rayon. Stayed away because of all the tastes and whatnot ive seen people complain about.
Not that ive done alot of research in to it or anything.

Im almost out of the bulk pack "koh gen doh" cotton i bought forever ago. Maybe ill switch it up
Best choice I made in vaping is switching to rayon! Read the thread, when everyone is changing their wick we're just vaping and vaping away. And if you prime your wick properly there is no taste.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hey hey. I found a sallys beauty supply in edmonton that sells the stuff by the 300FT box for $18 CAD.

100% rayon cellucotton is what im looking for right?

The B&M shop i found it at only sells the "kwik wikz" pre cut stuff....kind of dislike those kinds of products.
Make sure it says 100% rayon.
CelluCotton Beauty Coil 3lbs.

Reactions: Njsm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread