Temperature sensing cartomizers: calling for discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was a long-time carto user myself that switched over to rebuildables myself. I wish carto technology had kept up with clearo tech and that cartos hadn't had their qc issues over the years. I used to steer newbies to a good carto tank but now I have to say I would steer a newbie to a Subtank Mini over a carto tank in a heartbeat (assuming they had the appropriate power source of course). Or, for lower power vaping a silo tank (bvc coils).

Still...nothing like the simple beauty of an IBTanked glass tank. I still have mine and can't seem to part with them.

Last edited:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I'm not sure how viable these sort of cartomizers would be. By their current design traditional cartomizers require fairly long leads of non-resistant wire, so a nickel coil might not be feasible without a design change of some sort. The disposable nature of cartos really wouldn't change unless the design could be altered in such a way as to make them repairable/rebuildable, so there is the cost justification to keep in mind as well

Temperature control in vaping is still in its infancy, really. I'm sure there will be further developments down the road to improve on the application of the concept, at which point it may become more viable. Hard to say at this point, but for right now I just don't see much point to pursuing

Just my :2c:

Isn't the Nautilus about 50% cartomiser?

There are some similarities in design on the BVC coil heads. Those heads are kinda like a little mini-cartomizer in the tank (vertical coil with surrounding filler material, juice feeds from holes in the side just like a punched carto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread