Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
guys, the biggest problem with other temp devices is the wire. dna choose the wrong wire and China just followed.

The explanation is simple:

1. You need a lot of threads to make a decent resistance, something that brings problems with touched threads of the coil.
2. But the most important is this: Resistance is not steady on any mod. It varies a lot every time you unscrew the cap to put a new battery on it, or when you put a new atomizer on it, or every time you unscrew and screw again any part of a mod-atomizer combo.

Explaining the number 2. better: Lets say that you make a 0,05 ohm resistance with nickel wire. If the resistance varies every time at only 0,05 ohm and goes up, the total resistance will be doubled. Its like when you make a 0,5 coil on a mech mod and suddenly the resistance goes up to 1 ohm. What will happen is that you will have a totally different vape because the resistance doubled. And on a temp control device, you will be totally out of control (wrong temp, very low smoke-hit)

Now with titanium: Lets say that you make a resistance at 0,7 ohm. If the resistance goes up at 0,05 ohm because of mod's connections, the total resistance will go up at about less than 10%, something that will affect resistance for less than 10%

Same things will happen if resistance will go down. The result will be burned taste, burned wick, temp out of control

Last edited:

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
Agree Imeo, Nickel does looks like the wrong wire for temp controlled vaping. The extremely low resistances are just too sensitive. The smallest change in the chain of parts between the boards' output terminal and the coil causes problems in accurate temp readings. And nickel is a pain in the a*s to work with too.

Fortunately, the industry moves on quickly. And the innovation seems to come from Europe. Of course VIR from Greece and yesterday I vaped on a beta proto from Dicodes (Germany). Their temp protected board is rated at 40Watts and works with Nickel, Ti, G-plat, SS and their own wire specifically developed for this board. Switching back & forth between Nickel, Ti, SS and Kanthal (Kanthal without TP) worked flawless. I was impressed. Like their current Dani mods the electronics are very small too for use in tube mods. Scheduled for GA 1st half of May.

Great developments in the vaping industry and the good stuff does not come from China! As usual... :)

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Agree Imeo, Nickel does looks like the wrong wire for temp controlled vaping. The extremely low resistances are just too sensitive. The smallest change in the chain of parts between the boards' output terminal and the coil causes problems in accurate temp readings. And nickel is a pain in the a*s to work with too.

Fortunately, the industry moves on quickly. And the innovation seems to come from Europe. Of course VIR from Greece and yesterday I vaped on a beta proto from Dicodes (Germany). Their temp protected board is rated at 40Watts and works with Nickel, Ti, G-plat, SS and their own wire specifically developed for this board. Switching back & forth between Nickel, Ti, SS and Kanthal (Kanthal without TP) worked flawless. I was impressed. Like their current Dani mods the electronics are very small too for use in tube mods. Scheduled for GA 1st half of May.

Great developments in the vaping industry and the good stuff does not come from China! As usual... :)

Interesting... do you have any more info on this mod or a link to a post? Would love to learn more. I just hope it looks better than the rest...

with-tube.jpg

I'm sure YiHi will eventually update it for Titanium and then it will be a solid device.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
I was no allowed to take any pics Soul. But there will a Dani V2 with these new electronics. That will look exactly the same as the current Dani Extremes but with a much better OLED screen (same size). And there wil be a modular version (changeable tubes) in 23mm.
Later there wil be an Oval shaped 'box' mod too from Stainless. That's all I know. But May is around the corner... :)

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I think you're mistaken about who's the fanboy here. I myself have said that I would have bought an SX mini M but I just can't stand box mods; the fact that the SX Mini M is also larger than others doesn't really help. I've also said in other threads that I've read really good things about the SX Mini M. Apparently it's a decent and working product compared to the failure that is the DNA40 in TC mode. I'm impressed by the fact that this is coming from a Chinese company and at a competitive price.
You on the other hand are in a GG forum trumpeting the virtues of DNA40. However every time I mention that users' feedback doesn't mirror your own experiences your answer is:

I think that's the dictionary definition of a fanboy, or maybe just a troll.

And since you can't seem to have a reasonable conversation with someone else maybe I should just start replying with nonsense back at you.

Nickel builds are awesome:

f1jsd3.jpg

That was to see how high I could get the resistance on my nickle build. It would just as easily took 8-10 wraps. But, I had just gotten it so I built a small build and since I had the room a huge build :D I have to agree it has been a super long time. Is it vaporware, probably not. But hopefully by the time it comes out it won't be outdated like the Provari 3. Yes the DNA had problems, that's why I never bought one. But at the same time before the SX mini came out that was the only board on the market.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
That was to see how high I could get the resistance on my nickle build. It would just as easily took 8-10 wraps. But, I had just gotten it so I built a small build and since I had the room a huge build :D I have to agree it has been a super long time. Is it vaporware, probably not. But hopefully by the time it comes out it won't be outdated like the Provari 3. Yes the DNA had problems, that's why I never bought one. But at the same time before the SX mini came out that was the only board on the market. Soulseek seems to try to criticize other people when he doesn't even know the true story :D That's fine, Misery loves company, lack of female/male companionship does too :laugh: Hence this is my last post here :) You can't argue with "Single" people who like to argue. That's why they do it on the internet. It gives them the bit of attention they need. :toast:
Whom have I criticised when I don't know the whole story? I wasn't singling out You specifically with this photo, I was just highlighting the misery of dealing with nickel builds. Say what you want I have hundreds of pages to back me up. As for DNA40, if you're happy with companies rushing out unfinished products than good for you but I'm free to criticise it. I know there's plenty of unhappy paying customers who are unsatisfied with countless RMAs of their DNA40. As for my relationship status I don't know what this has to do with this. It was bluezengel coming back to troll who revived this thread back in post #7, direct your psychological problems with women towards him.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I'm kind of getting tired of all this immature behaviour. If you're all so satisfied with your purchase then by all means feel free to share it with the world in the relevant threads, not in the GG forum. Most of you seem unwilling to engage in meaningful discussions and react negatively to constructive criticism. The fact that you're doing it here in this forum seems more like trolling.

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I'll be nice. It's hard trust me Soulseek. DNA 30 was a great product, I never got the chance to try out the DNA 40. I was going to by a Vapor Flask and got scared off by the initial problems. I bought a SX Mini instead and it has been rock solid. Until a few days ago when I got an SX Mini M-Class. It's even better IMHO :) I am still waiting on the VIR. I hope it will be out in the next few months.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Why would I have a problem with happy DNA customers in general, they're free to waster their money on whatever problematic product they wish? It does bother me though when they come here and make remarks about other products with a smirk on their face. I browse the SX mini channel as I browse most interesting Temperature control threads because I'm interested in all the advances in this area. If you had read my comments you would have seen that I considered buying an SX mini myself.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The most important is that I was first back in 2012 that thought of temperature control and thats enough for me. I am pleased with myself on that point because thats what I am doing all these years. Research and developing.

Now that temp control is in the market already, we have to know some serious details about these devices, details that I never thought that would be important because VIR is made in a way to work flawless in every situation. But it seems that things that I took care off, are not taken care off of other manufacturers:

1. Are these devices steady in resistance?
2. Do they keep the right temperature in every environment?
3. Do they use the right wires for our health?
4. Do they have autobalance to keep battery working at low volts?
5. Do they need R wires or they need NR-R-NR wires?
6. Do they keep the right temperature every time we screw-unscrew parts of the mod?
7. Do they stop functioning when atomizer runs out of liquid (to avoid burned wick) or they just keep vaping at the specific temperature?
8. Do they require a cold atomizer? And how the customer knows if the atomizer is cold? Do they use an automatic procedure for this or the customer has to wait for 10 mins or more to vape because of different environmental temperatures?
9. Is the temperature of these devices real?

If I didnt forget anything, the most of the above are very serious matters on vaping.

As you see, a temp control device is not a device that just keeps temp in a specific level and of course its not a device that stops functioning when temp reaches a specific level. A serious temp device is a very complicated thing.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
When things were depending on me, I was very quick on inventing and developing. Now that I can only think new ways but its impossible to produce them by myself (I dont know how to make electronics), things changed. My electronic engineer is the best on electronics but the worse on business. It seems that not all people can think seriously.

I only hope that soon I will be ready to give you a serious temp device. A device that no one has made yet

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I'll be nice. It's hard trust me Soulseek. DNA 30 was a great product, I never got the chance to try out the DNA 40. I was going to by a Vapor Flask and got scared off by the initial problems. I bought a SX Mini instead and it has been rock solid. Until a few days ago when I got an SX Mini M-Class. It's even better IMHO :) I am still waiting on the VIR. I hope it will be out in the next few months.
As I said before I thought about buying the SX Mini M just to try out while I wait for VIR but I don't like box mods. It's a shame it's so big to be honest, if it was the size of the Cloupor mini than I would definitely give it a try.

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread