The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VIR and other temp devices

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    hello,

a question, the VIR electronics will be able best duration the battery of 14500 that others mods 14500? Because the battery 14500 generally, duration is short.

Thank you!

2. j3suss

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Perhaps I should have asked in Proteus ^^

3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    of course j3. VIR carries battery auto-balance, a unique feature that allows battery to run for a lot more time.

4. markuss

markuss Full Member Verified Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Catalunya
    Imeo, what about the integration of VIR in the legacy mods of GG? It was a new cap whith the VIR inside?

5. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    a new tube with VIR inside markus. It will sit between extension and CT. But maybe we can think more about this because this tube will have a button that will not look very nice

6. markuss

markuss Full Member Verified Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Catalunya
    Like a sleeve? But this make the Just or the GGTS bigger. no?

7. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes, it makes it bigger Markus. But the issue is not the length because whatever you add on any mod it will increase its size. The issue is the electronic button that will be visible all the time

8. j3suss

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Thank you Imeo, you are God ^^ :)

9. FogNL

FogNL Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Imeo, as far as I can see, the best 14500 batteries have a maximum current rating of 4A. If the efficiency of VIR is 90%, does that mean that - translated to Watts - Proteus will be around 15W maximum?

Temperature setting X with coil specs Y will always translate to electrical power (Wattage) one way or the other.

10. Sad Society

Sad Society Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Since Proteus will be my main device when it comes out, I always wondered what the best 14500 batteries will be for this device. I haven't bought any batteries for Proteus yet.

I think they have to be nipple top for them to work with VIR. I am waiting....since others will get Proteus on their hands before me, I can wait to see what others recommend for decent batteries.

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    fog, there are 15C batteries now, made from AW. I recommend them. By the way, the efficiency of VIR is 96%

12. 67style

67style Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2014
    Germany
    There are some tests available about the new aw 14500-650. Good for max 5 amps not more.

13. bluegenzel

bluegenzel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Germany
    True, 5 A , not more. Maybe I troll, but critic should be allowed. VIR ist not the hooly grail and has to proof it's function. It's not on the market , I can't compare, but SX350J, I have for weeks, works fine .

14. bluegenzel

Feb 29, 2012
    Germany
    I think, mechanical devices are the domain of GG. Tilemahos and GG4S are unbeatable

• Like Like x 2
  15. bluegenzel

Feb 29, 2012
    Germany
    Why VIR in a 14500 device? You are restricted by the batteries. A 18650 would be nicer, 25 A no problem

16. Sad Society

Aug 5, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Blue...the VIR chip will also be available for Esterigon and that has 18650 with the extended tube. I am using the mech version right now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sad Society

Aug 5, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I will try the 14500 Proteus. I think the goal was to make a powerful ecig using VIR in the smallest form possible. It's not a problem if I have to carry an extra battery or two. I already carry an extra battery in 18650 mode, even though I rarely need it if I go out with a fully charged battery. Most times I still come home with a unused battery in my pocket.

• Like Like x 6
  18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    e-cig constructions is the domain for GG series buddy lol

You know already what we did when we decided to make mods, you kow what we did when we decided to make atomizers and you know what we did when we decided to make electronics. Idea is what it matters and not the time of construction and you know that I discovered temp real control 3 years ago and of course I made my first prototype.

In a previous post of yours, you asked why VIR is the holy grail of electronics. No one said that. But at least is miles away from the other devices. VIR is a serious electronic with big thoughts on it. I can explain/remind you what more VIR can do:

recognize the kind of wire (this option doesnt exist anymore, maybe on next project)
    no burning taste at any setting of temp
    knows when it has to stop working to keep wick safe
    battery auto balance
    it uses the right wire (not only bio compatible wire but a wire that has resistance, so there is no problem when the resistance of the mod-atomizer combo changes while you screw - unscrew parts on the mod-atomizer combo
    It vapes the same on Russia or in Africa
    It vapes the same even if you first set up device outside home and then you vape device inside home where temp is totally different (and the opposite)
    It doesnt need a lot of settings to work like watts or Joules or anything like that
    No need to wait for your atomizer to cool to use it. Autodetection function that lasts for less than 1 min knows when you must vape it safely
    It works with 1 or 2 batteries 3,7 or 3 volt
    Its the shortest and thinnest electronic part ever made
    It goes on and off its tube like a mobile card (no wires anywhere)
    It has a mechanical button that will never fail

And finally, it has a VERY easy menu that doesnt confuse the user

• Like Like x 4
  19. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    I watched the pbusardo review for the SXmini M, which is arguably a much better device than the DNA40.
    He wondered why they both have a Power setting as well as Temperature and that having a power setting is pointless and confusing. Well VIR works just like he wants it, it will be interesting to see what he says about (although I'm sure he won't like the fact that it doesn't have a screen).

Another important thing was the fact that he got wildly different temperature readings when using his probe with different atomisers. He set a dripper and a Kayfun at the same temperature, but when taking reading they varied by a very big margin. Maybe his readings weren't accurate enough but nevertheless it highlights the importance of using the right atomiser on such a device.

One thing I do like the SXmini is the fact that you can upgrade the firmware. Makes the device a bit future proof.

20. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't know if someone will lend to Pbusardo a Proteus for a test... but I'm very curious if he could find awesome the "non watts" system!!!

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.