Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The need for a US vendor is due to the fact that I'm in Thailand at current and none of the European sites ship here.
And no, you don't know it all, and no my door is not your door. What is it the say about ASSumptions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CABBA...Keep Calm and vape On. :)

I read that somewhere or the other.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, did a slightly sub-Ohm build yesterday ~ and so far so good! Performing well

xm6ah0.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I didn't read all the pages, but if you hold the chimney in place can you take the bottom off to rebuild your coil? I apologize if it's been covered, I read the totality of the first page, but didn't see that covered at all.

It might not be possible UC bro, b'coz the chimney is threaded into the drip-tip and the tanks overhang on the base. So, there's nothing to firstly 'hold' while unscrewing the tank+chimney; and secondly since the top-cap is in two parts (one of which is also a 'wrench') the moment we try to unscrew the chimney ~ the entire top-cap unscrews up.

There might be some way ~ but I'm unable to get a hang of it. So, to tinker with our builds while the tank has some juice syringing out the e-liquid might only be the way out, Imho.

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa
It might not be possible UC bro, b'coz the chimney is threaded into the drip-tip and the tanks overhang on the base. So, there's nothing to firstly 'hold' while unscrewing the tank+chimney; and secondly since the top-cap is in two parts (one of which is also a 'wrench') the moment we try to unscrew the chimney ~ the entire top-cap unscrews up.

There might be some way ~ but I'm unable to get a hang of it. So, to tinker with our builds while the tank has some juice syringing out the e-liquid might only be the way out, Imho.
That Stinks, It's My Biggest Gripe With The Kayfuns.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That Stinks, It's My Biggest Gripe With The Kayfuns.

Ok, here you go UC bro! It can be done ;)

Erlkonigin Chimney+Tank Removal
~for tinkering with our build midway if need be

aazu52.jpg

Tho not intended by design, yet it is possible to remove the base only. Bit fiddly and will need some practice, just like the Aqua, but eventually we can get the hang of it.

Keep the drip-tip tightened > firmly hold the 510 post > grabbing the drip-tip & the tank together unscrew it from the base.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I'm really, really, thinking hard about this one. I wonder if they'll still be in stock on Friday? That's pay day.... Love the top fill holes, the design, that I can get glass, or steel, or plastic. I have the RTA and the glass tube in a cart on the site right now, I ran a conversion calculator online, and the total comes to $161 ish. That's not THAT steep considering the price for an authentic Kayfun 3.1. It would be less without the glass tank. I wonder if I can get the dimensions of the glass tubes, and order one custom cut here in the states? I'm having a girlie moment, imagining frosted designs from Phiniac, or painted versions from IBTanked. This RTA is beautiful without that, but I see so much potential to really make it pretty. Too pretty for hubby to steal...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yeah... I think I need to have it. I really, really, need to have it. Now, how do I work out moving some funds around so hubby doesn't know what I spent on a topper...

LOL, if the hubby is as considerate (or dumb) as we are to our wives - he wouldn't mind (not know) your spending on this topper ;) So, pls go ahead Ma'am ~ appease yourself - you deserve it !

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
LOL, if the hubby is as considerate (or dumb) as we are to our wives - he wouldn't mind (not know) your spending on this topper ;) So, pls go ahead Ma'am ~ appease yourself - you deserve it !

I did just buy him an Expromizer. I could always argue that I need a genuine topper too and then neglect to tell him how much better this one is. The machining on the Expromizer is less then desirable, but he would never know that as I'm the only one who builds the coils and maintains the gear in the house. I hope it doesn't ooze as much quality as it looks like it does in the pictures on site alone. The Expromizer is a really great vape, so if he so happens to try this and it's better then a Kayfun he may not really think about how much money it may have cost...

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
I have been in touch with Michael from Erlkonigin. Good news for me is that they have added a DHL shipping option and now ship to more countries including Thailand (where I am at present so I just ordered one of these beauties (21mm frosted glass added, oring kit, drip tip adapter). Since I got my WAE I've been looking for a nice topper. The aqua is good but has it's down sides. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Qorax, you're killin' me! I was perfectly happy waiting for Mark Bugs to come out with their new atty to go with my new WAE II that I received about a week ago, there was nothing else I've been planning to buy....... then I found this thread.

The Erlkönigin. I think I gotta have one.

Or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread