Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
ooh, I never thought of mixing a drop in my morning coffee.... Rubs hands together while giggling....
All of the Capellas flavors I get are called Flavor Drops and putting them into beverages are what they are officially for.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
All of the Capellas flavors I get are called Flavor Drops and putting them into beverages are what they are officially for.

Their Sweet Cream sure makes a low-fat diet easier to stick to. :D

Andria

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was on my way to work this morning and the kayfun that I put the new top fill cap on starting leaking real bad. I got to work and checked that everything was tight. I'm about ready to give up on the top fill cap. I tried sanding it down some more and it's still leaking. I think I'm going to put the regular top back on when I get home.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I was on my way to work this morning and the kayfun that I put the new top fill cap on starting leaking real bad. I got to work and checked that everything was tight. I'm about ready to give up on the top fill cap. I tried sanding it down some more and it's still leaking. I think I'm going to put the regular top back on when I get home.
    That is too bad, I suspect as well that the chimney o-ring does not seal properly and might need to be changed. I haven't had an issue with mine yet after the sanding, but that o-ring does seem a little on the janky side.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Like I said before, I really like the kfl+ but just get tired of taking off to fill. I guess I'm stuck because the top fill cap isn't working for me. I also noticed that when you open the cap to fill that it lets some liquid out of the side hole on the bottom. This morning there was liquid all over the side hole and it ran down on the body of my zna. I hate leaking.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Yes if there is a tiny bit of air leaking around that chimney top o-ring, the tank will empty right out through the bottom.

Have you considered a Kayfun V4? It might be a little over engineered but provides a much better vape experience and has an excellent working top fill.

Cheap enough to try out, this is one of the best non Authentic.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Oh, ugh! Messy & vapeless! Hope you have a backup. Did you sand it toomuch maybe?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Speaking of Messy.
    The Kayfun mini slipped out of my hand one day on the way to work. It landed on the edge of the center console right where the PMMA tank and SS tank join. The threads on the PMMA tank broke and juice poured out. Luckily the spill was contained to the cup holder and didn't go into any of the seats.

Car had a great smell for a few days, unlike the time I thought I would Febreze the back seat of a previous car I had... That took weeks to totally dissipate. :facepalm:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yes if there is a tiny bit of air leaking around that chimney top o-ring, the tank will empty right out through the bottom.

Have you considered a Kayfun V4? It might be a little over engineered but provides a much better vape experience and has an excellent working top fill.

I haven't tried one yet but will be soon. thanks for the link. I just ordered one. It was actually less than what I paid for the kfl+'s that I have. I may end up replacing all three if I like this one.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I haven't tried one yet but will be soon. thanks for the link. I just ordered one. It was actually less than what I paid for the kfl+'s that I have. I may end up replacing all three if I like this one.
    Excellent, I hope you love it like I do!
    Watch a few videos, they wick a little different than the KFL's do, Busardo has a great breakdown/build video and there is a good thread here if you have any problems.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I've not moved on to the KFv4's. The KFL's are so easy & have such great flavor. I hope you find a way to top fill or the v4 works for you. We should enjoy the vape, not indure aggravations trying to get to that place.
    Speaking of Messy.
    The Kayfun mini slipped out of my hand one day on the way to work. It landed on the edge of the center console right where the PMMA tank and SS tank join. The threads on the PMMA tank broke and juice poured out. Luckily the spill was contained to the cup holder and didn't go into any of the seats.

Car had a great smell for a few days, unlike the time I thought I would Febreze the back seat of a previous car I had... That took weeks to totally dissipate. :facepalm:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    There's a trick to top filling the kayfun. All of this starts with maintaining the seal at the chamber. The trick is to not tighten the top, catching the threads nominally, and then as you tighten the top, you turn the device upside down, which forces the air in the tank, through the chamber, all simultaneously. You don't even need a top filling cap to do this, and I don't use one, just the regular cap, and have no problems to filling. Using the tighten and invert method, you can maintain the pressure seal rather easily.

My friend, State-O'Flux has a marvelous treatise on the subject here:

Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum

He also has many, many advanced vaper subjects for those so-inclined, but maintaining a pressure seal in the tank is relatively easy, once you understand the principles. For example, on most devices, the air hole is below the chamber. So, why don't they all leak, all the time? Simple, pressure seal. Anyway, hope this helps. :toast: :D

:thumb: :vapor:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA

Yes, the pressure seal is everything! I switched to the Taifun, only because I think the Vape is better, it does fill from the bottom, and does eliminate the top air leak issue, but, nevertheless, maintaining the pressure seal is all important, and a top cap that is not sealing correctly is not worth using. Perhaps, change back to the original cap, and try the tighten and invert method. Good luck to all! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Yes, the pressure seal is everything! I switched to the Taifun, only because I think the Vape is better, it does fill from the bottom, and does eliminate the top air leak issue, but, nevertheless, maintaining the pressure seal is all important, and a top cap that is not sealing correctly is not worth using. Perhaps, change back to the original cap, and try the tighten and invert method. Good luck to all! :toast: :D

The top fill cap is a novelty for me and it's on my 3.1 which I could never fill from the bottom due to not having the proper sized bottle nozzle. I have filled it and my KFL by the top method before but taking the screw out of the KFL is easy enough and I don't mind it.

I have run my KFL in 8ml mode before and you have to bottom fill with the bell cap installed.
    pByMbGn.jpg

(Extension chimney with a short piece of PTFE tubing to join them.)

I have my first Taifun inbound, it is the GS II and it should hopefully be a really great vape as others have claimed. Sort of a marriage between the Taifun and FeV, Taifun deck with FeV type feed. :w00t:

Thanks for the link and info!
    Sorry for the OT hardware chatter in here. ;)

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Excellent, I hope you love it like I do!
    Watch a few videos, they wick a little different than the KFL's do, Busardo has a great breakdown/build video and there is a good thread here if you have any problems.
    I agree,i have a kayfun lite,a 3.1,and 2 v4's,the v4's are the only kayfuns i have actually liked,they are way different than the others in a good way haha.definitely a different wicking though,it took me a few days to get it right,i was ready to throw my first one out the window because i kept getting dry hits,but once i got it figured out,i ended up buying a 2nd one.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    The top fill cap is a novelty for me and it's on my 3.1 which I could never fill from the bottom due to not having the proper sized bottle nozzle. I have filled it and my KFL by the top method before but taking the screw out of the KFL is easy enough and I don't mind it.

I have run my KFL in 8ml mode before and you have to bottom fill with the bell cap installed.
    pByMbGn.jpg

(Extension chimney with a short piece of PTFE tubing to join them.)

I have my first Taifun inbound, it is the GS II and it should hopefully be a really great vape as others have claimed. Sort of a marriage between the Taifun and FeV, Taifun deck with FeV type feed. :w00t:

Thanks for the link and info!
    Sorry for the OT hardware chatter in here. ;)
    Quite a setup, my friend! I spent the first two years vaping trying literally everything on the market. When I found the Kayfun, and later the Taifun, then the Taifun GT2, I stopped buying vaporizers, other than the 30 or so Taifuns I now use. Thank you for sharing your experiences on your hardware, and for any difficulties that you, or others may be having. I am definitely NOT up to speed on the latest hardware out there, but, for my purposes, my vape is outstanding, and stopping the hardware hunt, has allowed me to focus on other things including juice making, and my other hobbies, like woodworking. However, the pressure seal issue is with us on all of our various toppers, and I hope that anyone new to vaping will benefit from State O'Flux's outstanding work on pressure seal issues, as this, together with new O-rings will literally solve 95% of issues related to our tankomizer systems. I have added a few new batteries along the way, primarily Provari's, Semo's and Eye's, and I feel fortunate to be content with what I have. It wasn't that way for a long time. In fact, I quite vaping in 2009 and again in 2011 as I could not get enough vape to overcome a 35 year smoking habit. I've been smoke free for about 3 years now, and can see the day, sometime in the future, when I don't vape anymore. But that day is not today, and I have no actual plans to quit vaping. Think I'll try some nice key lime pie vape now! Good luck! :toast::toast::D

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Yay YAY ...just YAY! I discovered what causes BUT. So HAPPY that I can consider staying and learning more DIY.
    Did the process of elimination today. Got a clean bottle and put in about 2 mls Vg and vaped a drop, good and clean, added 2mls PG and vaped a drop and still good and clean, added some nic and still, while harsher, good and clean, added some TFA Banana Nut Bread and BLAST there is the BUT. It is the soft plastic bottles that my friend passed along to me of TFA flavoring. Actually at this point I just thought it was the TFA but I tried same test with all same ingredients and this time added TFA coming from glass bottle and no BUT. These flavorings I was gifted must be at least two years old because I have had them at least a year and I know she had them long enough to try DIY, hate it, put them away somewhere and then drag them out to send to me.
    TFA flavorings in the squishy plastic bottles have a BUT smell to them that I cannot get past.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread