Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I want as a supporting flavor also. Thanks
I don't know if it helps; but I have 5 recipes saved that call for TFA Pie Crust. 4 of them are @Bill's Magic Vapor pie recipes, in which 1 calls for 2%, 3 call for 3%, and 1 calls for 4%. I have not mixed any of these yet so I can't speak to my own impressions.

I also have a fifth recipe that I have mixed and enjoy quite a bit (from the TFA Recipes Only thread):
Lemonazing:
Lemon 6%
Pie crust 3%
Hazelnut 3%
Van. Bean ice cream 2%
Bavarian cream 2%
Sweet cream 2%
Frosted donut 2%
Graham cracker clear 2%
I just shook it up good and it was "lemonazing" right then! Only got better with steeping.:(gone in 2 days though

So, if nothing else, it seems that 3% is not an unreasonable starting point to experiment with. (Note: all 5 recipes are running 20-30.5% total flavoring. Lower total flavoring percentages likely require lower Pie Crust percentages as well)
:toast:

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I don't know if it helps; but I have 5 recipes saved that call for TFA Pie Crust. 4 of them are @Bill's Magic Vapor pie recipes, in which 1 calls for 2%, 3 call for 3%, and 1 calls for 4%. I have not mixed any of these yet so I can't speak to my own impressions.

I also have a fifth recipe that I have mixed and enjoy quite a bit (from the TFA Recipes Only thread):

So, if nothing else, it seems that 3% is not an unreasonable starting point to experiment with. (Note: all 5 recipes are running 20-30.5% total flavoring. Lower total flavoring percentages likely require lower Pie Crust percentages as well)
Oh thank you. I can make that. :)

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

thank you for all your help so much

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have some recipes to throw in the pot. Never posted a recipe but I’ve used loads of other people’s recipes and suggestions so I figured it was time to contribute. These 4 are my current favorites.

I use flavors with no diketones. Don’t know if they would work the same with V1 flavors. I use around 8ml nic and 60% VG.

I use different types of Vanilla at random but it doesn’t seem to make much difference.

I’m a really big fan of Honey so I put it in everything. I suspect it clogs up coils pretty fast but I don’t care.

The only non-TFA flavor is Marzipan because TFA doesn’t make that. The one I got was Flavorah.

Vanilla Marzipan.

Been making vanilla for a while but adding marzipan spiced it up good for me. I really wanted marzipan juice but I haven’t been able to make it work as a primary flavor. Sometimes I just use 2 Vanillas instead of 3.

- French Vanilla 3%
- Vanilla Crème 3%
- Vanilla Beam Ice Cream 3%
- Marzipan 4%
- Honey 3%
- Sweet Woodruff 0.5%

Ginger Ale

Took a long time to make Ginger Ale work but now I love it.

- Ginger Ale 10%
- Honey 4%
- Sweet Cream 2%
- French Vanilla 2%
- Sweetener 1%

Earl Grey

- Earl Grey 7%
- Honey 7%
- French Vanilla 2%
- Sweet Cream 2%

Crème De Menthe

- Crème De Menthe 6%
- Honey 2%
- Graham Cracker 2%
- Sweet Cream 2%

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Someone wanna post an updated % chart? Don't want to read 759 pages lol.

All I've got is one that I downloaded a long time ago. I can post it if you want.

You could pick a line from the list and search the thread on that. If you use advanced search you can put in a "posted after" date. Start with a year ago and chop around until you find the last time it was posted. Might take a few searches but definitely faster than reading 759 pages.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A good scale is a good thing to have around. This scale is widely used and liked around here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UGBG20?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I haven't tried others, but the LB-501 has worked well for me for almost a year. I especially like the bowl. The ring on the bottom of the bowl fits the round deck of the scale to prevent sliding. The bowl catches those little drips that inevitably occur. It's a good design and an accurate scale with good sensitivity for the small amounts we usually weigh in DIY juice mixing.

Reactions: IDJoel

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My vg & pg are in plastic bottles like cafes put ketchup & mustard in. Hit Walmart kitchen gadgets section. Most of my flavors & my nic are in plastic dripper bottles or have glass droppers. Easier with a scale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Be careful with the VG in the ketchup bottle. The tendency with VG is to press harder to dispense thick liquid. On some of those ketchup dispensers the top pops off and VG goes every where! Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm probably due!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's funny you mention that Dave. The first time I ordered a liter of 100mg nic I used one of those bottles to break the liter down into smaller bottles and the top popped off on me and I lost probably about 30-50ml of nic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's funny you mention that Dave. The first time I ordered a liter of 100mg nic I used one of those bottles to break the liter down into smaller bottles and the top popped off on me and I lost probably about 30-50ml of nic.

Yep, the plastic is slicker and flimsier than the heavy rubber/ plastic condiment bottles we grew up with. It feels like a considerable amount of slippery silicone is used in production. Maybe that's for compatibility with robotic blow form equipment to help it release in the machine.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Be careful with the VG in the ketchup bottle. The tendency with VG is to press harder to dispense thick liquid. On some of those ketchup dispensers the top pops off and VG goes every where! Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm probably due!
    Hasnvt happened to me yet either! Yay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    You might try cutting a little off the tip to make a slightly bigger opening.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

I've thought about doing that, but haven't yet. With my LDPE condiment bottles from Michaels I haven't had an accident. The PG bottle works fine. The VG bottle drains slowly with more pressure than I want to apply. Tip snipping is in its future.

ETA: Just snipped the tip off my LDPE VG dispenser bottle above the ring that lets the tip cap snap on. That increased the size of the opening by about double the original diameter and the cap still snaps on tightly.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Sure, now you tell me.:D I wish I had thought of that before I started filling my glass bottles. The first several went fine then all of a sudden the top popped off and nic was everywhere.
    I use 100ml wide mouth amber bottles for freezing my nic. Fill them syaight out of the liter bottle of nic. No dripping, no spilling. Then when I need a nee bottle of nic for mixing I pull from the freezer & keep it at room temp in a dark cupboard.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Hey what's going on here. One of my favorite threads dropped down to page 4.

I just took my first shot at Spearmint. Couldn't find much in the way of recipes. I did spot some comments that led me to try the spearmint at 5%, with honey and sweet cream added. Made it earlier today. It smells very strong in the bottle. Guess I should wait a little while before I try it.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    Hey what's going on here. One of my favorite threads dropped down to page 4.

I just took my first shot at Spearmint. Couldn't find much in the way of recipes. I did spot some comments that led me to try the spearmint at 5%, with honey and sweet cream added. Made it earlier today. It smells very strong in the bottle. Guess I should wait a little while before I try it.
    You can ust shake n vape most stuff these days unless it has alcohol in it. You'll want to let the alcohol steep/evaporate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread