Status
Not open for further replies.

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
I've noticed that the battery indicator on all my DNA20 devices is like driving a vehicle with diesel. Once it gets to a half tank, you better find a station quick 'cuz you're about outta fuel. :laugh:

It would be neat if that was a new fix included in the Opus, the battery quick drain feature.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the link, Drew. I just sent them an email, so I will have to see what they say about it. My Opus D works great, and I get a full day of vaping and then some out of a full battery charge, but once it gets low (battery icon shows 1/3 full), it will just shut off.

I was wondering if this was possibly an update or a 'fix' done to this last run because of all the ohms reading issues the DNA20 has. If you have no ohms reading, you normally have to either disconnect the battery, or drain the battery completely for the ohms to read again. If there was a software update to make the battery disconnect when it gets close to being drained, that would make resetting the omhs much easier than trying to drain the battery manually. I tried draining the battery on my XPV DNA20D for this reason, and it was taking way to long. I couldn't wait any longer for it to drain so I plugged it back in. Never had an issue with the Opus D reading the ohms of my Protank2, but then again, after vaping all day with it, it just shuts itself completely off.

Curious about this before I decide to buy, have you heard back?

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Is there an Opus Owner's Manual online someplace? Can somebody post a link for me if such a thing exists? (I googled it but didn't come up with anything.)

It been awhile since I got my first one. But don't they come with a little piece of paper inside the box, giving a brief rundown? If not there's really not much an owners manual specifically for the Opus D could tell ya. There is however a lot of information about the DNA20 board out there in the interwebs.

You could always ask any questions here and I'm sure one of us helpful folks will chime in when we can. :)

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
It was a heck of an ordeal, but my once blue Opus D is now sandblasted and beautiful. :)

Smexy.jpg

Edit:

Here's the before picture. I kinda like it like this too and almost left it, but there was too much blue in various places and my OCD wouldn't let me. :laugh:

Before.jpg

Last edited:

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Here's a question: I have 2 wall USB chargers, one of them has an output of 500 mAh and the other has an output of 1,000 mAh. Aside from the speed of the charge, is there any difference between the two? Are they both equally safe? Yes, I know nothing about this sort of thing, so thanks for any info!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Assuming both are 5V output, which is standard on USB chargers anyway, then the charge rate is the only difference

The battery packs in the Opus should have no trouble with the 1 amp charge current, but I don't know if the board in the Opus will regulate it down to 500 mA or not or if it's totally safe for the circuitry to charge at 1 amp. I think Drew might have to chime in on that one

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
We are currently running rigorous testing (My Wife has one) on the new board to see how it holds up. Although we are confident in the past performance of the DNA, I am always reluctant to start production on new products.
Since many who are interested in using the DNA 30, will be using rebuildable atomizers and custom tanks on this unit we are exploring new more robust connectors to try and head off any issues.
People have a tendency of over-tightening them and the hard (normally stainless steel) 510 connectors, can crush the insulators in current versions of commercially available 510 connectors. We are designing a new one now. All devices may not sit exactly flush on The Opus (without adjusting floating pins on those devices) but it will be much more rugged than any connectors on the market.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Im Sorry I may not have made sense in my last post. Allow me to explain.

The Opus will NOT have a floating pin but will work better with RBA/RDAs that have them.

Unfortunately many people using Rebuildables now dont know how to build them.
There are so many on the market and they usually dont show up with specific instructions on the proper building methods.
Many people (myself included sometimes!) have to search YouTube to learn how to build some atomizers, and sometimes those making the videos are not always correct. Therefore people dont even know they have an adjustable center pin and when they screw their new atomizer on their device and and they want it to look nice and flush they end up crushing the silicone insulator in the 510 connector of their devices.
Atomizer connections on devices, have been an issue since the 901 (2008)!
There are some spring loaded connectors on the market but they require quite a bit of room inside the mod for proper installation and the spring is always suspect not to mention it adds resistance to the circuit, which is a big THUMBS DOWN when working with Sub Ohm coils.
Floating pins require access from both ends of the connector which would be impossible on many devices (including the Opus) almost impossible.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
More robust connectors would be a great addition IMHO. I always used an adapter on my Darwin for fear of damaging the brass threads with frequent atty changes (that connector is still in great shape 3 years later BTW ;-) ) and I'm always very careful of my Opus connector for the same reason, particularly since so many RBAs (not just the tank ones, but the drippers, too) are so dang heavy. For me, flush-mounting when I can is more to extend the life of the 510 connectors of my mods than any aesthetic reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread