The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Opus and Opus D with Evolv inside!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, May 15, 2012.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Yep, what pelton said. When it's locked you can't fire it accidentally. Also the screen will dim and shut off faster while locked. You can still adjust the wattage, though (the adjustment is locked for the on-board buttons, but apparently using an external pot like the Opus does bypasses this part of the lock feature)

2. andel11

andel11 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Brandon isn't the creator of this product. The Darwin is Brandon creation. I know who designs and makes the Opus and its not Brandon. you will need to find out from Drew who is the designer of the Opus.

3. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    I've had it for at least a week now and this thing is pretty sturdy.
    Yes I beat on my mods, I don't like to baby something that is bought to be used;)
    The charger literally came apart and broke within 2 days though so buy a backup!
    Other then that I've had no issues with his little device performs awesome with that dna20

One question I have is on the finish, I dropped mine yesterday and it chipped off what looks to be a clear coat? And scuffed up the carbon fiber a little will the clear coat just keep peeling off? Or is there a way to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Popcorn

4. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its the same clear coat you would see on an automobile. It shouldn't chip or peal by itself for quite sometime. You could always wet sand it and mask it off and re-apply at some point. Ive dropped mine quite a few times (not on cement or asphalt yet) on a bunch of surfaces and haven't noticed any chips yet, but I'm sure I will have some before too long....

5. rob33

rob33 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Is there any way to tell when your Opus D was produced? I bought my 1st one used.

6. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Hey Drew-ster?

[​IMG]

From my 'hood to yours hon.

7. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not exactly...You should get the person you bought it from Name and/or order number.

8. Gongsta

Gongsta Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Texas
    Hey drew. I received my opus D with skullhead overlay about 1-2 weeks ago and found that many of my devices were not making connection such as my atomic rda, kraken, vivi nova. the only devices that would make a connection were the ones with the adjustable 510 connection like the rsst. even so the 510 connection post had to be screwed in quite a bit to make connection. Looking at the 510 connector on the opus d, it seems to be defective. So i've been talking to Roger from opus vapor and i sent my opus to him on the 26th of dec. hopefully he can fix it up and have it sent back soon. Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Daniel

9. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Can't say that I have. My Opus probably has the shallowest connector of all my mods except the Darwin, so no problems with things not connecting here. Sounds like you're getting it taken care of :)

10. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Agreed with killjoy, my opus has a very shallow connection so basically nothing sits flush which I don't mind because EVERYTHING makes a connection

Sent from my iPhone using Popcorn

11. Gongsta

Gongsta Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Texas
    Thats awesome to hear guys. Cant wait to have mine back! I try not to bother roger so much but i cant help it. I just really want to know that its getting taken care of and all. But since it is the holidays i will be as patient as needed knowing that even the manufacturers of these great devices and the bigger people in the ecig community have families of their own. Anyways happy new years to everyone! Im pretty sure many will be switching over to ecigs as a resolution to quit smoking even though so many have already made the transition!

Daniel

12. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
  13. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Same to you, Drew! And Opus-ites..... and Darwinians!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. andel11

andel11 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Happy New Years Drew and Nhaler Family.

15. drewbalicious

drewbalicious Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have to 100% retract this statement. Isn't the battery at all. It is simply one of the supplied chargers. So I still have 2 perfectly fine (functioning not looking) Opus D's. :banana:

16. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Drew'ious, you do your tag line proud, hon. :)

17. drewbalicious

drewbalicious Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
  18. akfo7

akfo7 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 23, 2013
    TN
    Same here with my charger, picked up a usb cable and my opus and I have been inseparable ever since. However, Ive noticed that no other atomizer will work on my opus besides my kayfun lite :( I have been very careful screwing on my kayfun and it seems like it has pushed down the center pin. I also noticed a small crack on the pin. I have contacted Roger and hopefully they can help a dude out.

19. akfo7

akfo7 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 23, 2013
    TN
    Roger responded quick as hell, these guys eat sleep and breathe their business. They are awesome! Anyway, I was told they are working on modifying the 510 connection on the opus for the next few weeks. He said it would be several weeks before they could repair my pin. So hopefully I can get this guy fixed before my cruise in the next couple months.

20. Burnside

Burnside Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Hey folks,
    Just ordered an Opus D! Looks like it should be a good mod. Going to retire the Darwin now. I've been using another DNA20 mod for the past month, but I really like the Darwin and Nhaler so I knew I had to try the Opus D out. I'm getting the black one.

:vapor: