Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yep, what pelton said. When it's locked you can't fire it accidentally. Also the screen will dim and shut off faster while locked. You can still adjust the wattage, though (the adjustment is locked for the on-board buttons, but apparently using an external pot like the Opus does bypasses this part of the lock feature)

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
I understand your concerns perfectly. I was disappointed to find out the charger doesn't switch to green when it's fully charged. We shouldn't have to 'guess', certainly not at this price. I bought the OPUS strictly on the reputation of the Darwin, which worked very well. But I don't like all the middle-man stuff. There's just seems to be too much 'secrecy' about it all. Why doesn't Brandon get on here and take the heat for his own products?

I think there's only a 3 month warranty because maybe that's all they trust it might work well? Why not a year? I got two for gifts and at the first complaint they're going back, because I'm just too weary for more disappointments.

I like my OPUS but I do wonder if the same quality of work went into it's innards as in the Darwin. Only time will tell, but if I find that it's not holding a good charge after 6 months or so, I will be terribly disappointed. And I will do something about it.

The two people these gifts are going to are getting the OPUS because they don't like using rechargeable battery devices. Frankly, I find rechargebles much more convenient. It's a lot easier to carry a couple of extra batteries than having to make sure I plug in a device at the right time and hope it lasts all day. My preferred device is the Provari Mini for its dependability, form factor, and ease of use and if we have any trouble with these OPUS's, they'll go back and my friends will have to learn to deal with rechargeables. But I must say, for right now my favorite two devices are my OPUS and Provari.

Now about 'making the 'future' OPUS better....that's hogwash. If the ones we have are troubled, they should be fixed without charge. And we should have chargers that 'work'. Right at the moment, mine OPUS is working very well and I'm enjoying it a lot. I just hope that stays true.

Brandon isn't the creator of this product. The Darwin is Brandon creation. I know who designs and makes the Opus and its not Brandon. you will need to find out from Drew who is the designer of the Opus.

pelton54

Moved On
Oct 16, 2013
I've had it for at least a week now and this thing is pretty sturdy.
Yes I beat on my mods, I don't like to baby something that is bought to be used;)
The charger literally came apart and broke within 2 days though so buy a backup!
Other then that I've had no issues with his little device performs awesome with that dna20

One question I have is on the finish, I dropped mine yesterday and it chipped off what looks to be a clear coat? And scuffed up the carbon fiber a little will the clear coat just keep peeling off? Or is there a way to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Popcorn

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Its the same clear coat you would see on an automobile. It shouldn't chip or peal by itself for quite sometime. You could always wet sand it and mask it off and re-apply at some point. Ive dropped mine quite a few times (not on cement or asphalt yet) on a bunch of surfaces and haven't noticed any chips yet, but I'm sure I will have some before too long....

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
It is better to charge The Darwin slower, but it will NOT affect the overall battery life of the newest Opus D. The older Opus E would also be best charged with the older charger.

Is there any way to tell when your Opus D was produced? I bought my 1st one used.

Gongsta

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Hey drew. I received my opus D with skullhead overlay about 1-2 weeks ago and found that many of my devices were not making connection such as my atomic rda, kraken, vivi nova. the only devices that would make a connection were the ones with the adjustable 510 connection like the rsst. even so the 510 connection post had to be screwed in quite a bit to make connection. Looking at the 510 connector on the opus d, it seems to be defective. So i've been talking to Roger from opus vapor and i sent my opus to him on the 26th of dec. hopefully he can fix it up and have it sent back soon. Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Daniel

Gongsta

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Thats awesome to hear guys. Cant wait to have mine back! I try not to bother roger so much but i cant help it. I just really want to know that its getting taken care of and all. But since it is the holidays i will be as patient as needed knowing that even the manufacturers of these great devices and the bigger people in the ecig community have families of their own. Anyways happy new years to everyone! Im pretty sure many will be switching over to ecigs as a resolution to quit smoking even though so many have already made the transition!

Daniel

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
I really am sorry you're having such a bad time with it. Try not to let it sour your opinion of nHaler & Co. I'm kinda bummed too that the battery in my blue one is no longer holding a charge all day. I got it back in April so I got a solid 7 months out of it. Why couldn't it have happened 2 months ago while still under warranty. Drats!

I have to 100% retract this statement. Isn't the battery at all. It is simply one of the supplied chargers. So I still have 2 perfectly fine (functioning not looking) Opus D's. :banana:

akfo7

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
TN
I have to 100% retract this statement. Isn't the battery at all. It is simply one of the supplied chargers. So I still have 2 perfectly fine (functioning not looking) Opus D's. :banana:

Same here with my charger, picked up a usb cable and my opus and I have been inseparable ever since. However, Ive noticed that no other atomizer will work on my opus besides my kayfun lite :( I have been very careful screwing on my kayfun and it seems like it has pushed down the center pin. I also noticed a small crack on the pin. I have contacted Roger and hopefully they can help a dude out.

akfo7

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
TN
Roger responded quick as hell, these guys eat sleep and breathe their business. They are awesome! Anyway, I was told they are working on modifying the 510 connection on the opus for the next few weeks. He said it would be several weeks before they could repair my pin. So hopefully I can get this guy fixed before my cruise in the next couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread