Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Kind of figured the capillary action would be better this way. Probably not necessarily to drill out the Dud wick hole for the 3mm pyrex and just use the pyrex above the wick hole under the coil.

I drilled it out, cause I was testing a 3mm 25 micron cermaic wick for someone. But too true, a 8-10mm piece would be enough to isolate the SS wick.

Dan

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
Notice to pyrex companies, prepare for an onslaught in request for 3mm pyrex tubing LOL :)
Dan

I was having the same thought. The same way those guys that sell the SS sheets suddenly sold out of all of their scraps.
I just wish I had some to play with over my long weekend.

Another idea came to mind. If you had two tubes, one inside the other with minimal amount of spacing it should wick via heat and you wouldn't even need SS in the tube. I believe the SS will be better though.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
That thinner 2.5mm OD looks good too. For the life of me I can't find pyrex tubing locally. Tried glass beads and catheters even. Nuttin but cookware available. That co-op sounds better and better. :)

Any advice for traditional uses for this in the laboratory would be greatly appreciated.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
That thinner 2.5mm OD looks good too. For the life of me I can't find pyrex tubing locally. Tried glass beads and catheters even. Nuttin but cookware available. That co-op sounds better and better. :)

Any advice for traditional uses for this in the laboratory would be greatly appreciated.

Moslty used as pipettes in a lab for transferring liquids.
Dan

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Dan, how does it taste/feel. Are you getting the same taste as SS wick genny, or is it even cleaner tasting now that there is no accumulation of juice to the coils or need for oxidizing? What about low resistance wire? was wondering if a super-tight wrap of some 28g would expedite atomization, like a twelve coil wrap just stacked up. What happens if the wicking does not keep up? How does a dry hit taste? I know it's a lot of questions, but inquiring minds want to know! Best part is it is cheap to try, and modding possiblities are endless at this time. Will be following along closely, thanks for the hard work and knowledge sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread