The Super-T ELA discussion and tips, tricks and Info sharing Thread:

Discussion in 'Super T Manufacturing' started by anavidfan, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anavidfan

anavidfan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Okay, I guess we get a bit carried away with our choice of "Icing" on our cakes. So we can use this thread to share our findings, thoughts, Atomizers, and all things to crown our ELAs.

We can stay on topic or not, we can show our feet, or anything, but keep it clean:) We can talk ELAs, games, cars, juice, silica, mesh , share music etc. But lets occasionally , keep it on ELA and ELA related.

Lets keep this as fun and friendly as the ELA thread has been.

Oh and yes, I think we should be able to share our collections, even if they do include of other than SUper-T devices. I think we are grown up enough that it won't become a "My dog is better than yours" post.

2. Nicblazer

Nicblazer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ana, could you please send me a link for your drawings ? Pretty please :)

Nic

3. Nicblazer

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot.

4. Nicblazer

5. anavidfan

Hi Nic, my drawings, I havent drawn in years, I do love drawing. I have photos. Are you on facebook? I can friend you and I also have a photo tumblr, but I havent been on it for a while so I have to see if I can get back to it and send you a link.

Thank you Nic, most of it is toys, action figures and other odd things, with some portraits. I love portraits but dont have access to many interesting models.

6. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Geez, even the cat is appalled at that pic :laugh:

7. Nicblazer

Oh, no. I hate Mark Suckerberg :(. Link me your blog.

Nic

8. Nicblazer

Ok. Here are two of my most prized ladies.

ELA and Elizabeth Bathory (sealed :) )

[​IMG]

My other 2 are my wife and my pug :D

Nic

9. anavidfan

10. Nicblazer

Good lord ! I just can't get my freaking toe to NOT show up in my pics :facepalm:. It's like a sentient being.

Nic

11. anavidfan

Does he own tumblr? I hate the word "blog" I just dont feel right saying it, but my son says it is what it is.

DOH, I get it now, you dont like F---b--k. Its one of those things I got sort of pushed into doing, now I use it mostly to have access to unusual vaping accessories.

12. Nicblazer

Not odd at all. I'm starting to think that we are related.

Thanks for the link, Ana :thumbs:

Nic

13. anavidfan

EKOwool, I know some are using this for your devices, I found some and want to give it a try, but I was wondering about the diameter. I use Odysseus V2s and always use 3mm rope silica from vaporbase.uk. Does any one know how accurate the 3mm description is?

I know, it should be 3mm but sometimes some silica is more compact and since its braided, Im assuming its more dense. I was wondering if I should order the 3mm or the 2mm.

I know many of you use Ithakas and a few Odys, Ithaka was supposed to have deeper/wider channels for the wick than Odysseus.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated so I can make a better choice before buying the wrong size

14. Monoxxide

Monoxxide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I find ekowool swells (is that english?) up more then other FG wicks after it been in contact with juice. Its definatly acting different then normal braided wick. I would try 2 and 3mm and find out wich works best for you, shamefully got no oddy.

15. pAth77

pAth77 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use 2mm ekowool in my Pennies and Ithaka. The channels of the Ithaka are wider, but the Ody and Penny have the same size channels.

16. anavidfan

I think I remember someone mentioning that, so I think im going to go with the 2mm. I think I would rather play on the safe side and not end up with it swelling so much that it chokes.

17. anavidfan

Thanks guys, seems my "gut" was working right. Thanks.

18. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah, 2mm is probably best. If you need more you can always double it up. I mostly use 3mm because that is what's readily available from the retailers I buy from, but usually have to un-weave a strand to thin it a bit in order to get good wicking in all my GG attys, the 2mm that originally came with my Ody and Penelope always worked the best for me :2c:

I haven't tried the ecowool stuff, yet. I might once my wick supply starts to get low, but that's a long ways off since I have about 14 meters left

19. lctrc

lctrc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

From what I've gathered the diameter listed for ekowool is an inner diameter, whereas most other silica wick lists outer diameter.

I'm currently using 2 long strands of 1mm ekowool in a terminator-c v2 (plus 2 more short strands in the coil).

20. redmadder

redmadder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i have both 1mm and 2mm ekowool but i haven't tried them yet... been busy so i haven't had the chance to set up my kayfun :(

i do want to try a hybrid wick with the 1mm tho. i'm gonna run a thing ss wick in the middle and see how that works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.