The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I put both of the air hole screws into the deck of my Aqua 2 last night and dug out the dripper cap for it. Installed 2 high mounted 24g 8/7 wrap on 3mm coils (coil center line even with the negative post screw) for a total of 0.35 ohms. Rayon wicked, juiced and fired up, the dripper mode provides a very good quality vape. There is no juice well at all so you need to cover the deck with Rayon as the juice disappears fast!

It went through juice too quickly, just like running a PlumeFail without the leaky feature. This morning I tore out the 24g dual and installed a single 26g 6/5 wrap on 2.5mm coil still high mounted. This ohms out to 0.65 and allows a lot more room for juice. Now instead of requiring 50W for the dual 24g, it is working very nicely at 35W.
:vapor:
I just put dual 30g 11/10wrap in the Aqua. At 16W and 16.6mg the throat hit and flavor is superb.

I'm really starting to love 30g kanthal again after delving into thick wires like 26g.

I've got a 30g 10wrap 2.5mm 3 ohm contact coil on my Kayfun v4 and the flavor increase was noticeably better than 28g.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
The only firearm I am interested in any more is my Springfield 951 long barrel squirrel and turkey stopper.

The Springfield 951 is a 410 and that reminded me of the idiot brother in law I use to have. He would steal 30 30 shells from me and shoot them in a 410. Thats only one of the reasons i considered him an idiot :lol:

Continuing on with the Orchid V7, was removing the airflow control screws from the base and one of them pushed right thru the threads and up into the base so had to take it back apart, remove one of the coils and push the screw out of the airflow hole and out the base. Then had to make new coils so I went with dual 26 ga 8 wraps 2.5 mm build. Rewicked it and put it back together and filled it. now this thing is a PITA to fill and a leaky mess until it establishes a tank vacuum and then its leak proof. Still what a mess.
Gave it a vape at 50 watts and it was a bit much so cut it down to 35 watts and its a great vape. Excellent flavor, great clouds and airflow is a lot better but still not the best i had. Airflow wise I would put it between a Kayfun V4 and a STM. Would I recommend this tank, that would depend on the person. Someone who likes to tinker, and knows some of the tricks then yes for the Orchid V7 gives a good vape and is worth the effort. But for someone who can barely build a coil and problems frustrate them then no for it this tank has a steep learning curve and isnt a tank for a novice.

I also have an Orchid V4 that will get some work to it. There is a 2 piece chimney that can be bought for it that will eliminate a ton of wicking problems for you can ensure the wick didnt move and is properly covering the bottom juice channels eliminating a lot of leaking issues with these tanks. I also been reading where kayfun top caps will fit it which will solve another huge problem with the V4 where it loves to cut and distort the caps oring where the chimney pipe goes thru it. I also plan on taking a drill bit to the base airflow holes and enlarging them. It too is very resrictive and needs opening up a bunch.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just put dual 30g 11/10wrap in the Aqua. At 16W and 16.6mg the throat hit and flavor is superb.

I'm really starting to love 30g kanthal again after delving into thick wires like 26g.

I've got a 30g 10wrap 2.5mm 3 ohm contact coil on my Kayfun v4 and the flavor increase was noticeably better than 28g.
My Aqua will slice through anything less than 26g in an instant, I'll have to see if I can round the screw bottoms a little and maybe take the edge off the wick holes.

I'll try that 10 wrap 30g in my KF4 next breakdown. :)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

With that 30g 10wrap 2.5mm 3 ohm contact coil on the Kayfun v4, how long would you estimate it would last using dark juice? have a friend who uses the kayfun and I been showing her how to rebuild and dry burn nasty coils and she is getting about 3 months from a coil so wondering if it would be worthwhile to try this in her Kayfun.

Reactions: MikeyConti

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Going to try try the Scottish Roll wick in the Origenny with a Ti build, probably a single but might try it dual.
I know it is sacrilege ([HASHTAG]#NoCottonInMyGenny[/HASHTAG]) but it really sounds like a great wick. A buddy put one in his Magma and was like 25 vapes in before he had to refill it.

I know Rip Trippers did a video but his foolishness is too over the top sometimes.
Here is where I learned of it.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Well I tried my Crown tank with the SS Coils on my new SnowWolf V1.5 and at first it looked like it was going into temp mode, but it showed "Power" the whole time on the screen.. So I'm guessing they made it Recognize only Nickel(And im sure Ti) for temp mode. Hopefully it stays this way!! lol :)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Going to try try the Scottish Roll wick in the Origenny with a Ti build, probably a single but might try it dual.
I know it is sacrilege ([HASHTAG]#NoCottonInMyGenny[/HASHTAG]) but it really sounds like a great wick. A buddy put one in his Magma and was like 25 vapes in before he had to refill it.

I know Rip Trippers did a video but his foolishness is too over the top sometimes.

Thanks for posting that! Deff. need to try it!

Luke95

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2015
Well I tried my Crown tank with the SS Coils on my new SnowWolf V1.5 and at first it looked like it was going into temp mode, but it showed "Power" the whole time on the screen.. So I'm guessing they made it Recognize only Nickel(And im sure Ti) for temp mode. Hopefully it stays this way!! lol :)
Do I need to sell my sigelei 150tc now?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
With that 30g 10wrap 2.5mm 3 ohm contact coil on the Kayfun v4, how long would you estimate it would last using dark juice? have a friend who uses the kayfun and I been showing her how to rebuild and dry burn nasty coils and she is getting about 3 months from a coil so wondering if it would be worthwhile to try this in her Kayfun.
No idea

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

With all this silliness I want to get some cotton carders and do a "Carded Cotton Wick" video.

I bet people would buy into it :evil:

FYI: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carding

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
With all this silliness I want to get some cotton carders and do a "Carded Cotton Wick" video.

I bet people would buy into it :evil:

FYI: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carding
Do it up, the Scottish Roll holds a pile of juice so carded cotton would be a sponge!

I have even used the degummed Hemp wicks people were raving on about quite a while back. One of the local B&M's gave me a package to try out. After you picked all the woody pieces out, the stuff added a very unique Monkey Ašš flavor to your vape. It went in the trash...

Graham Rayon is my goto with a bag of dm Viskose balls kept for the occasional premium juice vaping enjoyment.

Putting a dual Ti build in the Origenny and trying to pack that amount of cotton down through those vertical coils was an exercise in futility, I should have known better... There will be a proper L mesh build back in the Origenny when I get a chance too.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Do it up, the Scottish Roll holds a pile of juice so carded cotton would be a sponge!

I have even used the degummed Hemp wicks people were raving on about quite a while back. One of the local B&M's gave me a package to try out. After you picked all the woody pieces out, the stuff added a very unique Monkey ... flavor to your vape. It went in the trash...

Graham Rayon is my goto with a bag of dm Viskose balls kept for the occasional premium juice vaping enjoyment.

Putting a dual Ti build in the Origenny and trying to pack that amount of cotton down through those vertical coils was an exercise in futility, I should have known better... There will be a proper L mesh build back in the Origenny when I get a chance too.
Should have used the straw trick.

Take a plastic straw and cut it to about the length of the final wick, then split it down the side. Fill it with cotton and roll it until it is small enough to fit in the hole. Using a small screwdriver hold the cotton in place while you slide the straw up around the screwdriver leaving the wick in place.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thanks Boden!
I never would have thought of that and I will try the straw trick next time.

That RSST looking genny there seems to have an oblong wick hole, every time I try to use cotton or Rayon in my Kraken the wick hole is the choke point and the juice doesn't flow as good as it should. I wonder if I elongated the wick hole on it, if that would leave less of a compression/choke point.

What say you good sir?

Reactions: MikeyConti

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Using the straw trick gave me an idea ;)

Introducing the "Italian shoulder pad" wick!!!

First take 1/3 of a pad of KGD
image.jpg

Then use the straw trick to pack a silly amount of cotton in the coil (2.3mm in this case)
image.jpg

Now add 5mL of eliquid (not joking)
image.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread