Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Ya all see the new VT133??

I must haz it!!!!

Selling my Radius to make this happen. Any US shops take PP?? Christ its CNY. I'm doomed!!!!!!!!

Like I said before I like the idea of a 133 dna but was not hearing good things as far as build quality. Performance of the device no problem. Here's another review that's not so good on the build quality.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Kinda on to the Dani Box now.

Friend of mi e is going to England soon and I was gonna have him bring me one back but I signed up with Creme de Vapes and it looks like they will ship to the U.S. without that tax they pay. 210 total.

60w should be ok but single battery may not.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The discussion I read was the newb saying he was using his Evic mini at 60 watts and his battery was getting warm after 10 or 15 hits on it, and everyone told him he was really pushing the limits of that one battery. They said warm was OK, but it was telling you you were kinda pushing it, and HOT was bad and could be catastrophic. So I deduced that if 60 watts would make it warm, 75 would prolly make it TOO warm, you know? I'd rather be cool. :cool:

You're a stronger man than I am on the nic level! LOL! Now that I'm sub-ohming (at 30 watts, LOL!), 3 mg nic is way too harsh for me. It makes me cough and choke. The only way I can do that much nic is with menthol, and I assume that's because the menthol numbs my throat so I don't feel the "bite" as much. But I only do menthol once in a while, and never at 3 mg anymore. Now I'm down to 1 or 1.5 usually, and sometimes even THAT gets to be too much. If I start feeling too much adrenaline, I move to one of my zero nic mixes.

I was thinking today that next time I make juice, each flavor I make, I'll do two bottles. One with like 1.5 mg nic and one with zero, and then I'll have the same flavor if I want the nic or if I don't. And if I want something in the middle, I can mix it in the tank. As it is, I have to switch flavors if I want to change my nic level, but that's not really a bad thing because I'm a Flavor Butterfly! LOL! I don't mind having lots of flavors to choose from. I would, however, like to be able to manage my nic level a bit more closely.

~Lannie

From what I just learned recently, on a VW mod, to determine what your battery can handle you take the watts/lowest battery voltage/number of batteries, account for about 10% board inefficiency, and that's your amp draw.

So 75w/3.2v(cutoff voltage)/1/0.9 = 26 amps

With a 20 amp battery, using the above, the highest you would want to go would be about 57 watts. If I've understood it all correctly. I don't use VW mods though.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Thank You! I feel safer now!
So I saw that you run mechs, between 0.5-1.5ohm. What types of setups do you use?

Right now I'm using my REO, with a derringer. Just put in a dual 26g build that comes to 0.6ohm and I'm thinking it might be a little too much for my 12mg liquids.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
So I saw that you run mechs, between 0.5-1.5ohm. What types of setups do you use?

Right now I'm using my REO, with a derringer. Just put in a dual 26g build that comes to 0.6ohm and I'm thinking it might be a little too much for my 12mg liquids.
Nice setup you have! Nothing major here just a K100 with VTC4's, Igo L, Youde premade coils at .5, 1.0 and 1.4. Depends what kind of vape I want. Kami cotton. Juice is 16mg Mint Chocolate Chip, 16mg Fruit Punch and 16mg RY4.
The premade's are working surprisingly well. I am ordering coil so I can make my own. I like hands on. Not familiar with coil too much and not sure what sizes I need to make the three I mentioned above. Looking for a good RDA to maybe try dual coil to see what its like. Maybe something with a little deeper deck.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

I run mechs with Subtank minis. Yep the mechs have center pins in the top.
1 ohm vapes nice.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Nice setup you have! Nothing major here just a K100 with VTC4's, Igo L, Youde premade coils at .5, 1.0 and 1.4. Depends what kind of vape I want. Kami cotton. Juice is 16mg Mint Chocolate Chip, 16mg Fruit Punch and 16mg RY4.
The premade's are working surprisingly well. I am ordering coil so I can make my own. I like hands on. Not familiar with coil too much and not sure what sizes I need to make the three I mentioned above. Looking for a good RDA to maybe try dual coil to see what its like. Maybe something with a little deeper deck.
Sounds good. 28g will probably do you well for those resistances, it will just be a difference in number of wraps and internal diameter of the coils. Well, 0.5 might be pushing it with 28g unless you twist/parrallel or dual coil.

I like the igo-l and igo-w, but you might want to look into something with adjustable airflow. The Derringer is my favorite dripper so far, fits my vape style well, and gives incredible flavor. You can set it for single or dual coil, and has a decent sized deck for building, not a very deep well though.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I run mechs with Subtank minis. Yep the mechs have center pins in the top.
1 ohm vapes nice.
I haven't touched my 4nine(faux-hybrid) mod in awhile, but I have three atomizers with fixed protruding center pins which are the only ones I would ever use with it.

1 ohm on a mech can be a great vape, with good battery life for a single 18650.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Sounds good. 28g will probably do you well for those resistances, it will just be a difference in number of wraps and internal diameter of the coils. Well, 0.5 might be pushing it with 28g unless you twist/parrallel or dual coil.

I like the igo-l and igo-w, but you might want to look into something with adjustable airflow. The Derringer is my favorite dripper so far, fits my vape style well, and gives incredible flavor. You can set it for single or dual coil, and has a decent sized deck for building, not a very deep well though.
I have been eyeing the Derringer. I think I just may pick one up. Like the idea of adjustable airflow.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I haven't touched my 4nine(faux-hybrid) mod in awhile, but I have three atomizers with fixed protruding center pins which are the only ones I would ever use with it.

1 ohm on a mech can be a great vape, with good battery life for a single 18650.
I do not even buy any mechs with psuedo hybrid tops.
My Single coil RBA I got for my TFV4 mini is ok. But the flavor is better in the Subtank mini's.
Vaping the .76 coil now that came in the head at 25 watts.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Does the Derringer still have center post issues I read about?
What center post issues? There are a LOT of clones out there, so you'll probably have to read reviews of a specific clone version to see which is ok. I got my first one a long time ago, and the second one I bought modified for bottom feed from reosmods, haven't had any issues with either.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
What center post issues? There are a LOT of clones out there, so you'll probably have to read reviews of a specific clone version to see which is ok. I got my first one a long time ago, and the second one I bought modified for bottom feed from reosmods, haven't had any issues with either.

If I may ask, Lessifer, over on the REOs page where Rob is showing the atomizers, which RM??? is the one you are referring to above?

I've about used my little RM2s to pieces. They still work well though.

Thanks for the help.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If I may ask, Lessifer, over on the REOs page where Rob is showing the atomizers, which RM??? is the one you are referring to above?

I've about used my little RM2s to pieces. They still work well though.

Thanks for the help.
No problem, the derringer is the RM8. I have an RM2 as well, and I like it, but even though I've opened the air hole some, it's still a little tight. Great for lower wattage builds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread