Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yes, its resistance goes up when temp goes up Adam. But except this, titanium is one of the metals that is perfect for vaping in general because it combines exactly all the needed things and the most important is its bio compatibility.
The wires we use right now will bring problems to users in some years. I hope that I am wrong but I dont think so.

New rebuildable part will be ready in about 15 days, so I suppose that in 10 days I will make a video about it. I think that this time we solved all problems on ecigs, and the most difficult one that is the coil.

Too many people prefer the ready resistances that China offers because they cant / want / like / get bored / dont have the time / to make their own. That means that:

1. they pay a lot of money for these resistances
2. they dont know if materials are clean
3. they dont know from what materials they are made
4. they dont know how many hands and what hands kept them before they go inside their e-cig, something really ridiculous. Its not just a toy we bought, its something we put inside our bodies.

The new rebuildable part will stop this.

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
you can really check the resistance of titanium on a TC capable mod F1. The reason is that:

1. You dont know the temp of the room. But even if you know it, you cant make easily the maths if your room temp is different than 20 Celsius degrees.
2. The mod will send current to the wire to measure its resistance and it will increase it before you read it. What you will read is a resistance at a temp that you dont know :)

My mod has real-time resistance but I see what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I think all TC mods have "real time resistance" F1, otherwise they wouldnt work.

TC mods check the resistance many times per second to see where the resistance went. If they cant do this, then they are not TC mods. I think that the word "real time resistance" is maybe a selling trick. Except you mean something else of course:)

alanbt58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
United Kingdom
Spain and Italy will receive more awg in a while alan. I will send them more titanium wire together with the new rebuildable part of Tilemahos, that is in about 2 weeks I hope :)

For now, they have 0,25mm and 0,32mm. They will soon receive 0,3 - 0,35 and 0,4mm titanium wires

Thanks for the reply Imeo, but i just checked GG spain store again and they are out of stock on the 0.320mm (28AWG)
Ill keep a look out for the next batch if it is from you and i can be sure it is the correct type of tiatnium
Alan

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I understand what you mean, complex math if not 20C, a good multimeter needed. Both of which most aren't willing to endure to test wire for A1 or Grade 1 specs.

I am not knocking on you at all, just saying it is possible to ascertain the quality of a given length of wire.
I understand what you say buddy, we mean exactly the same. I am just trying to explain what exactly is going on:)
Mods send a small current to wire to measure it, so there is no way for any mod to really measure titanium grade 1

Reactions: f1vefour

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks for the reply Imeo, but i just checked GG spain store again and they are out of stock on the 0.320mm (28AWG)
Ill keep a look out for the next batch if it is from you and i can be sure it is the correct type of tiatnium
Alan
Spain and Italy will both carry all diameters of my wire in about 15 -20 days Alan :)

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Yes, its resistance goes up when temp goes up Adam. But except this, titanium is one of the metals that is perfect for vaping in general because it combines exactly all the needed things and the most important is its bio compatibility.
The wires we use right now will bring problems to users in some years. I hope that I am wrong but I dont think so.

New rebuildable part will be ready in about 15 days, so I suppose that in 10 days I will make a video about it. I think that this time we solved all problems on ecigs, and the most difficult one that is the coil.

Too many people prefer the ready resistances that China offers because they cant / want / like / get bored / dont have the time / to make their own. That means that:

1. they pay a lot of money for these resistances
2. they dont know if materials are clean
3. they dont know from what materials they are made
4. they dont know how many hands and what hands kept them before they go inside their e-cig, something really ridiculous. Its not just a toy we bought, its something we put inside our bodies.

The new rebuildable part will stop this.
Thanks for the info and cant wait for your video!! I think IMHO that people are looking for the easy way which makes sense to someone that is not used to tinkering with things but you are right if people do not know then they get what they get but the more people learn and the more experience they get through real life experience the more they will demand higher and higher standards which is good for everyone that's why sharing info like you do and everyone else in forums like this is the way to raise the standards to benefit all vapors I can not imagine a vapor 10 years from now looking back at us today thinking how could they have vaped like that didn't they know this or that it is like the wild west some times LOL Thanks Adam

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi Imeo the cross section is 0.321mm dia 28AWG
Alan
This resistance is very big and it looks like that you bought by mistake the very first titanium wire that esg brought to his store alan. I suppose his second one has less resistance

edit....... I checked again and the resistance is too big alan. Maybe your contacts are not right. Please screw well the bolts on your atomizer and check that threads dont touch each other or anywhere on the posts:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread