Status
Not open for further replies.

dogrocketdog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com

Ok Guys, Here we go. I am going to run a special contest in loving memory of my late, great husband Drew! I will be giving away...
2- Opus DNA 30 Custom Hydrographic Design. Opus.jpg

The rules to the contest are very simple:

• There is no purchase necessary to win
  • The contest will begin on Sunday, September 14 at 12:01am EST and end on Wed., October 15 at 11:59 pm EST
  • Every order placed on Nhaler.com will have an entry into the contest. The more orders, the more entries!!!
  • The other way to enter is to post in this thread. One entry per person.
  • I would like you to post any encounter you may have had with Drew. It doesn't have to be personal. for example, a story about Nhaler's customer service or if you spoke with Drew on the phone, if you met him at a vape meet , spoke with him on the forum, input about the products he release or experience with his YouTube videos, EcigTV show tutorials etc. Facebook, Google + or Twitter. Or maybe you have pictures that you took from somewhere. Please post anything about Drew that you remember in a positive way.
  • On Thursday, October 15, 2014 I will run 2 random.org # searches. One for all to the Nhaler order list entries and one for this thread post #'s. In the event that I have a post in the thread and my post # comes up, The next post # wins. (Example- Random.org says #14 and that is my post, then #15 would win).
  • On Thursday, October 15, 2014 I will announce the winners. I have a Wood Grain Opus and a Black Carbon Fiber Opus. The higher of the 2 #'s picked will be given the option of which one they want first.
  • In the event that you have had no experience with Nhaler or Drew, feel free to post, that you are just entering the contest.
  • Keep in mind that when I run contests, I tend to give away other prizes if certain posts intrigue me!
  • My ONLY stipulation is that there are NO negative comments about Drew or Nhaler. This is my husband and my business and this thread is a special tribute to Drew! Please be respectful!

Good Luck and happy posting!

10% coupon code "tribute" on Nhaler.com for the length of the contest!

Last edited:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
About a year ago when I was still very new to vaping, I talked to Drew several times regarding the Kicked Curve. Ended up getting one and even afterward I had a ton of questions regarding the device. He responded promptly every time and never seemed bothered by my "newbie" questions.

NHaler and Drew were a pleasure to deal with.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This is one great contest. I was a regular on the nhaler forum before the first xhaler was released. Not only did I get my first kit ever from Drew but also got my first real mod when the xhaler was released. I talked with Drew a couple times on the phone about the xhaler. He was always great to talk with and to buy from. Instead of flooding the market with a bunch of junk, he seemed to always take the time to make sure nhaler was selling top notch products. I learned that the hard way a couple times when I tried to save a couple bucks. We weren't best friends or anything but I sure respect him.

doots

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2009
    safe-list.com
    I never talked to Drew on the phone but I had purchased a product that wasn't working correctly, like 3 years ago. I sent an email to Drew telling of the problem. He responded right away and told me he would replace the item with a new one and put it in the mail to me the next morning, which he did.. I knew right there that this man had integrity and I knew that I would be buying from him again, which I did.. After that got my first Darwin from Nhaler.. Awesome customer service, fast shipping always and a really good guy that will be missed by all that had an affiliation with Nhaler and vaping in general.. I always looked forward to what new toy Drew would be first to have and release to us vapers.. He was always ahead of his time.. I was shocked to hear the news of his passing..

Drew, you are missed by ALL of us that have been here for many years now on ECF.. Again, my condolences to Dogrocket and workers and family of Drew!

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    sadly the only contact i ever had with Drew was asking about a skin for an xhaler a few years back. i always admired and wanted a darwin and i spent hours reading about them.. the comments and questions made and Drews answers. he was always clear and to the point. i never ended up with that darwin but gues what? the opus d became my favorite mod and got rid of all my others in order to have 2 opus ds and im happy to say i now have 3. i would love to have all the colors and patterns by the time im done. right now i have a red 20 watt, a blue 20 watt and the white snakeskin 20 watt.

mardin315

Aug 28, 2013
    ann arbor
    Bash last Year, I was working the Vaping Militia Table, Drew called me over to the Casaa Table for a short chat, 45 min later I felt I had know him for a lifetime. I felt truly honored he took the time to share his thoughts and passion with me. I consider myself a very lucky man. Thank you for allowing me to share this ...Joe Barnett, Vaping Militia

EagleHawk

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2009
    Huntington Beach,CA
    About 3 1/2 years ago, when we were all still learning together I was fortunate enough to talk to Drew. I had questions on a few of the NHALER mods, and wanted to know what I should get, so I emailed back and forth with Drew, and ended up calling. Drew answered that day, and ended up spending a LOT of time with me on the phone. He got me all squared away. I mentioned to him my forum name, and he remembered me from this forum, and inquisitively asked about my forum name. We ended up talking about birds - LOL!

A stand up man, honorable and patient, diligent, and all around a good man. My condolences to Drew's family, the Nhaler family, and our community for we lost one of our pioneer's. God Bless You Drew, see ya up there bud.

I first dealt with Drew when I bought my Darwin years back. He was helpful and ensured me I'd be happy with the purchase. He was not wrong. As a matter of fact, I went back to Drew to by my Opus last year when my old Darwin finally failed.

Drew, may you find peace and your perfect vape up in heaven.

Cliff

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I first met Drew almost 5 years ago through NuVapor chat. He would crack us all up and help anyone with questions. If it weren't for Drew and the NuVapor crew, I would probably have given up on vaping. I loved seeing him at the big vape meets, but I'll never forget the first time I saw him after he shaved his face and grew his hair out. He came up and said, "Hey April! Long time no see!" And he leaned in to give me a hug. I backed up because I didn't even recognize him. He laughed and said he'd been getting that kind of response from a lot of people. The vaping community lost a great member. My condolences to you and the rest of his family and friends.

This pic is from Philly Vapefest 2011. (ECF wouldn't let me upload the pic, so I used this link)
    http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/autumnbreeze30/Philly%20VapeFest%202011/037.jpg

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I was one of the many beginner vapors that Drew helped with his vast store of vape knowledge. I sent a lot of emails to nHaler back in those days and Drew was always patient, kind, and cool with me even when I was ready to give up and go back to analogs. He's a big reason that I didn't and I'll always remember that.

RIP Drew

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2009
    Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
    www.myspace.com
    I don't need to be part of this contest, I just wanted to say, Drew was awesome. I loved that man, and he is missed by so many. He had his reputation, but anyone who talked to him found out everyone had a very false perception of the man behind the keyboard. I will remember all the razzing and laughs about me being wild, dressing crazy, all the costumes...I was fortunate to have had the chance to bond with him, even though we only hung out in person a handful of times. And with that, my favorite picture of him and Cisco, and myself, when both of them were smiling (which many didn't realize was possible) back from Vapefest in Philly, 2011.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwT1JTnWi99LNUEtZXVjSDRwbms/edit?usp=docslist_api

Edit: wow my signature is really old.

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2011
    I'm right behind you
    I met Drew for the first time in a Google Hangout. Drew was a very down to earth and straight shooting kind of guy. He had a great sense of humor too, we spoke many times since that first hangout and he was always great fun and a solid guy, you will be forever missed Drew, my friend !

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    At the time I was going to place an order and went searching for the current coupon code on the nhaler forum when... finding out about Drew's passing stopped me in my tracks. I thought about placing the order anyway, because it somehow seemed like the right thing to do. I passed at the time, figuring y'all had plenty of other far greater concerns to be dealing with.

Gonna go place that tribute order right now, but I still feel a little conflicted. Major sadz but thank you for doing this in honor of Drew at the same time.

tumblr_mu9nw5QjPh1sjro9ko1_250.gif

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2014
    Stratford, NJ
    My only exposure to Drew was from his ecigTV YouTube videos I had watched when I started out the vaping journey. Also enjoyed his classic "Drewella" calls to Kevin's VP Live Show. It's awesome to see people so passionate about vaping, like Drew was. He wasn't just in it for the money. He was an innovator, and an advocate on a level unmatched by any other I know of. He's helped so many people in so many different ways, Drew was a class act all the way.

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 17, 2009
    Dayton Ohio
    I've been vaping since April of 09, so I knew Drew, mostly from VF. I know there was some drama for a time, but I never had a problem with Drew. In fact he once had a contest in the middle of all that, whoever could prove that DW was an idiot would win, so I posted this and won.

vapefest.gif

Here he is with DW, Spikey and Ride.

photogkz.jpg

I never actually met him but I'm very sorry to hear of his passing and very sorry for your loss.

RIP Drew.

PS: I hope you don't take my post as disrespectful in any way, it's certainly not intended to be. If you do, I will gladly delete it. I assume that hatchets were buried by everyone from those days. If not they should have been..

Reactions: OCD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread