Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
We'll just put you down in the "Don't want to Answer the Question because it might make my Candidate look like ALL the Rest." category.

;)

So you say. But not what I said. And "my candidate" already lost. :laugh: He would have kept his promises which is likely why he lost :lol:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not happy about Pence, but still going to go with Trump. I know what we'd
get with Hillary - more extensive government over reach, and more division
in the country.

Don't forget about 2 Supreme Court Justices also.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
For the first time in my life I'll be voting in a presidential election and Trump is what has gotten me off my rear to do so. I can't stand the man, can't stand anything about him but I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to send a clear as a bell message to the cesspool in Washington. Enough. I don't think Trump will be affective at much of anything but I see him as a stepping stone toward something else. Gotta tear everything out of the closet and lay the mess out all over the floor before you can begin to organize and put everything back in in an organized sensible manner. I see Trump as the mess after the closet has been emptied and what comes after him will hopefully be the start of the organizing, getting things right. If Pence is going to be there along for the ride, so be it.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Same type of "argument" could be made for buggy whips and whale oil (vs. autos and electricity) - and WAS at the time. lol... Some people can't see past present time. I agree MSA would be toast and it would be hard to replace that with ecig revenue - but the jobs would be there and the taxes that go with them and their businesses.
Do you really think vaping could be as big of an industry as tobacco? I'm not so sure. Complete speculation of course, but I think even if ALL smokers converted to vaping, you'd have a swell and then gradual decline in the vaping industry.

Reactions: DC2

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Do you really think vaping could be as big of an industry as tobacco? I'm not so sure. Complete speculation of course, but I think even if ALL smokers converted to vaping, you'd have a swell and then gradual decline in the vaping industry.

Tobacco won't go away but vaping will continue to replace the 15% (US) and higher percentages elsewhere of those who smoke (given that the regulations don't totally decimate the ecig industry which it may very well do). And I think people find benefits from nicotine. So the likely fallout from vaping might be along the lines of cold turkey quits from smoking.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Vaping annihilates smoking and leaves nothing in its place. Smoking a carton a week cost me $3,000 a year. A year supply of liquid I make at home is $30. Most of 1 trillion dollars is redirected in the private economy and most of that benefits children because of better household income.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Vaping simply does not have a hold on people like cigarettes did.

Many of us long-time vapers here could do without it if we really wanted to.
Many of us, even though they don't know it yet.
:D

If vaping ever becomes supported instead of vilified...
And if nicotine ever becomes supported instead of demonized...

Then vaping might very well have a strong future.

Big Pharma does not want that to happen in a million years.
And Big Tobacco would probably like very much for that to happen.

Big Government MIGHT not have a dog in that race, but I'm not sure yet.
They just want the income to keep on coming in, one way or another.

Reactions: Lessifer

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Hillary wins, everything is Executive Order. Trump wins, I pray he listens to cooler Republican heads.
Trump isn't stupid, no matter how many people want to think he is.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

People worry about the damage that Trump might do.
I am terrified of what Hilary will do.

The Supreme Court is FAR more important than who is the figurehead for the next few years.
That's all I'm going to say about that too.

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
Hillary wins, everything is Executive Order. Trump wins, I pray he listens to cooler Republican heads.

And if people think Clinton will have a transparent presidency, I have beachfront property in freaking Iowa to sell ya. ;)

Trump isn't stupid, no matter how many people want to think he is.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

People worry about the damage that Trump might do.
I am terrified of what Hilary will do.

The Supreme Court is FAR more important than who is the figurehead for the next few years.
That's all I'm going to say about that too.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think this is a most important election. No ways around it.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Despite what is said, i am quite certain vaping is not a determinative factor in how anyone votes. Those saying they will vote from Trump, would have voted for him regardless imo. Those who really think Trump is a delusional and unpredictable narcissist, would not vote for him regardless of vaping issues, especially since his position on vaping is unknown.

As for those saying they would vote for Hillary .... well, there seems to be absolutely no Democrats in this forum ( personally i think there are secret Democrats ) !?

For those who think a choice between Hillary and Trump is a choice between the absolute worst thing that could happen to the country, and the second worst thing that could happen to the country, and live in a state where the outcome is not in doubt, the more rational decision seems to be voting for a third candidate or staying home ( or vote for other offices only ).

Reactions: Grimwald

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Despite what is said, i am quite certain vaping is not a determinative factor in how anyone votes. Those saying they will vote from Trump, would have voted for him regardless imo. Those who really think Trump is a delusional and unpredictable narcissist, would not vote for him regardless of vaping issues, especially since his position on vaping is unknown.

As for those saying they would vote for Hillary .... well, there seems to be absolutely no Democrats in this forum ( personally i think there are secret Democrats ) !?

For those who think a choice between Hillary and Trump is a choice between the absolute worst thing that could happen to the country, and the second worst thing that could happen to the country, and live in a state where the outcome is not in doubt, the more rational decision seems to be voting for a third candidate or staying home ( or vote for other offices only ).
It's no secret that I'm a Democrat, and I will likely be voting for Clinton. I just don't feel the need to broadcast it, since, as you said, I won't be changing anyone's mind here.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I'm not Voting for Trump because I like Him or think he would be Good for this Country. :facepalm:

Trump is cross between a Cartoon Character and an TV Infomercial. And is Far from what I would even Remotely Consider having Adult Qualities.

But he Represents the Best Chance to stop Clinton from getting into the OOTP. Voting 3rd Party Doesn't do this. And Staying Home and Not Voting Isn't in my nature.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I'm not Voting for Trump because I like Him or think he would be Good for this Country. :facepalm:

Trump is cross between a Cartoon Character and an TV Infomercial. And is Far from what I would even Remotely Consider having Adult Qualities.

But he Represents the Best Chance to stop Clinton from getting into the OOTP. Voting 3rd Party Doesn't do this. And Staying Home and Not Voting Isn't in my nature.
Yeah, like i said, you would have voted for Trump regardless of vaping. If i were forced under gunpoint to vote for one or the other, i would vote for Hillary. I think Trump is a lot more dangerous than a " cross between a cartoon character and a tv infomercial ". I am not certain, but i will likely vote ( third candidate ).

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, like i said, you would have voted for Trump regardless of vaping. If i were forced under gunpoint to vote for one or the other, i will vote for Hillary. I think Trump is a lot more dangerous than a " cross between a cartoon character and a tv infomercial ". I am not certain, but i will likely vote ( third candidate ).

I think Many Things should go into the Choice of who one Votes for. And Weighting needs to be placed on each of these Factors. Because Clearly (or at least to Me) some things are More Important than Others.

And you are Right. If e-Cigarettes did exist, I would still vote the way I am. They were Not a Deciding Factor.

Like I said, I'm for Not Someone, I'm voting Against Someone else. Because I see the "else" as a Great Evil than the Someone.

Frankly, I'm pretty Disgused by the Entire Process.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I think Many Things should go into the Choice of who one Votes for. And Weighting needs to be placed on each of these Factors. Because Clearly (or at least to Me) some things are More Important than Others.

And you are Right. If e-Cigarettes did exist, I would still vote the way I am. They were Not a Deciding Factor.

Like I said, I'm for Not Someone, I'm voting Against Someone else. Because I see the "else" as a Great Evil than the Someone.

Frankly, I'm pretty Disgused by the Entire Process.
I understand your point of view, and if i lived in a state where the outcome was in doubt, i would vote for Hillary. We are similar in that we see the absolute necessity to stop one of the candidates, but we differ in who we think is more dangerous.

I live in a state where Hillary will win by more than 20 points anyway, so i will vote ( or not ) according to my values and my conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread