Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I understand your point of view, and if i lived in a state where the outcome was in doubt, i would vote for Hillary. We are similar in that we see the absolute necessity to stop one of the candidates, but we differ in who we think is more dangerous.

I live in a state where Hillary will win by more than 20 points anyway, so i will vote ( or not ) according to my values and my conscience.

I know that if I Express my Views too Strongly about the Electoral Process, that someone might view this Thread as a Candidate (Pun Intended) for the OUTSIDE. Which I do Not want to see happen.

But I will say this.

I think the "Winner Take All" process is in the Primaries is Wrong. As are Super-Delegates.

And I think in the Presidential Race, as with ALL Races, it should be 1 Person = 1 Vote. And the Winner should be Decided by Who has the Most Votes.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Despite what is said, i am quite certain vaping is not a determinative factor in how anyone votes. Those saying they will vote from Trump, would have voted for him regardless imo. Those who really think Trump is a delusional and unpredictable narcissist, would not vote for him regardless of vaping issues, especially since his position on vaping is unknown.).

There may be some single issue vaping voters, I suspect it's unlikely to be many. Vaping is important to me but it's not even close to the top of the list. One of the parties has vowed to repeal every single word of my wife's only chance of accessing health care for the next 5 years. So declare war on the world, abolish vaping, tax the crap out of the rich, whatever, I really don't care. Some people have a single overriding issue, some have party loyalty, some have an ideology. Life is complicated.

Just for fun, I once read a speech by some grumpy old politician who was opposed to women's suffrage. He said, if you give women the vote they will just vote for the tallest man in the race. The article went on to make the jocular observation that the average height of Presidents had increased dramatically since then. Just saying. Come on girls, give me hell. I deserve it.

As for those saying they would vote for Hillary .... well, there seems to be absolutely no Democrats in this forum ( personally i think there are secret Democrats ) !? ).

I'm sure there are. They just aren't as loud as the other lot. I seem to recall seeing some research here a few months back that said vaping was evenly distributed across party lines, and economic status.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I know that if I Express my Views too Strongly about the Electoral Process, that someone might view this Thread as a Candidate (Pun Intended) for the OUTSIDE. Which I do Not want to see happen.

But I will say this.

I think the "Winner Take All" process is in the Primaries is Wrong. As are Super-Delegates.

And I think in the Presidential Race, as with ALL Races, it should be 1 Person = 1 Vote. And the Winner should be Decided by Who has the Most Votes.
I agree. If you were anointed king, and changed the electoral process, then i would definitely vote for Hillary, but given the system we currently have, i can't foresee voting for Hillary, regardless of how terrified i am of a Trump presidency. Like i said, Hillary is going to win my state in an absolute landslide anyway.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
There may be some single issue vaping voters, I suspect it's unlikely to be many. Vaping is important to me but it's not even close to the top of the list. One of the parties has vowed to repeal every single word of my wife's only chance of accessing health care for the next 5 years. So declare war on the world, abolish vaping, tax the crap out of the rich, whatever, I really don't care. Some people have a single overriding issue, some have party loyalty, some have an ideology. Life is complicated.

Just for fun, I once read a speech by some grumpy old politician who was opposed to women's suffrage. He said, if you give women the vote they will just vote for the tallest man in the race. The article went on to make the jocular observation that the average height of Presidents had increased dramatically since then. Just saying. Come on girls, give me hell. I deserve it.

I'm sure there are. They just aren't as loud as the other lot. I seem to recall seeing some research here a few months back that said vaping was evenly distributed across party lines, and economic status.
Yes ! If i were to rank the issues that are important to me, vaping will likely not be in the top five, possibly not in top ten either. And yet, vaping is very important to me.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree. If you were anointed king, and changed the electoral process, then i would definitely vote for Hillary, but given the system we currently have, i can't foresee voting for Hillary, regardless of how terrified i am of a Trump presidency. Like i said, Hillary is going to win my state in an absolute landslide anyway.

It shouldn't matter How Many people vote for a given Candidate in your State. Your Vote should Still Count.

Reactions: Yiana

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
It shouldn't matter How Many people vote for a given Candidate in your State. Your Vote should Still Count.
I don't really follow. Are you suggesting i should vote for Hillary, regardless of what i think of her, because i dislike Trump more and because realistically, only one of them can win ? I shouldn't vote for a candidate whose positions aligns more closely to my own, even if the outcome of the vote in my state is a foregone conclusion !?

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't really follow. Are you suggesting i should vote for Hillary, regardless of what i think of her, because i dislike Trump more and because realistically, only one of them can win ? I shouldn't vote for a candidate whose positions aligns more closely to my own, even if the outcome of the vote in my state is a foregone conclusion !?

I'm Not suggesting that you Should vote for any Candidate. That is the Choice and the Right that Every Individual should Make/Have for themselves.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I'm Not suggesting that you Should vote for any Candidate. That is the Choice and the Right that Every Individual should Make/Have for themselves.
Honestly zoid, i don't even know what we're talking about anymore lol I don't really understand what you mean by " your vote should count " . It does, literally, in my own state .... unless you mean it should count towards a total national vote for president, something i already agreed with you on. But that's not the system we currently have, so i'll make strategic and tactical decisions, based on what we have, rather than what i think we should have.

Regardless, my (original ) point was that very few people will vote for Trump ( or not ) , based on his position on vaping ( none ), or what they think his position will be, or his choice in vice president, and his perceived position on vaping.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Honestly zoid, i don't even know what we're talking about anymore lol I don't really understand what you mean by " your vote should count " . It does, literally, in my own state .... unless you mean it should count towards a total national vote for president, something i already agreed with you on. But that's not the system we currently have, so i'll make strategic and tactical decisions, based on what we have, rather than what i think we should have.

Regardless, my (original ) point was that very few people will vote for Trump ( or not ) , based on his position on vaping ( none ), or what they think his position will be, or his choice in vice president, and his perceived position on vaping.

That's OK. And I don't want to post much more in this Thread Anyway. So Maybe we should just leaving in the Confused State that it is.

LOL.

Reactions: Mazinny

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
As for those saying they would vote for Hillary .... well, there seems to be absolutely no Democrats in this forum ( personally i think there are secret Democrats ) !?

There's quite a few, actually. I could name them, but I won't :- )

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My single issue is corruption. No candidate for any office dares talk about it because that would be criticizing voters, us, because we don't want to hear about it. Good laws are ignored. Bad laws are manipulated. I've been a victim of both. I'm not surprised there can be evil. I'm disallusioned by the people with influence who want us to believe they are "honest" when they stand silent. Once in a while we pillory somebody prominant for corruption so we can pretend to be doing something about it. The police shootings we read about are about corruption not racism. Shine the light on judges, prosecutors and local governments. But they are doing what we want and that is the problem. We can't fix it because then we have to criticize ourselves. We don't have the courage to do that.

So my single issue is vaping because the things that really matter to me don't interest anybody.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I know that if I Express my Views too Strongly about the Electoral Process, that someone might view this Thread as a Candidate (Pun Intended) for the OUTSIDE.

The thread is teetering on that. As long as it stays vaping related, it's fine. But as soon as it descends into total political chaos, you can be assured that's exactly where the thread will end up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The thread is teetering on that. As long as it stays vaping related, it's fine. But as soon as it descends into total political chaos, you can be assured that's exactly where the thread will end up.

I Hate Teetering.

;)

That's OK. And I don't want to post much more in this Thread Anyway. So Maybe we should just leaving in the Confused State that it is.

LOL.

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth

If you feel you should vote third party by all means do not stay home. This is why third party candidates haven't gone anywhere since when Ross Perot got a nice little chunk of the vote. Me? I prefer the other side when it comes to the main race and my state sways that way so he will win by landslide here. So I'm thinking of voting third party since that won't affect the outcome of who wins the state here.

To get back to vaping. I've been vaping this diy custard king all day. I vape. I vote. And when it comes down to it local and state elections are very important to vape causes. Vote those :censored: out!

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
So, I'm confused, what is Pence's stance on e-cigarettes??? At one point, thought not good given the debacle in Indiana requiring e-liquid suppliers to obtain security services from a specific security firm (e.g. a lot of control of a industry by a single firm). But then read the article on vapes.com which indicates....

"Strangely, he is also on record for being one of the very few congressmen strongly opposed to the FDA e-cig regulations, as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread