Vape/Analog Friendly Airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Leaford, use the JS as your main go-to vaper in planes, been working like a charm for me as my stealth vaper!

I dunno, a small box with a button, what looks like an antenna, and a flashing blue/red light? :rolleyes: I can't THINK of anything I would LESS like to be seen holding on an airplane! :shock:

:D

Seriously, though, The VK got me by as far as nicotine, flavor, and the hand to mouth. It was low vapor enough I didn't really have to hold it in my lungs longer, or blow it down my shirt or anything. Just blew it out my nose downwards. The Stick was too high vapor to use without getting rid of the vapor one way or another. The bathroom trips were mostly just so I could relax about the vapor and let it loose.

Billowy, billowy vapor! :wub:

I dunno, a small box with a button, what looks like an antenna, and a flashing blue/red light? :rolleyes: I can't THINK of anything I would LESS like to be seen holding on an airplane! :shock:

No kidding!

I think the safest thing would be something that looked a lot closer to an analog but with a blue light. Clearly something one intends to use like a cigarette, but also clearly no fire attached.

(Unless the flame is from decent moonshine...)

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
No kidding!

I think the safest thing would be something that looked a lot closer to an analog but with a blue light. Clearly something one intends to use like a cigarette, but also clearly no fire attached.

(Unless the flame is from decent moonshine...)

Look guys, trust me on this. I had people ask me if it was a cell phone, USB memory, Pager etc... no worries. I've spent the last 3 days in a corporate meeting stealth vaping on the JS.

tattoo131313

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Belleville IL.
Here's a few:

(NRT) Tokyo, Japan has a nice smoking lounge with bistro chairs and tables, cigarette machines and "push" lighters like you find in your car.

(NGO) Nagoya, Japan has lounges with lighters ziptied to tables and cigarette machines.

(MNL) Manila, Philippines has lounges with waiters who will serve drinks.They can be a little "pushy" but you are not obligated to buy anything.

tattoo131313

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Belleville IL.
1 more

(DTW) Detroit has one place to smoke. The Fox sports bar. I had to order a $4 coke with a $2 tip to sit at a table and smoke. After coming off a 13hr flight to catch another 4hr flight home 6 bucks didn't seem like much to pay to get my "fix". I did see a couple of people try to smoke in the doorway only to be told that they had to order something or move along.

The reason I'm posting the name of the bar is because when I asked 3 different airport employees where the smoking lounge was I was given directions and then proceeded to walk past the bar 3 times while looking for a "lounge".Only after I asked the 4th person was I told it was in a bar.

gcram399

Dec 23, 2009
Irwin Pa
Atlanta has a smoking room (C13 I think) on C concourse. D doesn't. After I found this out, I always stayed on C to the very last minute if I had to go to D. The last few years I got to stay on C for my connecting flight, so that might have changed for D.

My last four flights took me via Atlanta and I do believe that you are correct in their locations. For the most part, lighting up is not necessary in the smoking lounges there. Just walk through the doors and breath for a few minutes. Enough smoke in the air already to satisfy any nicotine fix.

I also find exiting/re-entry at Houstons George Bush terminal very easy if you use the Parking garage exit. Just get off the plane and ask any of those guys driving those people movers to drop you off at the bottom of the Parking Garage ramp.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Leaford, use the JS as your main go-to vaper in planes, been working like a charm for me as my stealth vaper!
I have the new v3 Stick on order just for travel. From the photos I've seen it looks like a small MP3 player or similar gadget. The only worry I have is about the batteries. I always had hard time using 3.7v ecig because the power would drop down from 3.7 very fast (15 minutes for stock 510 PV) and I was not able to get any throat hit after that. Only Chuck with 3000 mAh battery works well for me on 3.7v -- can use it for several hours. The Stick comes with only 360 mAh battery and I am not sure how well those batteries work.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I have the new v3 Stick on order just for travel. From the photos I've seen it looks like a small MP3 player or similar gadget. The only worry I have is about the batteries. I always had hard time using 3.7v ecig because the power would drop down from 3.7 very fast (15 minutes for stock 510 PV) and I was not able to get any throat hit after that. Only Chuck with 3000 mAh battery works well for me on 3.7v -- can use it for several hours. The Stick comes with only 360 mAh battery and I am not sure how well those batteries work.

Well, You shouldn't worry, a JS lasts me at least 2.5 hours and I vape constantly. Also, I always carry a extra battery, and a USB to mini cable, I just plug my JS into my laptop for a charge or use it as a PT.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
A new update, just arrived in Madrid. Barajas Madrid airport has many smoking kiosks. In fact I walked by 2 in arrivals. Here is a pic.

ptjd-albums-europe-picture6061-smoking-room-madrid.jpg

BongoBob

Apr 11, 2010
houston, TX
(IAH): No smoking zones inside the terminal at all! All terminals allow smoking at least 25 feet from the entrance (with threat of 500 dollar fine, haha)

I work here, and i've never vaped in front of passengers inside, but while working the gate, i have been known to sneak around the corner and puff a few puffs.

I'm curious to know if anyone's been to singapore's Changi airport, and if they have any smoker areas, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread