Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I'm lucky to be in a warehouse setting doing repairs so the fact of my vaping instead of going outside to smoke means that I can get more work done as I don't have to leave my bench, in theory. Most of my co workers all y about my set ups or try to guess what flavor I've got that day. Only had someone in management question it once but I explained it all and that it was not against the law and he hasn't bothered me since. But now Illinois has a potential to ban indoor use where smoking is banned... Hopefully that doesn't go through, but more the chairperson of that bill says it's supposed to be only for banning in schools and state buildings.

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
need 2 make a vapers equivalent to that dry sheet in a paper roll thingy, like a water bottle with dryer sheets and a hole at the bottom vape goes in and nothing comes out or something like that.

You can exhale into a foam cup of ice water and not get too many stares. It just looks like breath steam. You can't fog out but it's a great way to exhale when the boss comes around the corner right after you've inhaled. :)

xhuffer

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
SoCal
I don't live in the city of Los Angeles but I work there. They have a lot of stupid laws one being no vaping where smoking is not allowed. Yet I merrily vape all day long in my office. Screw the city of LA. Come arrest me. I dare you. My boss doesn't care because.......well I am the boss. I meet with numerous clients during tax season but I don't openly vape in front of them. Life is good.

PatrickDuffelcoat

Mar 23, 2015
UK
We had it good for a few months, but then one of the girls who loves to complain, wrote an email to the director saying that it was making her crohns worse so it got banned from the office. It's a policy I hate but understand. I think if it weren't for that then I would have quit cigs altogether a long time ago - being forced to go outside to vape only increases the temptation to have a "real" cig otherwise I'd be happy to substitute a cig break for a vape and game of Hearthstone

Kevin H

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Connecticut
I use to bring my vape into work with me and vape in my department. The dept. was out of the way, and nobody really came in there except for the couple of people that worked in there. I didn't just "openly" vape, but was able to grab a "pull" whenever I felt like I needed one. On breaks, the 4 people that vape would do so in the cafeteria, and the other 25-30 people there really didn't care/say anything. A few months ago, the company made a rule that nobody can vape ANYWHERE inside the building. So, on breaks, the (4) of us have to go outside and as an extra bonus, we also get to inhale the cigarette smoke from the "smokers". Yup.....Talk about some B.S.!....and YES.....The company that I work for.......SUCKS! :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread