Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
My company's owner is an ex-smoker who has nagged me for years about smoking. He is happy I am vaping instead.

BUT ... I never asked permission to vape, I just stealth vape in my office on an evod. The boss knows (his wife caught me one day) but hasn't said anything. So there's no official policy one way or another, and I think I'd prefer to keep it that way. If they had to make anything official, they'd probably ban it in the office.

Upside for them - I take fewer and shorter breaks. I no longer take a break in the morning, and my afternoon break is now less than 5 minutes of chain vaping on a mod, when I used to take 10 minutes or so to smoke 1-1/2 cigs.

Reactions: Caro123

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
I vape pretty openly at work when there aren't too many people around, but I try not to flaunt it. There was one e-juice that my colleague complained about (claimed the smell was giving him a headache), so I stopped vaping that flavor at work. I feel that as long as you are considerate, most people don't really care. We pretty much view it as being akin to someone spraying cologne / perfume.

I'm also happy to say that I helped two of my colleagues successfully quit smoking analog cigarettes, they now vape happily away at their cubicles as well.

There was one person who complained about it regarding my recently converted colleague, but she was ultimately jealous, as she is a cigarette smoker. Smoking was banned somewhat recently at my work, even in the parking lot, so they have to go way out of their way to find a place to smoke. I regularly see her smoke just a couple steps outside of the door, and I asked her how she would feel if we reported her. Naturally, she became rather defensive, but no complaints have been made ever since (at least not to my knowledge).

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I have to sneak, all tobacco is banned. People walk to the street to vape. It is annoying.

I do it in the car and will address it if I am pressed on it. Probably be a jerk and plug a smoke machine into my 110 outlet in my SUV and run it just to make a point.

Not allowed at my office.... Only patches and gums are allowed, but you still get the negatives as if you were a smoker.... Technically the campus is tobacco and simulated-smoking free, and they convinced the surrounding businesses to make their parking lots the same, so its even harder to take a break, but I stealth pretty good in my car in the garage.... Not fun at all....

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I also am in an open office area with three other people who are all non smokers. I have a main intake vent right above my desk and no one ever smells it, so they let me vape clouds if I want. I'm sure this is rare compared to the amount of vaping office workers, but I'm just lucky I guess.

Either that or they let me get away with a few things as I have stage 4 liver cancer and they all know I've only got a couple years left. Something good has come out of it right??? LOL

Reactions: KattMamma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread