Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Its really nice to read vaping is becoming somewhat acceptable at some locations.

I'm self employed, so vaping isn't a problem.

Regardless, I was stopped at a red light the other day while driving home...I noticed the guy in the car next to me hitting on some type of mechanical mod. This was the first time I've ever noticed anyone vaping while I was driving.

Anyway, I took a big hit off a 30W, tooted the horn, blew the cloud toward the passenger side window.

The guy in the car next to me stuck his mod in his mouth, did the same thing, and high fived me.

We both smiled, then the light turned green.

I'll have to pay more attention in the future, I've only been vaping for a couple months, this is the first time I've seen someone else vaping in their car, or actually vaping anywhere in public.

Maybe I don't get around enough.......:tumble:

Rmull27

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Laughlin
In the air force the leadership has lumped vaping with tobacco use do its only authorized in designated tobacco areas. So we have to walk about 2-3 minutes to the pavillion on the flight line to vape with all the smokers. On one hand it can be annoying, but on the other its nice to get away from work for 15 minutes a few times a day, and step outside.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I was all good last year. December the "Building Management" indicated that vaping was being treated like smoking and was not allowed in the building. I "ignored" that mandate until Friday when my supervisor said that "Big Boss" told him to tell me to stop vaping in my office as there had been "complaints". Yeah, whatever. But, I like my supervisor, and don't want him to take any heat for my actions so I now go back outside to "not smoke". #@#$@^@$#FR$#%@#$^@#RF@#%$@#$^ nazis.

And like Raven, most people said it smelled good in my office.

But, "Building Management" has also indicated that space heaters are not permitted, but I need at least two hands to count all the heaters in action in our offices.....

@#%$^@#$R@#!T43252T#@R1234@#41TR342523^%J@#!@T13451234 "k-nidiots"

Last edited:

kenbu

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Oregon
I "NEVER" vape at work.... I SWEAR!!! ;-) ...but if I were to, I would blow the vapor under my desk so that if would never be noticed by anyone.

Actually, I've mostly been working from home the past few months, so I guess I do vape "at work" now. The few times a month I head into the office, I go out to the smoking pit more for socialization than to avoind violatating any rules.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Just be careful, bathroom stealthers. If you have the type of fire alarms that detect with lasers and not just detect smoke, you CAN set off the fire alarm. You're probably good if you don't go in there and fog it up or blow upward, but something to be aware of.

Ask me how I know :D

You've never seen someone clear out of a bathroom so fast in your life.

"Whoah, I wonder what the heck could have caused that? I don't even think anyone was in that bathroom"

:D

katwb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2014
Calhoun, GA
I work for a major corporation. We have a no smoking anywhere on the property - a tobaco free zone and if your caught with even an unlight smoke..... your terminated without question ..... so smokers have to go across the road on the grass to smoke (hiding their unlight cig as they walk - rain or shine). At some of our locations the company even owns the property across the street or they arent' allowed to leave while on the clock - so they go without for 8+ hours. No one has said anything about my vaping - but no one knows either. I sit in my high wall cubicle and vape away on my iStick mini and blow the smoke in a napkin or go to the restroom and also blow the vape into tissue for fear of setting off the fire alarms.
The best thing is to not make a big deal - no vape/smoke clouds over my desk - none in the restrooms. If anyone sees the iStick - 99.9% don't know what it is.
Its a hugh billion $$ corporation and I work at corporate - I don't give them reason to question what I am doing by flaunting it...... I think if others would do the same then it would help keep it from being brought to the table for discussion or questioning and rules then being made against.

Smucky

Jan 30, 2015
Just be careful, bathroom stealthers. If you have the type of fire alarms that detect with lasers and not just detect smoke, you CAN set off the fire alarm. You're probably good if you don't go in there and fog it up or blow upward, but something to be aware of.

Ask me how I know :D

You've never seen someone clear out of a bathroom so fast in your life.

"Whoah, I wonder what the heck could have caused that? I don't even think anyone was in that bathroom"

:D

Been there, done that. You can even set the normal ones off with steam or vapour too, if there's enough of it... :oops:

They (the normal ones) work by having a small radioactive source emitting low level alpha particles radiation to a receptor. When something disrupts the sensor from receiving the particles even slightly, (depending on the sensitivity, of course) the alarm sounds. Alpha particles can't really pass through much and even the microscopic water droplets in exhaled vapour (similar to the microscopic ash particles in smoke) will cause the thing to go off.

gnvidad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
CA, US
I work for a major corporation. We have a no smoking anywhere on the property - a tobaco free zone and if your caught with even an unlight smoke..... your terminated without question ..... so smokers have to go across the road on the grass to smoke (hiding their unlight cig as they walk - rain or shine). At some of our locations the company even owns the property across the street or they arent' allowed to leave while on the clock - so they go without for 8+ hours.

Do you work at a concentration camp? That seems a TAD bit excessive. Do you get written up for drinking caffeinated drinks or eating over 50 grams of sugar during a work day also? :ohmy:

My Director allows me to vape when my coworker isn't in for the day (we share an office :(). If not I like to go downstairs in the "smoking" alley so that I'm not stuck in my office all day. When you're a DJ (desk jockey), you need all the exercise you can get during the workday.

Last edited:

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I'm working in an advertising agency, there are 4 vapor including me (2 months), we all vape in office. I'm in a different floor and division, my other partner in office don't smoke or vape, so i try to pull a small puff when ever i want to so not to disturb him with my vape.

we are lucky in Malaysia that not many or may be non of the building ban vaping in building. But I guess this situation will change just matter of time.

ChristianProgrammer

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2015
USA Milwaukee
I work in an office and I vape all day every day. When people walk in they usually say it smells good in here.

lol yea me to but I can close my door..
I'm thinking I might ask my supervisor so that one day folks don't just pop in to catch me blowing a big ole cloud from either the atlantis or an atty.
Kewel thing with vape is you can always go the restroom and no one is the wiser...lol again unless its a multi person rest room and your blowing giant tornados

ChristianProgrammer

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2015
USA Milwaukee
Been there, done that. You can even set the normal ones off with steam or vapour too, if there's enough of it... :oops:

They (the normal ones) work by having a small radioactive source emitting low level alpha particles radiation to a receptor. When something disrupts the sensor from receiving the particles even slightly, (depending on the sensitivity, of course) the alarm sounds. Alpha particles can't really pass through much and even the microscopic water droplets in exhaled vapour (similar to the microscopic ash particles in smoke) will cause the thing to go off.

Woah good to know,, Ill have to be more careful at theaters that would ruin the night....
honey did you vape in the mens-room and set off that alarm.. umm doh yea sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread