What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
Rwb, good for you! At least someone in your family has their priorities straight. :headbang::headbang::rickroll:

Well it took a bit, but Bella has decided I'm someone worth wagging her tail furiously for and becoming a PIA any time her tongue gets close to my face. That little girl is a licking fool. I think the secret was rubbing her belly and titties. Now the first thing she does if she's laying down is flip over and spread her legs. I swear, women could learn a lot from their canine counterparts. I know we men emulate our counterparts, at least some of the time. :lol::toast:

I'm anxiously watching the shipping now. This was kinda a feeler order. I'm not really quite sure what I like aside from General Mint and Original, so I got just about one of everything so I can nail down a few rolls next time there's a good sale on something that strikes my fancy.

It's been $1.99 around here for the last couple of months. I have over two rolls of original and close to two rolls of the mint in the freezer now. But I'm running low on the higher nic stuff from our last big order. Northerner keeps sending me 15% off coupons but their selection sucks so I'm going to start watching the other sites for some good deals.

I'm constantly tempted by Northerner myself. Does anyone know anything about or have you tried the Zyn Nt stuff they carry? Non-tobacco nicotine pouches in lots of fun flavours. I'm extremely tempted.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Sorry to hear about the flooding FC, it creates such a mess. I saw some of the coverage, it looks ugly. We get a lot of flooding around here when the torrential type rains fall but I'm fortunate enough to live on high ground. The biggest issue when we have flooding is finding a way out. I've got one road that I've never seen get closed. It has the potential, but has never gotten that bad.

Can't help you Rwb, know nothing about the stuff you're looking at.

Reactions: firechick

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Me either Rwb. I've used Northener in the past with success. At one time they had a warehouse in the US and they had quite a selection of good Swedish snus. Then, and I believe it was because of lack of demand, they closed that and only offered snus straight from Sweden. Recently they reopened the US warehouse but severely limited what they carry and no longer offer most brands of Swedish snus to US customers. Why? I have no idea but I quit using them and now use snuscentral or Buysnus when I need something other than General.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I agree Hitt, Northern has done just about everything wrong since taking over the warehouse in Bethlehem from whoever owned it before. They currently don't even have Mint and the price is over $4 a can when they have it.

The Lemon sounds interesting but the General smokey oak even sounds more interesting. How is that Waho? I've been having Bacardi Oakheart and Coke lately and really like it. Wonder if the smokey oak would be to my liking.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Waho, I agree about the the thunder lemon. I thought it was awful. It tastes like thunder frosted with a little lemon added.

Roth, I just found out myself that northerner is out of mint. I haven't been able to find a good deal locally so I was considering ordering some from them with the current discount code but it's out of stock.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I agree Hitt, Northern has done just about everything wrong since taking over the warehouse in Bethlehem from whoever owned it before. They currently don't even have Mint and the price is over $4 a can when they have it.

The Lemon sounds interesting but the General smokey oak even sounds more interesting. How is that Waho? I've been having Bacardi Oakheart and Coke lately and really like it. Wonder if the smokey oak would be to my liking.
    I've been really enjoying it being semi burnt out on mint. It smells a lot like a General Original with the bergamot note, but it has a roasty/smokey/woody character on top that pushes the bergamot to the background. It has enough nic to make me sneeze a few times and has a good nic hit like a strong portion in my experience. They only drawbacks I've found is that it tends to be very drippy like Grov or Ettan portions if you don't like drip, and the flavor only holds for about an hour. It's an oddball that I actually liked better in the bottom lip, and paired well with strong black coffee.

Definitely worth a try if you like the original. It's not something I would buy a roll of, but I probably will toss a few more cans in with my next order. I've been wanting to grab a couple cans of the sommarsnus for years but the timing is never right. I just stocked up on mint at 1.99 and bought 5 cans of wintergreen too.

vape
    Coffee

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    I've been looking at that lab lemon. Is it more pucker up sour legitimate lemon or candy sweet lemon?

The thunder lemon has this weird thing like the thunder frosted I just don't like.

General smokey oak
    Water

The lemon is very, very subtle. Not sweet at all, almost like a thin strip of lemon zest floating in a vodka tonic. It's so subtle that I almost think I only smell it and don't taste it. Great white portion though, although perhaps too mellow for some.

Reactions: Waho

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Your comment about the subtle taste of the lemon and how you almost feel you smell it rather than taste it reminded me of something I read recently about vaping. They wrote that if you hold your nose while vaping, you won't taste much of anything.

I found it curious and tried. They were right.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Snus of the day was Skruf Tranbar White. This is the cranberry white portion.

Sizable portions, nothing slim or mini here. Nice soft material, seems even softer then the typical Swedish Match fare. My first experience with Skruf period, and I'm pretty pleased. The cranberry, while aromatic, is also very evident in the mouth. It's not too forward, and not subtle either. Not sweet but perhaps a tiny bit artificial tasting. I still like it for a change. It makes me think I'd enjoy the Skruf Original White. There is a bit of bergamot, but it's not very forward.

Overall not too shabby, I might give it a 3.5 out of 5. It won't become my go to but it was nice for something different.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Your comment about the subtle taste of the lemon and how you almost feel you smell it rather than taste it reminded me of something I read recently about vaping. They wrote that if you hold your nose while vaping, you won't taste much of anything.

I found it curious and tried. They were right.
    That is curious. I always found that exhaling through my nose gave me a much better sense of how something tasted than just exhaling out of my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread