What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
This has been going on for a week or so and I'm not sure why. I don't really feel like I'm extra stressed or anything. I was just thinking before I sat down and got on the forum that I could use a couple pinches.

if it's any consolation, after all the bad crap i've been addicted to over the years,stupid cigarettes are the one thing that still draws me in. it's a semi daily battle that i reckon will probably go on untill i get old and start drinking and smoking again ( if i make it to 70, you better believe i'm gonna get a pack of pall malls and a jug of good whiskey the size of my head on my birthday).Gotta have something to look forward to :)
seriously though man, one day at a time.... one day at a time.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
I've wondered before if I'd go back to smoking when I get old. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in over a year.

i haven't had any booze whatsoever since the whole "near death experience" a few years ago but, you figure, if you make it to old geezer territory, what good is it if you can't smoke cigarettes and be a belligerent drunk while you poop in a diaper and run kids out of your yard with a cane?

Reactions: hittman

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
Know anyone that likes rose gold and has big hands?

was looking for good joke picture material of amazon women as a come back for this and ran across something crazy.
I don't really follow wrestling but it seems there may be a female wrestler that calls herself "isis the amazon"? she's 6 foot 9 !!!! all her pictures next to normal people look photoshopped....
7952da1bd2afed076445c22fcdcc347d.jpg

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
That's the Gutter I know. ;) I'm right there with you. I haven't had a drink now in 6 hours! :w00t: However, since I nearly qualify as an old geezer in both your ways of thinking, I'm allowed that excess. Can't see wanting even a drag on a cigarette even when/if I ever reach geezer status. When you're approaching 69, that would be somewhere around 90, you'll see. I learned the hazards of drinking at the tender age of 23 or 24. One too many hangovers taught me pace and limits. Since then, I have trained well for over 40 years, a true professional.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I am really distancing the "grind" after 13 years, but I know it sucked although today would have been a good one. I stopped taking week vacations and made holidays 4 or 5 days off.
We had also wend from a five day to a 4 1/2 day week in the summer so I was able to basically work four days all summer. Even with that, it's much better not having to deal with it anymore.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I second that.

We got news a few days ago that GM is moving light duty truck production from an assembly line in Mexico and giving that volume to us in Flint. Thumbs up for American jobs!

And then news we have 42 scheduled Saturday's next year. Goodbye life, nice knowing ya :(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah, it made summers much more bearable. I hear of a lot of people today that have 10 hour shifts and three off. The only thing about that though is they don't seem to have consistent days on and off. Sometimes their days off are during the week, others during the weekend. I never bothered to ask why it was that way, but talking about it now has me curious.

Then there is the case of the fellows that live on either side of me. They work double and sometimes triple shifts. Both work for Merck, one the second shift (after years on third), the other third. They make some serious money when they get those long days though.
Then there's the other side of it. They have a shut down for the month of July for some reason. Don't know if they can collect unemployment during it, but talk about a long vacation.

Waho, that's good news that work is coming back home but it sounds like it's going to be a long year next year.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
That's the Gutter I know. ;) I'm right there with you. I haven't had a drink now in 6 hours! :w00t: However, since I nearly qualify as an old geezer in both your ways of thinking, I'm allowed that excess. Can't see wanting even a drag on a cigarette even when/if I ever reach geezer status. When you're approaching 69, that would be somewhere around 90, you'll see. I learned the hazards of drinking at the tender age of 23 or 24. One too many hangovers taught me pace and limits. Since then, I have trained well for over 40 years, a true professional.

hahahahaha.
the way i figure, if you're older than old enough to get social security, you're a geezer.of course, there's the odd ones of us who seem to have been born geezers but, i digress..

my pace and limits were pert near non-existent there for a while.the pace seemed to be as fast as i could get it in and the limit tended to be about a liter a day, of course depending back on how fast a pace i was on that day.untill my sissy liver gave up the ghost.
ehem..
at any rate - the cigarette thing is mostly just a symbol for hitting the age of unbridled excess whilst i run screaming down that hill towards the cemetary.i never thought i'd make it to 30 much less 60, so i figure everything after that is all gravy.i say you live it up and go out tweaking,copulating,hallucinating and flaming while holding cigarettes and booze in both hands. just gotta hit that personal jumping off point first.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread