What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
It should, hopefully FC. I got everything prepared better than ever before.

I went out this AM and fixed the pad I installed a couple years ago. The self setting screw was un-setting so I tightened it down. Fired up the machine and turned it around so I can just fire it up in the AM and run straight out of the garage. Then I pulled the battery out of the tractor and charged it up, just in case the electric goes out and I've got to go to generator.

The during the day I filled up the firewood bin in the LR and brought in an extra cart just in case. Between in the house and right outside on the porch I have at least 4 days of wood to keep the house warm.

I made a change, for the first time, in my snowblowing plans. I took three of the four cars down the lane, within 20 yards of the end, pulled them as far right as possible and put the wipers up so they didn't get frozen. I should be able to clear the whole upper area, plow the snow away from the drivers doors, push the snow off the cars then and right into the woods. If this works as I've envisioned, it will work much better than previous snows.

It better be. Snow's supposed to start in an hour and it looks like we'll have a couple inches by then.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
All for naught. They're still showing our area getting 19-25 inches but at this point I don't want more than snow at this point. I'm looking at maybe 3 inches of wet snow buried under a sleety/rainy mess right not. I'm actually hopping it doesn't change to snow now as that would just compound the problem.

A friend on Facebook that lives maybe 15 miles of me already has a foot of snow.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Only thing I fear with my little single stage, wet, heavy snow. I hope your repair job holds up under the extra stress Roth. So glad that front missed us for the most part. Maybe an inch or so of snow and most was gone by the time I got up this morning. But man did it get cold, 15 degrees this morning with a stiff breeze made it about 5 with the wind chill. Time for this crap to move on and spring to get moving.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Everything worked out perfectly and those pads I added a couple years ago. As heavy as the snow was, the blower ate it up. Before adding the pads to the impellor, this stuff would have been coming out in ice bricks like it had done in the past. Took about an hour to clean the dive up. It's flurrying again, but I think the worst is behind us.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
It's still snowing here. They say another 10 or so before it stops. I broke a shear pin in the new snowblower. I would rather have used the old one, but I couldnt get it started. We will have to clear the drives again in the morning and probably again later tomorrow because of the wind.
I'm glad you aren't getting as much as they were calling for, roth.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah FC, I saw you were getting hit real hard. Our 18-35 which they kept insisting we would get all day turned out to about six inches of snow topped off with 12-29 inches worth of snow compressed into 3 inches of slushy goop. Not fun to shovel but blew well. Hope this is it for the Winter season.

Reactions: hittman

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Just don't do like I did the first year I got my new one and forget to winterize it. I had to put a carburetor on a snowthrower with about six hours of use on it.
I actually had to put gas in the new one. He ran it when he first got it to check it out, then he drained it. We're pretty good about PMing our motorized stuff. As for snuff.......its been single digits and teens up here so noses are runnin without the help. [emoji15]

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
All I can say is WOW. The first WOW is on order processing and delivery from FastTech. I ordered a Smok Alien on the 11th of March and received a shipping notice on the 13th. Ten days later it showed up in the mailbox, properly labelled "Electronic Gadget Replacement Electronic Parts. Second WOW came when I fired it up with the 4 coil TFV8 Baby Coil-X4 Coil Head tank.

Now, I had received my last order from Nicoticket of Passioncake before they shut their doors. I had never had that flavor and I could only get it in 12mg so it is a lot stronger than I'm used to going between 0-6mg, depending on the mood. However, I set that baby at my normal 90 Watts and I hit my third WOW. My mouth filled up with vapor so quickly the minute I pushed the button. The flavor was amazing but there is no way I was vaping that hot.

I finally settled at 35 Watts. How anyone hits that thing at 200w is beyond me. I haven't bought a new toy for awhile and I'm happy this one struck my fancy.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That sounds like a nice mod. I just won a tfv12 on the contest. It's a cloud machine. I'm not really into that. I've got a friend that I think wants it. I've been trying a lot of different tanks lately. I recently got an engine nano and an engine mini. They are pretty good tanks. My merlin tanks started seeping really bad underneath so those are retired for now.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm sure this could be a cloud machine if I wanted but I'd need to be vaping 0 nic for sure and pumping up the wattage. I like getting that quick hit and putting it down.

I've been using a Griffin for months. It has a habit of taking a leak from the bottom every once in a while. Haven't figured out why though. If I take it off, clean the liquid away and put it back on, it's fine for days on end, then it leaks again. Either that or it leaks very, very slowly until there's nowhere to leak to and makes an appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread