What's Wrong With This Ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Don't know if @kathi17 wants or needs any help with this:

Schools telling kids that vaping is worse than smoking

I thought I'd share it here though, as an alert. We're getting sucker punched from every angle and hit below the belt so stay alert on every front and strike back with THE FACTS and THE TRUTH!

Vapers Unite!
:cool: Von vape :cool:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
vape" data-source="post: 18160417" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Von vape said:
Don't know if @kathi17 wants or needs any help with this:

Schools telling kids that vaping is worse than smoking

I thought I'd share it here though, as an alert. We're getting sucker punched from every angle and hit below the belt so stay alert on every front and strike back with THE FACTS and THE TRUTH!

Vapers Unite!
:cool: Von vape :cool:
that's horrible......but not surprised. My son is 31 and when he was in middle school he was being told that cigs were just like "other stuff"

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Well, good news/bad news.
Bad news, the online version of the People's Paper is not the same as the hard copy picked up on the 15th. while we were out and about. :confused:
The good news, one of the two articles I submitted was published. :)
The bad news, it wasn't the article in regard to the ad. :(
The good news, the article in regard to the ad will be published in next month's edition. :thumbs:

The editor explained that he hadn't expected so many submissions last month and although he had asked me to write a "personal experience" article, he was unable to publish both articles and went with the "personal experience" article instead of the article this thread is based on. In hindsight, he feels he should have run that article first but this edition was difficult to organize with the space available and so many different interests involved.

In the interest of staying on topic with this thread, I will not post the "personal experience" article. I will say, however, that the same organizations posted another "Protect The Children" ad in this months edition and I have already composed another response to it. Unfortunately, during my discussion with the editor, I was told that he could not publish two articles by the same submitter in a single edition. Maybe I can get a local friend to submit it. ;) Regardless, I'm not giving up! I'm going to continue to respond with truth and facts to expose every lie.

The local vape shop also posted an ad different than the online version that simply states, "Vaping is 95% safer than smoking" and credits the RCP report. I may have to correct them on that too. ;) As most of you know, the report actually states, "The hazard to health arising from long-term vapour inhalation from the e-cigarettes available today is unlikely to exceed 5% of the harm from smoking tobacco." meaning it is AT LEAST 95% SAFER. (I'm sure the LVS was just playing it safe though)

Vapers Unite!
:cool: Von Vape :cool:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I hope the local vape shop knows to take that down on 8/8. As of then, the FDA will not allow health claims to be made without approval, unless clinical studies are first submitted to support the claim, and they approve the ad copy. And yes, something stating anything like that on a retail website would be considered advertising and a health claim. Even if it's just a direct quote.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Eskie, yes, I'm sure they are PAINFULLY aware. ;) :-x

Still doesn't preclude me (or anybody else) as a private citizen to state that publicly though, as a quote, of course. ;) :) The truth can not be killed!

Vapers Unite!

As a private person you are fully protected in your right to free speech. It does not apply to commercial transactions. Which is why it will be even more important after that date for us private people to speak up, because the industry will officially be muzzled.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
None of it really is bad news at least he'll post the other one next month, and it might be good that he posted the personal experience one first. It gives readers a chance to sorta get to know you. Then when they see the other one, they'll be more interested perhaps.

I'd love to read your personal experience one, and with this being in general vaping discussion and being your thread, it wouldn't be out of line to post it. If you choose not to, would you pm it to me please......or email. thanks hun!
Love all your efforts!!

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
UPDATE!
7/26/16
The current issue (Mid July - Mid August 2016) is now viewable on line @ this link:
The People's Paper July 2016
Take note of the "new ads" on the front page, top right. Spoiler alert, the ANTZ are at it again, "Protect the children!" "Big Tobacco is PREYING on them!"
My personal experience article is on page 5-6 (Health & Community) and is titled, "If I had To Explain It, Would You Understand". It's about mid page, right side. I hope you all enjoy it. :thumbs: ;)

I checked with the editor and was told that I can submit a review of the A Billion Lives U.S. premier in the "Make A Scene" section, dedicated to the arts and entertainment, without jeopardizing my original article running in the Political Commentary section as originally planned. He just can't place two submissions from the same person in the same issue of the actual "News" paper.

In related news, I have finally contacted every theatre statewide and asked them to show ABL. In addition, I wrote a personal story/personal feelings letter to Senator Ron Johnson and, realizing he is the Senator from Wisconsin, mentioned the ABL premier to him and suggested that he encourage his fellow Senators and Congressmen see the movie. If not at the Milwaukee premier, at least at some point in the near future.

Vapers Unite!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I checked with the editor and was told that I can submit a review of the A Billion Lives U.S. premier in the "Make A Scene" section, dedicated to the arts and entertainment, without jeopardizing my original article running in the Political Commentary section as originally planned. He just can't place two submissions from the same person in the same issue of the actual "News" paper.
Kewl!!! Also great you contacted Johnson! Hope he gets some folks to go! loved your personal experience article!

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Kewl!!! Also great you contacted Johnson! Hope he gets some folks to go! loved your personal experience article
I got an "E" from ABL yesterday that said Aaron also contacted Sen. Johnson and he WILL be attending the premier, so, YEAH!!!
I hope he drags along a bunch of other politicians. :thumb:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
UPDATE!
7/26/16
The current issue (Mid July - Mid August 2016) is now viewable on line @ this link:
The People's Paper July 2016
Take note of the "new ads" on the front page, top right. Spoiler alert, the ANTZ are at it again, "Protect the children!" "Big Tobacco is PREYING on them!"
My personal experience article is on page 5-6 (Health & Community) and is titled, "If I had To Explain It, Would You Understand". It's about mid page, right side. I hope you all enjoy it. :thumbs: ;)

In related news, I have finally contacted every theatre statewide and asked them to show ABL. In addition, I wrote a personal story/personal feelings letter to Senator Ron Johnson and, realizing he is the Senator from Wisconsin, mentioned the ABL premier to him and suggested that he encourage his fellow Senators and Congressmen see the movie. If not at the Milwaukee premier, at least at some point in the near future.

Vapers Unite!
Awesome article, Von! Many cudos to you dear friend! Can't wait to see the next one. Can you keep us posted about responses that they get?

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Awesome article, Von! Many cudos to you dear friend! Can't wait to see the next one. Can you keep us posted about responses that they get?
Thank you, Kenna.
Yes, I'll definitely keep everyone posted on responses , positive or negative. I'm sure there will be ANTZ all over these articles but I'll just keep responding with calm, level headed facts and the truth. It's a bit difficult because the paper is only a monthly publication. My hope is that eventually I'll get through to more and more people, particularly cigarette smokers who are being scared away from vaping. That's the truly tragic part to me. The ANTZ are going to be ANTZ because they've "decided to" but to intentionally mislead people and basically sentence them to death, for the love of money and to maintain the status quo, is completely disgusting.

Everyone of "us" needs to talk to every smoker we see and help them to understand that they can take control of their own lives and health. That vaping IS much safer than smoking tobacco and they do have a choice in the matter. I'm not saying we should be anti smoking Nazis. Most of us smoked for years before we were able to take control of our own lives and health so being a tobacco ANT is pretty hypocritical. Just spread the truth and the facts. It's their choice to take it from there but at least they may realize that they HAVE a choice.

Vapers Unite!

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Update 8/8/16

"Composite" ABL film review submitted to The Peoples Paper and accepted. The review will appear in the "Make A Scene" section and will not conflict with the ad rebuttal article in the general "News & Political Commentary" section of the paper. That's two PRO-Vaping posts in one edition, yeah!

An interesting side note to my conversation confirming my submissions is that you may have noticed last month's article was directly below the Lung Association's anti-smoking article, "Time For Alaska To Heed Surgeon General's .... Well, it turns out the paper got a call from them asking them to please NOT run pro-vaping articles right next to their articles. (!!!) My thought was, "Wait a minute, they are trying to tell you how to run YOUR newspaper?!" The folks at the paper told them, "We'll keep it in mind for future reference......."

I only mention this to point out what we're up against. It's not enough that they are lying to the general public to protect the status quo, they are even trying to coheres the media into doing things "their way". They don't want a fair and balanced playing field because they know, on those grounds, they CAN'T win.

Vapers Unite!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Update 8/8/16

"Composite" ABL film review submitted to The Peoples Paper and accepted. The review will appear in the "Make A Scene" section and will not conflict with the ad rebuttal article in the general "News & Political Commentary" section of the paper. That's two PRO-Vaping posts in one edition, yeah!

An interesting side note to my conversation confirming my submissions is that you may have noticed last month's article was directly below the Lung Association's anti-smoking article, "Time For Alaska To Heed Surgeon General's .... Well, it turns out the paper got a call from them asking them to please NOT run pro-vaping articles right next to their articles. (!!!) My thought was, "Wait a minute, they are trying to tell you how to run YOUR newspaper?!" The folks at the paper told them, "We'll keep it in mind for future reference......."

I only mention this to point out what we're up against. It's not enough that they are lying to the general public to protect the status quo, they are even trying to coheres the media into doing things "their way". They don't want a fair and balanced playing field because they know, on those grounds, they CAN'T win.

Vapers Unite!
Good job, Von! Stand your ground!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Update 8/8/16

Vapers Unite!
yay!!! Can't wait to see this one! As to the LA's wish to not have pro vaping articles next to theirs........the vape shop that paid for their ad, didn't want an anti vaping ad next to his either!!! So stuff it!!! lol If the editor changes anything for the Lung Assoc. he better change it for the vape shop. Although I do realize that was likely a one off. Unless ya wanna write one each month :sneaky: I'll help :D I wouldn't be surprised if the Editor did that on purpose just to make up for the anti vape ad that has been next to the B&Ms ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread