Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
what’s a tootle puffer? Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | aspire blog

“tootle puffers” came from the itty bitty mods thread on ECF. The sub ohmers looking for 100watt + mods to run high wattage for clouds and such called those of us who run low watts (10-15 or less), using toppers like protanks, T3s, non-sub ohm tanks (including Kayfuns and the like building around 2 ohm coils) looking for small size and battery life only “low wattage tight draw tootle puffers”.

Ohhhh...wellll...ya better tell @Katdarling her Blog is wrong so she can fix it :)

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
what’s a tootle puffer? Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | aspire blog

“tootle puffers” came from the itty bitty mods thread on ECF. The sub ohmers looking for 100watt + mods to run high wattage for clouds and such called those of us who run low watts (10-15 or less), using toppers like protanks, T3s, non-sub ohm tanks (including Kayfuns and the like building around 2 ohm coils) looking for small size and battery life only “low wattage tight draw tootle puffers”.
well I run 12 watts on a subtank with 1.73 ohm coil ( 8 turns#28 kenthal 3mm diameter) definitely not a tight draw. does that disqualify me from being a "tootle puffer" ? guess i'm just a boring garden variety vaper :lol:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
what changed in the vaping world that might have cause such a huge increase in indoor vaping bans in these later years
Couldn't possibly have been the increase in popularity of vaping in general, or the very public push for regulation by the FDA, or public health agencies worldwide singling vaping out as a major health hazard. Had to be the cloud chasers. Got it.

We're all vapers, we need everyone if we're going to win anything. Courtesy towards others should be a given, it isn't, but that has little to do with vaping.

Non smokers vaping isn't the problem.
Cloud chasers aren't the problem.
Tootle puffers aren't the problem.

For various reasons, mostly financial, some very powerful people don't like vaping, in any form. That is the problem. The rest are just excuses to hide the true motivation.

You want the public to support a vaping ban, tell them second hand vapor will kill them, show a video of cloud chasers fogging up a room. I bet you that person will look at a tootle puffer vaping indoors with the same hatred as they would a cloud chaser.

Side note: one understandable source of frustration in the non high powered vaping group is the lack of new low powered vaping gear, or the end of life cycle for older gear. If all I used was carto tanks, I'd be upset that I couldn't easily find my cartos of choice.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
It does go both ways.

Personally I could care less if someone wants to be a cloud chaser but I don't particularly want to have someone clouding up a restaurant where I am trying to enjoy my meal or in a store where I am shopping. I admit to being old fashioned and still believe there is a time and place for everything, in being considerate towards others and no one else has to agree with that.

In 2012-2013 almost 60% of American adults felt vaping indoors, including restaurants, was ok.
In 2014-2015 that dropped to less than 30% of American adults felt vaping indoors, including restaurants, was ok.

Do I wish vaping as a whole remained on the low key path to becoming mainstream acceptable harm reduction for smokers....yes....but that is not the way it played out.

Reactions: MudVaper

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I must say. PC > Mac in every way. I have not found one way yet that a Mac can out perform a PC. Last I checked, about a year ago. Mac could not even run an SSD. They can not support full PCI Express 3.0 lanes either. Such as PC being about to push over 16 with no problem. And when it comes to GPU's Mac is not even in the same ball park.

Personally I'll use whatever fits my needs. With that said, 2 years ago I was shopping for a new laptop. I surprised myself by getting a MPB. Higher resolution than any of the Minisquish powered offerings, standard PCIe SSD and +10hr battery life that the MS machines at the time could only dream of. An added bonus is not drinking the MS cool aid. (I have OpenOffice loaded on it)

After +24yrs of being stuck with Minisquich offerings I have one system that is completely free of MS software.

Don't drink the coolaid - don't succumb to MS products.
    (like their poor excuse for a phone was an actual viable product)

- cut my teeth programming on a teletype writer

Reactions: Vaslovik

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    FYI...First 'Tootle Puff' usage :

Joyetech Delta II SUB-ohm

From Kat's Blog :
    The first ever Tootle Puffer post! Yaay! Thanks, Croak! | E-Cigarette Forum

Now...settle down or go to your rooms !

:D
    image.jpg

image.jpg

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2015
    I've actually seen mostly cloud chasers or (non-tootle puffers) give you good advice.

Being crass on a forum is a far cry from blowing clouds in peoples faces, and on every forum on the net, you will find jerks, not just cloud chasers.

I agree. The vast, vast majority have been excellent, regardless of their level of cloud.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Tootle puffers got vaping banned pretty much everywhere in NY years ago. About 5-6 or so, not sure I wasn't paying much attention as I'd rather take my chances with cigarettes then tootle puffing.

Now many in NY want to rewrite history and blame cloud chasers. What was the hot rod five years ago a Provape 1??

I chase clouds to not smoke. 100% time proven fact that toole puffing does nothing at all to help me quit smoking. Cloud chasing ended a decades long habit on day one.

I don't really mind the whining (and whining and whining................) against clouds chaser on the innernet. In person I wouldn't stand for it. Not thats its a problem, I haven't seen anyone using old school TP gear in prolly a year or so. For example I have never seen a Provari in the wild even once and I've seen a couple dozen RX200's just in the past couple weeks.

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    And I think that is what it really comes down to. I think that Mac's are better for people who do not know what they are doing. I can not stand to use them. My uncle has always had them at his house. As I kid I HATED trying to use them. And it does seem like people who do not know a lot about computers tend to like mac's more.

It really may just be what I grew up on. And so I get it more.

Not to detract from the overall Mac vs PC argument, but using Mac in graphics related industries is just a given.

I have heard this. But when I look at the hardware I can not understand why. I know that a lot of Video game Desinge is done on PC. Simply from watching videos of them working on the game and talking about it and they are always working with a PC. I know playing them works best on PC too =) Because PC MASTER RACE!! lol

Vector graphics.

As far as video games, you are comparing work done on large servers compared to advertising or publishing type work done at a single, independent work station.
    As far as video games and high-end animation work goes, I'm willing to bet that if you research more that you'll find that a lot of it is being done on Silicon Graphics machines running some flavor of *nix, not Macs or Windows boxes. Why? Because performance.

At work, yes, it's vector-based stuff - 80% of my time is in Illustrator, the rest is InDesign. (Well, that and waiting for files to RIP. ;) ) The platform and the apps work for the intended use, rather well. We're actually resisting corporate IT policy for using standardized system images because they've hobbled the system so badly that it's actually harder to get work done on them.

Again, I'm not some "brainwashed" Mac user who thinks it the be-all end-all of computers; I've worked with all of them, built PC's, run and supported Windows, Mac and Linux servers; I know my way around a Terminal interface to get stuff done. I have two servers right here in my office running Ubuntu for file serving and media server use. I'm comfortable with the choice of platform(s) I made. So are you. Live and let live. I just ask that you don't lump all Mac users into some "brainwashed" category, because we're not. Fair enough? :)

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I have felt very belittled on this forum by cloud chasers when I have posted looking for advice. They tend to put a lot of smileys after the veiled insults, but they are there.

I should also point out that not every cloud chaser has acted that way, but quite a few.
    Most of the cloud chasers have been friendly to me but I tend to joke with them. I like to go ask them what Nic they vape at and when they say 3 or 6 mg, I tootle puff my Triton Mini or Kabuki clone at 8.5 W, blow a really small cloud and say "24 mg, cowboy vaping, man up guys!" ;)

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Dear vapers we will no longer tax nor regulate vaping as long as everyone is a tootle puffer. Yep when you read it out loud sounds even more ridiculous than in text.
    Oh once they tax juice at 25 to 50 cents a ml, cloud chasing juice guzzlers will be a thing of the past ;)

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    As far as video games and high-end animation work goes, I'm willing to bet that if you research more that you'll find that a lot of it is being done on Silicon Graphics machines running some flavor of *nix, not Macs or Windows boxes. Why? Because performance.

That would have been in the 90's, Silicon Graphics workstations running Irix.

Now it's HP Z workstations running Linux.

cmoG

Jan 30, 2016
    I've yet to see any visible hate for clouds, but from people who don't like vaping period. I'm a cloud chaser, but only because I enjoy it as a hobby & at times, compete & clown with other cloud chasers. I normally keep my clouds to myself though, unless it's coming out of my car, or I take a couple of puffs before entering a public place.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Tootle puffers got vaping banned pretty much everywhere in NY years ago. About 5-6 or so, not sure I wasn't paying much attention as I'd rather take my chances with cigarettes then tootle puffing.

Now many in NY want to rewrite history and blame cloud chasers. What was the hot rod five years ago a Provape 1??

I chase clouds to not smoke. 100% time proven fact that toole puffing does nothing at all to help me quit smoking. Cloud chasing ended a decades long habit on day one.

I don't really mind the whining (and whining and whining................) against clouds chaser on the innernet. In person I wouldn't stand for it. Not thats its a problem, I haven't seen anyone using old school TP gear in prolly a year or so. For example I have never seen a Provari in the wild even once and I've seen a couple dozen RX200's just in the past couple weeks.

NYC - effective 2014
    NYS - effective 2016(?)

Where you getting 5-6 years? o_O

Guessing if the Detail fits the Tale........

Sadly read as - LOOKS to much like smoking.....Good reasoning :rolleyes:
    and Clean Air:blink:

NYC Council Bans Public Vaping Because It Looks Too Much Like Smoking

That was quick: NY State moves to ban e-cigarettes indoors

Reactions: YoursTruli
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread