f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
NYC - effective 2014
NYS - effective 2016(?)

Where you getting 5-6 years? o_O

Guessing if the Detail fits the Tale........

Sadly read as - LOOKS to much like smoking.....Good reasoning :rolleyes:
and Clean Air:blink:

NYC Council Bans Public Vaping Because It Looks Too Much Like Smoking

That was quick: NY State moves to ban e-cigarettes indoors
What happen to the good ole days

being-miserable-and-treating-other-52650-5326.jpg

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Oh I don't know about that. I'm on my second Mac Mini and I love it. It cost me $600 two years ago, and it's just keeps on chugging without all the problems I had with Windows. I will say that I just totally loved Windows XP, until they stopped supporting it and "improved" it. I can't deal with what Windows is now at all. My Mac just works, without the self-fouling registry and all the security vulnerabilities. Theres a reason all the hackers and script kiddies cut their teeth on Windows.
just to put the "security vulnerabilities" myth to rest.....Apple products are no more immune to hacks and virus attacks then PC.....the ONLY reason you see it more in PC, is due to market share...more PC's, mean more focus. ;)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
well
where do you think the term "Tootle Puffer" came from... and it was not said in a nice kind manner as to not offend... the only reason it changed from a derogatory term is because those who choose that vaping style embraced it (thank you Katdarling) instead of letting it remain as negative name calling, and that is a fact :)
um....the name Tootle Puffer, was never said in a mean manner....it started as a joke, and turned into a thing.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
what’s a tootle puffer? Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | aspire blog

“tootle puffers” came from the itty bitty mods thread on ECF. The sub ohmers looking for 100watt + mods to run high wattage for clouds and such called those of us who run low watts (10-15 or less), using toppers like protanks, T3s, non-sub ohm tanks (including Kayfuns and the like building around 2 ohm coils) looking for small size and battery life only “low wattage tight draw tootle puffers”.
we had the tootle puffer thing going on before the itty bitty mod thread came about

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Am i saying that you knew full well why some vapers/non vapers felt the way they did...absolutely. Do i think you conveniently glanced over those facts and played dumb to it and tried to misplace blame for the problem..absolutely.
If a cloud chaser wants to be respected then they need to respect others when they engage in cloud chasing....the problem is that is not happening in many cases. Do i have a problem with the act of cloud chasing, absolutely not, but i do have a problem with the disrespectful behavior displayed in public by the cloud chasing crowds.
ANd still you are trying to come at me with this crap. No, I did not lie, as I have said. Second, did you just refuse to answer the fact that only a handful of people seem to have seen the acts you are talking about? Everyone else, like me, has only ever seen anything about it online. So maybe it is not cloud chasers that are the problem. Maybe it is the people where you live. Or maybe it is your disposition. Either way. You have yet to provided a grounded logic to this.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
That underlined part is true for some people but I can tell you personally that a clearomizer would not have been enough for me to quit, I tried that route for three months and it wasn't until my first RDA and lower ohm build that I got the true satisfaction I needed to stave off the cigarettes for good. Yes, vaping was designed to help people quit smoking and that is a fact.

However If were going to go the route of undeniable truths/facts then lets look at cars, the car was coming in to use in the 1890's as transportation and transportation alone, there were no creature comforts other than a seat which wasn't even comfortable in most cases, roads didn't exist and anyone who had a car used it for one thing, transportation. Now today look at cars, they have dozens upon dozens of creature comforts, millions of dollars are spent every year to modify cars to look differently or perform better and faster or appeal to our personal taste. We have vehicles used strictly for pleasure which serve no purpose in transportation at all, millions of dollars every year are spent on recreational vehicles.

Looking at personal preferences I again use a car based comparison, so when I own a Corvette I would put heads/cam/long tube headers and exhaust on it but my neighbor may be satisfied with his entirely bone stock Corvette. Does that mean I'm wrong for wanting to modify mine? Does it give me the right to look down upon the person with a bone stock Corvette? Nope, we're all people and people have different preferences.

This is just like vaping to me, it has evolved over time and will continue to evolve to meet the demands of the market which obviously wants creature comforts and in many cases "more power" than the last model. Pretty soon the cartomizer will be akin to a hand-crank car from the pre-speedometer era and you will only find them in rare cases when saved by others.
Oh i agree with you 100%, everything around us is evolving and that's the natural way of all things.
What i'm trying to say, we are dancing on the edge with vaping these days, and while i don't mind who will do what, some people do. Putting it in a car retrospective, imagine that same corvette in 1890 running down the street and in the middle of intersection not being able to stop because the road is not adopted for such fast vehicle. And there she goes 120 mph, and in the intersection kills a horse together with the rider. It kills it because the road is gravel not an asphalt. And the road is such because noone thought it makes sense to put and asphalt down there. That's what's going on right now. The evolution has gone too far before the purpose was recognized...

Reactions: YoursTruli
The reason why "cloud chasers" are looked down on, is the same reason why "low ohm builds" are looked down on, which is the same reason why "tootle puffers" and "mod wompers" are looked down on.

Because some clown had an opinion and thought they could inflict injury to someone else so they spouted off. If you have any spine, then ignore all of these people.

Reactions: Mowgli
I don't hate cloud chasers at all, but I do hate it when they act like anything less (or higher ohm) isn't any good or won't help you quit smoking when on the forum.

Especially when folks new to vaping - who just want to quit smoking especially - get advised to go sub ohm right off the bat from a cigalike to a 200watter with double-post build so they can chuck clouds. Drives me nuts.

Some have implied I'm an immature or inferior vaper for not cloud chasing.

I'm an old lady for crying out loud.

I went sub ohm right off the bat b/c I choose to do so, and never looked back.

Reactions: Kprthevapr
I like vaping, a lot. I'm buying around $3k to $5k in vaping gear, nicotine and flavors btw now and May, 2016, and if I am not satisfied I'm going to keep right on buying. Whatever I make, 90% of it is going toward vaping due to rules the FDA may come out with.

These "rules," which we do not know what they may be are going to stifle something I like, so I'm buying a lot of boxes. I'm ordering custom hand made boxes to order and I'm buying one offs that are hard to get, and have been hard to get from all over the world. In all manner of form factor (parallel and serial) I'm buying 2 battery, 4 battery, 6 battery mech and box mod, regulated and unregulated.

A few clouds are going to be made. Vape On!

:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread