Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
OK let's get our head out of the gutter when we discuss APV's. Keep some of those comments to yourself and your own bedroom. Not on the forum. Thanks all.

This was intended to those referring to the look and style for certain pleasures. None include vaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platinum321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Atlantis
www.JonathansPhoto.com
Don't go there. I already got in trouble for EXACTLY that.

Use your imagination, people. You'll figure it out (silently exiting before the moderator catches me). Have fun!

LOL! Some folks just take themselves to serious I spose. Where is Chickenbock when we need him! Still have no idea what anyone is talking about....

Punkonjunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
green bay, wisconsin
I've dropped my vamo onto concrete about a dozen times.

If it does break, I'm sure I can fix it. If I can't, a new one is 30 bucks.

It doesn't pulse and hits advertised power and works great with the unstacked 18650s I slap into it.

I also don't buy into warranties. Having worked for a couple companies offering them, it's pretty much a straight scam. The cost of the war must always be a huge margin for the company or they won't offer it. it's all about perceived value versus real value. Hell, I work in remote support now, and we only offer a 14 day warr on reinfection, and we jump through some ....... hoops to verify that the original infection vector wasn't found, if they simply reinfected themselves, bam, pay me again and find a new ......... :p

But yeah, to each their own. Some people place a very high value on where the device is assembled. I'd be willing to bet that even if they are pressing the board in the USA in the provari, that the controllers or ICs or whatever are very likely still of chinese or asian manufacture. That's kind of par for the course.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Punkonjunk said:
Some people place a very high value on where the device is assembled. I'd be willing to bet that even if they are pressing the board in the USA in the provari, that the controllers or ICs or whatever are very likely still of chinese or asian manufacture. That's kind of par for the course.
For your information:

"Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this question here are some details:

"The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.
"

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html
___

"Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for our readers. Let’s get it to it then. ProVape designs and manufactures right here in the USA. Why did you decide to manufacture here instead of China where most eCig products are made?"

"There are two reasons. The first was that we wanted to make sure we had full control over the quality and production of the device. Chinese manufacturers are known for inconsistent quality. They often cut corners to save costs and send the customer defective goods.

The second reason was that we were tired of seeing manufacturing jobs sent overseas. We were in a position to do something about it, so we did. Lead by example. So, by producing everything here in the USA not only are we supporting US companies and American workers but we are also able to closely monitor production. This allows us to maintain a standard of building the best products available."
- Spinfuel interview with the ProVape Team.

The ProVape Team Interview | Spinfuel Magazine

Last edited:

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
For your information:

"Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this question here are some details:

"The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.
"

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html
___

"Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for our readers. Let’s get it to it then. ProVape designs and manufactures right here in the USA. Why did you decide to manufacture here instead of China where most eCig products are made?"

"There are two reasons. The first was that we wanted to make sure we had full control over the quality and production of the device. Chinese manufacturers are known for inconsistent quality. They often cut corners to save costs and send the customer defective goods. The second reason was that we were tired of seeing manufacturing jobs sent overseas. We were in a position to do something about it, so we did. Lead by example. So, by producing everything here in the USA not only are we supporting US companies and American workers but we are also able to closely monitor production. This allows us to maintain a standard of building the best products available."
- Spinfuel interview with the ProVape Team.

The ProVape Team Interview | Spinfuel Magazine

I still smile every time I read that.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I've dropped my vamo onto concrete about a dozen times.

If it does break, I'm sure I can fix it. If I can't, a new one is 30 bucks.

It doesn't pulse and hits advertised power and works great with the unstacked 18650s I slap into it.

I also don't buy into warranties. Having worked for a couple companies offering them, it's pretty much a straight scam. The cost of the war must always be a huge margin for the company or they won't offer it. it's all about perceived value versus real value. Hell, I work in remote support now, and we only offer a 14 day warr on reinfection, and we jump through some ....... hoops to verify that the original infection vector wasn't found, if they simply reinfected themselves, bam, pay me again and find a new ......... :p

But yeah, to each their own. Some people place a very high value on where the device is assembled. I'd be willing to bet that even if they are pressing the board in the USA in the provari, that the controllers or ICs or whatever are very likely still of chinese or asian manufacture. That's kind of par for the course.

Lol you know nothing about the vamo if you say it doesn't pulse

And provape gives you a one year warranty free. There's no profit margin on free.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chikenbok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
New York, NY
i have sent my provari back to get fixed outside of the warranty because i bought it used,,and it was fixed for free and sent back at no charge to me

I would truly love to see China do that !!

Even if they could... could you imagine the TURNAROUND ON THAT?! All my Vari's that got sent out came back within the same week. For Free.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I also don't buy into warranties. Having worked for a couple companies offering them, it's pretty much a straight scam.

I as the third owner of a Provari 2.0, way out of warranty
I had a persistent E5 error, shipped it for $15 (i live in Canada) back to them.
I was assuming that i was paying for a board replacement.

I received my Provari 4 days after they received it, fixed at no cost to me.... aside from me shipping it to them.

THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.
i have yet to see this kind of service from any other manufacture in any industry!

And before anyone cries shenanigans, i disclosed the information of how i purchased the Provari. As i sent it to them under the assumption i was paying for a board replacement.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I as the third owner of a Provari 2.0, way out of warranty
I had a persistent E5 error, shipped it for $15 (i live in Canada) back to them.
I was assuming that i was paying for a board replacement.

I received my Provari 4 days after they received it, fixed at no cost to me.... aside from me shipping it to them.

THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.
i have yet to see this kind of service from any other manufacture in any industry!

And before anyone cries shenanigans, i disclosed the information of how i purchased the Provari. As i sent it to them under the assumption i was paying for a board replacement.

Super T Manufacturing, Lifetime Warranty and even free polishing if somehow you manage to scratch up their stainless steel.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Too bad they only make mechanicals

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wasn't trying to draw a 1 on 1 comparison between the two, but he claimed "in any other manufacturer in any industry" and that was an example in the same industry. Plenty of companies offer great warranties for premium products. I would argue that Snap On tools has even better warranty and service considering their products, in normal usage are subjected to extreme stress. This does not in anyway take away from the great customer service provided by Provape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread