Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can assure you I won't, for much the same reason I won't buy a $60,000+ BMW that's slower than my $35,000 Mustang. When I buy something my highest priority is on performance, and for something to be worth 2-4X the cost it needs to perform 2-4X better than it's competition. The Provari simply doesn't (And yes I've used one).

Not sure what you're seeing in it that makes it worth the cost to you, but it surely isn't the performance of the device. Bling factor maybe, but it's definitely not the performance. For the same or less money I can get a DNA30 device that does everything your Provari does, several things your Provari will never do, and is every bit as solid and reliable.

The only thing the Provari does better is allow you to shove it in other peoples faces like a status symbol and say "look how great I am, I have a Provari." Much like my neighbor who drives a Lexus ES350 and thinks it's actually worth $7k more than the Toyota Avalon. (They are the exact same car)

Being interested ONLY in vape performance per dollar, I don't think you're Provape's target market.

You're clearly overlooking other aspects of these devices. The feel of the unit in your hand. The buttery smooth action of the threads which I appreciate every single day. The available accessories (beauty rings, Tatroe caps, etc.). Made in the USA, by an established company, with an excellent reputation for service. And sure, bling factor for some owners.

Related to performance: The Provari has a proven track record of taking abuse for years and still working properly. Newer devices are unproven in this regard.

Not worth it to you? As I said, please don't get one.

Maybe your neighbor likes seeing the word "Lexus" on his car every morning, better than the word "Toyota". And if he wants to pay $7K more for the privilege, big deal! It's no skin off your nose, bro.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
The only thing the Provari does better is allow you to shove it in other peoples faces like a status symbol and say "look how great I am, I have a Provari." Much like my neighbor who drives a Lexus ES350 and thinks it's actually worth $7k more than the Toyota Avalon. (They are the exact same car)

Oh PUHLEEZE. How completely obnoxious. Just because the Provari is not the mod FOR YOU doesn't mean it's not the right one for someone else. Seriously. Give it a rest please.

Edit: Wait, I have more to say. I drive a 10 year old Subaru Legacy GT. We also have an '04 WRX, an RX-7, an RX-8, a '70 'cuda, and a 1976 GMC Motorhome (the one with the Toronado front end and a 455). We buy almost exclusively Snap-on tools. We have 4 Provaris because they are workhorse, reliable mods that do exactly what we want from them.

My mom drives a Mustang GT too. She'll be 80 years old in October.

Last edited:

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
It keeps Consumer Reports in business don't it? :)

Completely Average, please try to stop being so negative in every thread. This is supposed to be a positive place to share information, not rip people/products. Not everyone is going to become a cloud chaser or RBA guru. The Provari, along with other countless battery devices have helped me stop smoking cigarettes. In that case, they're worth every dang dime. If I had it to do over, I would still buy a Provari.

Thank you for the honest and straight forward point of view.... that is more or less what I was looking for.

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
Oh PUHLEEZE. How completely obnoxious. Just because the Provari is not the mod FOR YOU doesn't mean it's not the right one for someone else. Seriously. Give it a rest please.

Edit: Wait, I have more to say. I drive a 10 year old Subaru Legacy GT. We also have an '04 WRX, an RX-7, an RX-8, a '70 'cuda, and a 1976 GMC Motorhome (the one with the Toronado front end and a 455). We buy almost exclusively Snap-on tools. We have 4 Provaris because they are workhorse, reliable mods that do exactly what we want from them.

My mom drives a Mustang GT too. She'll be 80 years old in October.

Collie, thanks for making me smile today...... that pretty much made my day.

It also provided me with some feedback that I needed, and summons it up pretty well. I could never buy 76 or a Cuda, and for that I would not hate on it, I would rather say "What a piece of awesome machinery", but I guess you were right.

I was only asking for some advise, and opinions, I still cannot understand why people hate a product so much that they come into a conversation and attempt to trash (being it one or the other side), it should be constructive, and helping others with what they looking for.

Having that said, again thanks for everybody putting their input into this threat and helping me making the correct choice for my needs. Thanks again and cool vapes everybody.

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
I read through most of the posts, and it looks like owners of the ProVari are happy with their purchases. I bought two, a regular and a Mini and am very happy with both. I am new to vaping, so was looking for something simple to use, but of good quality, and the ProVari fills both requirements. Besides....they are pretty.

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
I read through most of the posts, and it looks like owners of the ProVari are happy with their purchases. I bought two, a regular and a Mini and am very happy with both. I am new to vaping, so was looking for something simple to use, but of good quality, and the ProVari fills both requirements. Besides....they are pretty.

May I ask you where you bought yours at ? Was it online or in a walk-in-store?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
It's only slower in a straight line LOL not too many roads are perfectly straight LOL
My buddy bought a 2013 Shelby 660 hp sure it's fast in the quarter But it went soo slow around the Nürburgring they wouldn't even post the number How embarrassing is that! LOL

I can assure you I won't, for much the same reason I won't buy a $60,000+ BMW that's slower than my $35,000 Mustang. When I buy something my highest priority is on performance, and for something to be worth 2-4X the cost it needs to perform 2-4X better than it's competition. The Provari simply doesn't (And yes I've used one).

Not sure what you're seeing in it that makes it worth the cost to you, but it surely isn't the performance of the device. Bling factor maybe, but it's definitely not the performance. For the same or less money I can get a DNA30 device that does everything your Provari does, several things your Provari will never do, and is every bit as solid and reliable.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I pif'ed the OP my old Zmax v3 and turned him on to the Kayfun.

When his Zmax dies, or he gets tired of buying a couple of more mods in the next year or so, I think he'll decide for himself. ;)

I hope he doesn't try to do my ProVari dunk test with his Zmax, or he'll be buying a new mod a lot sooner than he thinks......

BTW...Buying from ProVape is always cheaper unless you get a used one from the classies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY

Yep. I love the pretty pink I got my mini in. There aren't that many quality vape products that come in pink. Sure, it seems petty to spend $200 for the color pink, but it was either that or spend $60 for my third MVP to get a pink Shine, and well, I already had two MVP's.... I have never heard from a person who was unhappy with their Provari, and when I do see someone on the forums who is unhappy with their purchase, I've seen Provape respond and help them.

As for the lack of variable wattage and other features, when Provape upgraded to the 2, they upgraded anyone who wanted to upgrade for a pretty reasonable price. It just involved upgrading the chip. I imagine it'll be the same if they move on to the 3. How many other companies with regulated devices will upgrade your chip for any price? Most will just make you buy another.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Collie, thanks for making me smile today...... that pretty much made my day.

It also provided me with some feedback that I needed, and summons it up pretty well. I could never buy 76 or a Cuda, and for that I would not hate on it, I would rather say "What a piece of awesome machinery", but I guess you were right.

I was only asking for some advise, and opinions, I still cannot understand why people hate a product so much that they come into a conversation and attempt to trash (being it one or the other side), it should be constructive, and helping others with what they looking for.

Having that said, again thanks for everybody putting their input into this threat and helping me making the correct choice for my needs. Thanks again and cool vapes everybody.

So, what exactly were your Needs? It'd be great to help you research them to find out.

p.opus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    I love my ProVari, just don't drop it too often. Grab a nice HH357 dripping atty and the ProVari shines.

Since I started with RDAs it's been gathering dust as I sub ohm. ProVari has no love for sub-ohm.

Love mine with a Kayfun. 10 watts is bliss for me. Not too cool not too hot...just right

p.opus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    I have one and I call it my high class multimeter. The build quality is great I just wish they would upgrade so... I might buy another but probably not until.

In all honesty, until this year, there really hasn't been a reason. VW alone is not enough. It's nice an all, but it's simply another way to adjust the output to the coil. Maybe you need less math, but most of us have little guide lines that make it simpler. (for me, setting voltage equal to resistance plus 2.5 gets me real close to 10 watts)

With the proliferation of dual coil attys and 20 Watt mods, now there is a reason to upgrade the device.

Don't expect a whole lot. many of us love the simplicity of the build and ruggedness and are unwilling to sacrifice any of that for frilly (fragile) oled screens or the like.

But if they could up the voltage regulator to handle 20 or 30 watts....well that would be something..... they already raised the amp limit from 2.5 to 3.5 when they went from the v1 to the v2. I see another one coming in the future...

Variable voltage and wattage are essentially the same thing. They are both measurements of power output.

Really? If they were the same thing, you wouldn't have seen the rush last year for devices to get variable wattage. In fact, all the new technology is based around wattage, not voltage. Yes, there's a tie in to voltage from wattage since power is work over time.

The problem with voltage is that's what it kicks out to the atomizer directly, whereas wattage pretty much corresponds to the heat/vapor the atomizer kicks out. There's a big difference between 4 volts to a 1.5Ohm atomizer and 4 volts to a 2.5Ohm atomizer. There's very little difference between 10 watts to a 1.5Ohm atomizer and a 2.5Ohm atomizer. Variable wattage is very much a set it and forget it option for most people.

I can toss a 1.3ohm build of an RDA on my Vamo and get more consistency with my 2.2Ohm Protank because it's variable wattage. I also have an iTaste VV 3.0 for work, and I hot swap tanks for different flavors. With a variable voltage only device, like the ProVari, I'd have to tune the voltage every swap.

Variable wattage is the way of the future. ProVari should have stepped up their game by now instead of just relying on their name and collector's edition color schemes. I've heard people compare ProVaris to BMWs, but that analogy breaks way down when you think about it. BMW actually designed and developed an automatic transmission rather than sitting back on their name and saying the standard transmission is essentionally the same thing as an automatic BUT CHECK OUT OUR NEW COLORS!

You can check out the results of my ProVari challenge.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...upid-am-i.html

Good luck doing this with any other VV/VW mod..... Just sayin....

Again, I can buy five vamos, four MVPs, etc. for the price of the Provari. So, I can do you one better.

Let's go out to the middle of the ocean. Me with my vamo and you with your ProVari. We'll throw them overboard and then see who is out the most money at the end of the contest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread