Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Turning a frown upside down hasn't often been the case when dealing with this mod, in this thread.

However, after a LONG and ARDUOUS path, my little black Seatbelt (ordered July 4, 2015) (4 july 2015 for kates ;) ) has returned to her forever home, and I am PLEASED!

So let's see.... someone help me out here (my abacus needs to be charged)... HOW many days is this? :lol:

It's been QUITE the journey for the lil black Seatbelt. 3 international flights and 3 domestic flights. He's certainly seen more of the sky than I ever have.

Hopefully, with all we've gone thru (ALL of us, not just DPL and me), this might bring a little smile to your face.

I know I'm sure grinning, BIG TIME!

Lookin' GOOD, KitKat! But you've got to keep your "brass" clean. ;):lol:

Last edited:

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Turning a frown upside down hasn't often been the case when dealing with this mod, in this thread.

However, after a LONG and ARDUOUS path, my little black Seatbelt (ordered July 4, 2015) (4 july 2015 for kates ;) ) has returned to her forever home, and I am PLEASED!

So let's see.... someone help me out here (my abacus needs to be charged)... HOW many days is this? :lol:

It's been QUITE the journey for the lil black Seatbelt. 3 international flights and 3 domestic flights. He's certainly seen more of the sky than I ever have.

Hopefully, with all we've gone thru (ALL of us, not just DPL and me), this might bring a little smile to your face.

I know I'm sure grinning, BIG TIME!

They look fantastic!! Just perfect with the Kabuki. I returned mine this morning (and they were very apologetic via email) and I am sure when I get it back it will look just as good and work properly! I have decided to chill & to put it out of my mind until it returns - my husband is the most laid back person in the world (I'm the most impatient) so over the last 31 years I have had loads of practice of accepting 'it will happen when it happens'. Any other mod I would have just cut my losses but I just so love the look of this one that hopefully the hassle will be worth it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They look fantastic!! Just perfect with the Kabuki. I returned mine this morning (and they were very apologetic via email) and I am sure when I get it back it will look just as good and work properly! I have decided to chill & to put it out of my mind until it returns - my husband is the most laid back person in the world (I'm the most impatient) so over the last 31 years I have had loads of practice of accepting 'it will happen when it happens'. Any other mod I would have just cut my losses but I just so love the look of this one that hopefully the hassle will be worth it.

They're extraordinary, kates - truly.

In fact, I'm wrestling HARD with the thought of letting one go now (even though I never intended to have two). The truth is it's likely that I won't (let one go).

High-watt vapers will find this hilarious, but it's my preferred setup for work. Between the 5ml capacity and the almost-absolute silence of operation (at 10-11w), I can actually take an unnoticed vape while on a call (which is a good portion of my day). And I'm the apparently rare/odd bird who still loves the way a Naughty vapes (it must be the name).

I truly hope & expect they will make things right for you. And when they do, it's amazing how quickly you'll come to realize exactly how marvelous a device it is. And I, for one, can't wait to hear your reaction. :).

I feel like we've all been on a long and interesting ride together. And I'm quite appreciative because having this place to banter, and exchange thoughts and ideas, might well have carried me through a time that would have been much worse without it.

So, here's you y'all. :toast:.

20151020_063855 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Help!!:(
Good news my xvo landed this morning - bad news I can't get it to recognise or fire an atty. When I put the battery in I get this which I assume means it is in normal mode (?):
View attachment 499217
and I've raised & lowered the 510 but even when it's wound right down I can't get anything to connect (tried a few different ones which all fire on my p3/ dani) - no error messages, the ohms stay at 0.09 (should be 1.8 - 2.3). I haven't used a DNA40 before so am I missing something really obvious...

It's a short-circuit, and easy to fix without opening the Xvostick. I have had this myself when using factory coils of a Subtank Mini, Goliath V2, and also in the past just with Evods and Protanks.

But you must understand why it happens:

The Xvostick has a fixed positive pin. They chose this, instead of spring connector, to make the mod completely liquid proof.

A fixed firing pin means, when using certain factory coils with peek insulators on e.g. Nautilus mini, Subtank mini, Ego Mega, etc. Because the Xvostick pin is not springy, when you screw your atty in too hard, the bottom pin of your atty will be forced up deeper into the peek insulator. If it's forced in too much, then the positive and negative wires on such attys then make contact with the atty-pin and you get a short.

The adjustable base of the Xvostick can help to alleviate this issue. You need to raise the adjustable base rather than screw it down tight. Then the Xvostick pin won't push your atty pin deeper.

I think Chels probably doesn't understand why his customers have this problem, because he is using rebuildable atomisers like his own Merkava which has a fixed positive pin itself. It won't get pushed into the peek-insulator like with these factory coils.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's a short-circuit, and easy to fix without opening the Xvostick. I have had this myself when using factory coils of a Subtank Mini, Goliath V2, and also in the past just with Evods and Protanks.

The Xvostick has a fixed positive pin. They chose this, instead of spring connector, to make the mod completely liquid proof.

A fixed firing pin means, when using certain factory coils with peek insulators on e.g. Nautilus mini, Subtank mini, Ego Mega, etc. Because the Xvostick pin is not springy, when you screw your atty in too hard, the bottom pin of your atty will be forced up deeper into the peek insulator. If it's forced in too much, then the positive and negative wires on such attys then make contact with the atty-pin and you get a short.

The adjustable base of the Xvostick can help to alleviate this issue. You need to raise the adjustable base rather than screw it down tight. Then the Xvostick pin won't push your atty pin deeper.

I think Chels probably doesn't understand why his customers have this problem, because he is using rebuildable atomisers like his own Merkava which has a fixed positive pin itself. It won't get pushed into the peek-insulator like with these factory coils.

This is excellent information, WiSK - thank you. I did try mine at multiple levels though, so I'm not 100% certain it will work to correct an issue. But it's certainly worth a try for anyone else, since it's better than sending it back.

Have you mentioned this to Chels? If not, I'm going to email him now (just in case).

And again, THANK YOU!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I will try to make some photos tonight of my Goliath in the Xvostick with just the base showing, and a disassembled factory coil, so you can see the place where the wires might be touching. Picture is worth a thousand words...

That's GREAT of you, and we appreciate the efforts. Future users especially. :)

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom

Thanks Wisk - I did try both raising and lowering plate - would this apply to a carto tank as well?

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Surprise, surprise, surprise!!! My Xvo arrived this morning. My mail delivery doesn’t arrive until late afternoon however it was delivered this morning. Apparently it needs to be delivered by noon and also required signature. It is as cute as a button — no pun intended. The button is not sticking nor is it rattling. It does have a low audio click but nothing major. My LG 2500mAh battery works and the battery cover screwed down perfectly. Tonight or tomorrow I am going to test charging it using the USB port. No marks or scratches so far.

Compared to my rDNA40, the Xvo is ever so slightly shorter. It was set to fahrenheit so I did not have to change this although this was not necessary. The temperature protection was on and since I am not using temperature sensing coils, I turned this feature off. The screen display is smaller than the rDNA. The “F” (fahrenheit) displays on my rDNA but not on the Xvo and could be a result of the smaller screen. All three of my 510 Kabuki make connection. The fire button is larger and protrudes out whereas as the rDNA40 is smaller and recessed. The up and down buttons are tiny in comparison and are positioned on the opposite sides. My fat fingers will need to adjust :) . I do not consider any of these things negatives and am pointing them out as a comparison to the rDNA40.

All in all, so far I am very happy. I will continue to use it to ensure nothing surfaces. I am lovin' it!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Thanks, kates. I'm sooooooooooo with you. I just adore the look of this device! Aside from all the issues, I feel as DPL, and would (will?) have a difficult time letting one go. But we shall see......

I'm glad to hear you're chilling now, after all the hassles. And we'll stick around as your support system/cheerleaders all the way up to and including the time you are vaping giddy with our little loved Xvostick!

They're extraordinary, kates - truly.

In fact, I'm wrestling HARD with the thought of letting one go now (even though I never intended to have two). The truth is it's likely that I won't (let one go).

High-watt vapers will find this hilarious, but it's my preferred setup for work. Between the 5ml capacity and the almost-absolute silence of operation (at 10-11w), I can actually take an unnoticed vape while on a call (which is a good portion of my day). And I'm the apparently rare/odd bird who still loves the way a Naughty vapes (it must be the name).

I truly hope & expect they will make things right for you. And when they do, it's amazing how quickly you'll come to realize exactly how marvelous a device it is. And I, for one, can't wait to hear your reaction. :).

I feel like we've all been on a long and interesting ride together. And I'm quite appreciative because having this place to banter, and exchange thoughts and ideas, might well have carried me through a time that would have been much worse without it.

So, here's you y'all. :toast:.

View attachment 500025

Back atcha, sweets! :party:

Thank YOU for creating this thread. It HAS been an interesting ride, fer sure fer sure. (oh, and yes, you definitely are an odd bird, but it comes with the territory ;))

I love my Naughties, too! Even odder than you, I love the Naughty Minis! So, I'm rare, odd, AND small. o_O

I will try to make some photos tonight of my Goliath in the Xvostick with just the base showing, and a disassembled factory coil, so you can see the place where the wires might be touching. Picture is worth a thousand words...

WiSK! GREAT info right here. I had never considered the fact that Mini was prolly not testing with pre-made factory coils! I hope he takes DPL's suggestion into consideration and regards this information. Thank you so much!

I'm looking forward to your thousand word pic. ;)

Surprise, surprise, surprise!!! My Xvo arrived this morning. My mail delivery doesn’t arrive until late afternoon however it was delivered this morning. Apparently it needs to be delivered by noon and also required signature. It is as cute as a button — no pun intended. The button is not sticking nor is it rattling. It does have a low audio click but nothing major. My LG 2500mAh battery works and the battery cover screwed down perfectly. Tonight or tomorrow I am going to test charging it using the USB port. No marks or scratches so far.

Compared to my rDNA40, the Xvo is ever so slightly shorter. It was set to fahrenheit so I did not have to change this although this was not necessary. The temperature protection was on and since I am not using temperature sensing coils, I turned this feature off. The screen display is smaller than the rDNA. The “F” (fahrenheit) displays on my rDNA but not on the Xvo and could be a result of the smaller screen. All three of my 510 Kabuki make connection. The fire button is larger and protrudes out whereas as the rDNA40 is smaller and recessed. The up and down buttons are tiny in comparison and are positioned on the opposite sides. My fat fingers will need to adjust :) . I do not consider any of these things negatives and am pointing them out as a comparison to the rDNA40.

All in all, so far I am very happy. I will continue to use it to ensure nothing surfaces. I am lovin' it!

Oh yippee YaaY Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, NotSo! Great write up about it, too.

Now where are YOUR pics of the new baby??? :D

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Kat ... Thanks for the info

I am a little confused here ... I understand that the authentic XvoStick is designed and manufactured by 'Chels' in Israel, and distributed through his company called 'Mini-Ecig'

Is this XvoStick being sold by VapinArt an authentic 'Chels / Mini-Ecig' XvoStick, or some kind of a clone?

If the VapinArt version is authentic, why would it have different colored buttons and battery cap than the original Chels XvoStick?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Don't quote me (welp, ok, you can quote me), but I believe that Chels from Mini-Ecig stopped producing the blue ones and/or the brass ones. (DPL or someone else, correct me if I don't have this precise.)

But the ones from VapinArt are abstolutely and definitely authentics. They buy them directly from Mini-Ecig.

Also, not to confuse the issue, but just as a mention, there ARE clones available now from at least 3 different sites. I'm not sure we've got anyone (yet) that has one of each.

VERY soon I will have two of the clownstix (the clones) that we ordered from 3F vapes. They have hit my little town, and should be delivered "soon". At that point, I'll be sending one to DPL, and then we will both do what we can to do a little compare and contrast with them.

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Thanks Wisk - I did try both raising and lowering plate - would this apply to a carto tank as well?

So I did an experiment. I wrapped a 29 AWG wire 7 times to make a 1.8 ohm coil. Using an Evod coil which has a squishy peek insulator.

I had the Xvostick 510 base screwed in as tight as possible. Then I screwed in the coil loosely until I felt some pressure. It gave a resistance reading of 1.85ohm.

It fired okay, but it was loose, so I screwed it in further until it was good and tight. I could feel pressure at each turn and I could see the coil even lifted up a bit.

Now you see the same issue as you had, Kates... very low resistance reading.

When I took out the coil to examine, you see the insulator is still squashed.

So then I undid the Xvostick base using the allen key. I turned anticlockwise until it was almost falling out, and then clockwise half a turn for stability. Then used the allen key again to secure it.

When I screwed in the coil again, there was no feeling of pressure. It just stopped turning suddenly when the coil base met the Xvostick 510 base.

The resistance reading was now the same as the first time, without having to be careful about going too tight.

Here you can see the how such coils are wired. The negative wire sits on the outside of the peek insulator, and the positive wire sits within the insulator.

I tried also Subtank Mini and GoliathV2 with factory coils, and they also exhibit this issue when the Xvostick 510 base is too low (i.e. as you receive it). Unscrewing it fully and screwing it in a little, turning clockwise one and a half turns seemed to give the best balance of stability and sufficient contact.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Kat ...

No, I am not confusing the authentic Chels / Mini-Ecig with the various XvoStick Chinese clones.

I just couldn't understand why I am seeing the authentic XvoStick mods with both stainless steel and brass buttons and battery cap. I just assumed maybe the ones with the brass buttons and battery cap must have been an early version which has now been replaced by the stainless buttons and battery end cap.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Kat ...

No, I am not confusing the authentic Chelc / Mini-Ecig with the various XvoStick Chinese clones.

I just couldn't understand why I am seeing the authentic XvoStick mods with both stainless steel and brass buttons and battery cap. I just assumed maybe the ones with the brass buttons and battery cap must have been an early version which has now been replaced by the stainless buttons and battery end cap.
From what I gather, the brass button version was/is standard and for a bit extra ($10), you can upgrade to the SS buttons - at least the last time I checked the Mini-Ecig site. And the Mini-Ecig site now shows you can get a blue and red one with SS buttons for $10 more than the black with brass buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread