ZFM Zero Filler Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
what about using RVT it is a high temp silicone maybe use that to hold it in place.

tip for the 801 users i glued the end cap in place then cut off the ring and poaked a pin hole in the flat part it seems to be working great. i should used weaker juice as im all buzzed up.
I used straight pg for the first cart, but that gets old real quick, but the whole cart vaped without a hitch, so then I fill it up with the good stuff.....then all hell breaks loose...leaks...flooding...mouthfuls, and to add insult to injury, one dead atomizer :(

One pin hole huh!...sounds good!....gonna have to remove it to refill though, but if it works well it's no big deal. I'm gonna try one slit and see how that works, I think the two slits were giving me the leak problem.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I used straight pg for the first cart, but that gets old real quick, but the whole cart vaped without a hitch, so then I fill it up with the good stuff.....then all hell breaks loose...leaks...flooding...mouthfuls, and to add insult to injury, one dead atomizer :(

One pin hole huh!...sounds good!....gonna have to remove it to refill though, but if it works well it's no big deal. I'm gonna try one slit and see how that works, I think the two slits were giving me the leak problem.

Man what a bad day sorry to hear that! Like I said this mod can be a lil tricky hope you work it out sorry to hear about your atty... but if it means anything it died for a noble cause:cry:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Lowes and other hardware stores should have a "turret head" hole punch for leather and the like. They have something like 6 different hole punches on them. Maybe just the trick for this. Reference picture:

82524_R.jpg

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oh my. It works!
You can refill it with a syringe. You might even be able to just drip into it depending on the size of the whole in the middle.
It looks nice too when completed.
I will get that punch from Lowes.
I don't want to cut my fingers all up. Be careful making these.

Maybe a paper hole puncher might be good for the diameter?

Last edited by a moderator:

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
Cool idea Scotty! How does it refill?

Thanks Kristin, I always take my plugs out wether it was AMD or the ZFM I cant handle one flavor I like to mix in my carts 3 drops of this and 6 of this but if you do the hole some here just squirt it right in the cart with out taking out the plug give it a try not sure to be onest...

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well I tried it: Did it with an X in the middle. Left it upside down for quite a while just to see if it was going to pore out and happily it didn't. It worked great at first and then I had to put it down in a hurry to go do something. When I got back, I kept it at an angle (arch was pointed down) and took a drag. It was flooded so I removed the atty and blew it out. Checked the cart and it was empty.
I might have gotten a half dozen pulls of it. I think a large pin hole placed where the highest point of the arch touched would work better than the X.
I think I want a way to anchor the silicone plug in place before I try again.
RW said the silicone in the tube wouldn't glue-like it in place but it should hold it so I will watch for the results of the person who is going to try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread