ZFM Zero Filler Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
OK, pretty basic question, I am sure. I have a mega 510 kit I bought from Madvapes. This was the cartomizer kit, btw. I am 99.9% sure I will need to buy an atomizer for this kit to work. Is there anything else I need to buy? Is there a 'sleeve' that the carts fit into that i need to purchase, or does that come with these, or the atty?

Thanks. I am going to buy to try out, and want to be prepared when they get here.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
OK, pretty basic question, I am sure. I have a mega 510 kit I bought from Madvapes. This was the cartomizer kit, btw. I am 99.9% sure I will need to buy an atomizer for this kit to work. Is there anything else I need to buy? Is there a 'sleeve' that the carts fit into that i need to purchase, or does that come with these, or the atty?

Thanks. I am going to buy to try out, and want to be prepared when they get here.

If you buy the kit all you will need to do is remove the plug fill the cart with Ejuice replace plug and plug it into a 510 atty..

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
OK, I got the kit and tried it out. What a mess. It leaks like there is no tomorrow. This is using the full kit. I had mistakenly thought that it would work without modification. It did seem to work fine for the first couple of vapes, but I quickly noticed everything was wet with juice. Fortunately my batteries are sealed; otherwise they would probably be toast now.

I am not sure I will try this again. To me, an expensive mistake.

joncammarata

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
charlotte NC USA
Ok, everyone seems to agree that this mod is awesome. Well, I just made it better. Here you go. ENJOY!

After cutting the straw to proper length cut 4 equaly spaced triangular notches out of the edge of the straw and then flatten the straw out and shave a thin strip out of the middle of the straw on both edges of the flattened straw. This will allow you to completely fill the cartridge without any flow issues. Hopefully the pictures are clear. If not, let me know and ill make a video for you guys.

One more thing to add. The notched end goes toward the open end of the cartridge.
View attachment 26144 View attachment 26145

hope you guys like this mod to the zfm. please let me hear the feed back. Makes me all warm and fuzzy when I feel like i have actualy contributed something usefull.

Last edited:

MrByte

Moved On
Jan 24, 2011
Earth
I did this with my mega cart/atty. It took me 3 tries to get a plug, ruined a cart but finally got a good plug.

Then I use some silicone around the edges to fix the leaking and the whole "plug bends down too easy" problems. Let the silicone cure.

Mine tends to get a bit dry now and then, but all I need to do is point it down, thump it lightly against something (ie: arm of chair) it wicks in some more.

I personally liked the SFY mod more, as the thicker plug is easer to keep from leaking IMO, but making that out of silicone would be a major PITA.

Has anyone tried making a cutter so that it'd be possible to make these from say, sheet silicone?

mylose64

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Savannah, GA
I've tried this twice. It didn't work. Tonight I said "hey !@#$ it, i'll try it again"

Low and behold I GOT IT TO WORK! it's awesome. I can't believe this thread is from 2 years ago!

I always wanted to buy a tank for my PV, but this is pretty much the same concept... sort of.

but anyways, I got it to work and it's awesome. I think the biggest problem was getting the silicon to fit perfectly snug. I was cutting it way to small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread