Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hi there, I just wanted to drop you a big THANK YOU:thumbs: for your advice about the difference between the .2 & .5 coils, along with your other helpful tips & patience with me. I took your advice, bought a pack of .5 Tobecco coils & BIG difference from the .2!! Ending week 2 w/this coil & it seems to have a bit of time left. I’m also getting much better (nice & cool) hits in my low wattage- avg. 33-40. Been adjusting the air flow & finding that at different times of the day & w/diff juices, the best vape is achieved after some tweaking. So, you helped me quite a bit on my journey (to find the *perfect* vape) - now I’m on to figuring out this MTL vs. DTL issue as I’m finding some ppl say that certain mods are made for MTL production (or vica versa). The odd thing is... I tend to MTL vape but I do switch it up at times & do some DTL hits. Hmmm... I wonder if I’d benefit from a different mod. I have the original Aspire NX75. I don’t see myself spending over $100 on a box only as the more expensive ones seem to have TC & 100+W which isn’t my style. My Aspire has TC, but I stick with wattage mode. Sorry once again for the lengthy post. Feel free to messenge me to chat as well.
Cheers! :vapor:
I’m happy I could help you out. I received lots of help myself to find out what kind of vape I liked. Seems the biggest hurdle is asking the right questions most times. As far as a mod being better for mtl or dtl it doesnt really matter other than having enough power. It’s much more to do with the atomizer. There are some mods that do a pretty good job of TC and don’t cost much. Smoant mods do TC pretty well and they cost around $50 or less. I’ve played with TC every now and again but I always go back to power mode. I think because I take pulls of maybe 2-3 seconds tops and usually wattage works better. TC is good for reducing power to prevent dry hits but since I take such short hits it isn’t an issue. Anyway happy I could help you and good luck going forward and trying all vaping has to offer.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That could be as well. I'm never really too sure one way or another. Of course there's days I wake and am told my name is Jim and I own an Idaho spud farm, other days I get told that no, I'm some Tom who runs Chinese fishing ships. Hard to keep track when you can forget even who you are. I don't mind though. If I did believe I would be as sane as some peg me to be. ;)

Oh, I'm definitely a robot. I'm the sixth personality of the robot otherwise known as Frank Sullivan. Don't tell there others though, as it would jeopardize their ability to be the only quintuple agent in the world.

Hi there, I just wanted to drop you a big THANK YOU:thumbs: for your advice about the difference between the .2 & .5 coils, along with your other helpful tips & patience with me. I took your advice, bought a pack of .5 Tobecco coils & BIG difference from the .2!! Ending week 2 w/this coil & it seems to have a bit of time left. I’m also getting much better (nice & cool) hits in my low wattage- avg. 33-40. Been adjusting the air flow & finding that at different times of the day & w/diff juices, the best vape is achieved after some tweaking. So, you helped me quite a bit on my journey (to find the *perfect* vape) - now I’m on to figuring out this MTL vs. DTL issue as I’m finding some ppl say that certain mods are made for MTL production (or vica versa). The odd thing is... I tend to MTL vape but I do switch it up at times & do some DTL hits. Hmmm... I wonder if I’d benefit from a different mod. I have the original Aspire NX75. I don’t see myself spending over $100 on a box only as the more expensive ones seem to have TC & 100+W which isn’t my style. My Aspire has TC, but I stick with wattage mode. Sorry once again for the lengthy post. Feel free to messenge me to chat as well.
Cheers! :vapor:

I've seen more than a few (and picked up one myself,) mods/kits for under 30$. The one I chose happened to be compatible with a hacked firmware that's capable of some of the same bells, whistles, buzzers, lights, whirli-bobs, and hoozi-whats that some of the high end TC mods do. They're definitely interesting, and a whole lotta fun to play with if you're into that sorta thing, for an all day every sorta thing? The stripped down firmware on the topside that lacks something as simplistic as stealth mode or brightness adjustment, that I fell in love with, or even a properly set up mech, especially in you're vaping style, would be far more maintenance free and set it and forget it. Vaping need only be as complicated as you make it. I'm glad you've found something that is you're new perfect vape.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Oh, I'm definitely a robot. I'm the sixth personality of the robot otherwise known as Frank Sullivan. Don't tell there others though, as it would jeopardize their ability to be the only quintuple agent in the world.

Huh, what? Oh yes, that's right we have milk at the bodega.

I guess your secret will remain safe. After all I think it was a Frank that helped me dispose of some bodies a while back. Hard to let secrets not be secrets with folks like that. :)

• Love
Reactions: HigherStateD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread