510 is Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I guess im spoiled or have good luck or both, Knock on wood (and i just did) my 2 original attys that came with my Cignot 510 are going strong, and i cannot complain. I also ditched the Polyfill and started out the get go with Blue foam.

One thing to understand is that the 510 capacity on traditional carts is very low. My personal opinion is that the 510 is a dripping atty,either that or just a constant refill atty. for me it works and no mater what i would not trade my 510 for anything.
I may be missing something but in regards to how many times you drip vs. how many times you "drip" the juice into a cart....Dont you have to drip the juice onto they atty the same if not more often than drip the juice into the fill in the cart? I find that dripping requires just as much work.

I may be missing something but in regards to how many times you drip vs. how many times you "drip" the juice into a cart....Dont you have to drip the juice onto they atty the same if not more often than drip the juice into the fill in the cart? I find that dripping requires just as much work.

With BFM I can fit in about 15 drops and vape for a good 20 minutes. That is 20 minutes of chain vaping, Take a Draw put it down for 30 seconds take another draw and so on. If I am dripping I put 3 drops max and that will last me 10 to 15 Draws.

Kempton

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Canada
Yes, I expect to get flamed on this one.

Who could dare to stand against the favorite?

Well, me.

My 510's produce an OK vapor, little throat hit, ZERO flavor (even with High Voltage Drew Juice, little lung hit (who rates on this?) and almost NO satisfaction (who rates on this?).

I vape my 510's when my other atties are close to extinction.

How do I spell pathgetic? I spell it "510".

Flame away! (or be truthfull and tell me how your 510's don't really satisfy you).

Rick G. House.

other than what the heck does pathgetic mean??? What else you vapin with?

subby

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney, Aus
No I see his point, I won't eat at Burger King since I refuse to support a monarchy and until I see his medical license there is no way I would touch Dr. Pepper.

Rofl, nice one, actually made me laugh out loud.

Rick, you look old (no offence) but these days some words like wicked and sick and even bad (omg) actually mean good, not in the true sense of the word but yea... the English language has been changing for centuries and will continue to change in the future...

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
shipment-of-fail.jpg

couldn't resist

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
:2c:

While defending the 510, and I agree it's a good system, let's keep in mind that it could stand some improvement. Obvious #1 is battery life. What else?

If you're going to make a system where performance relies on alignment of parts, then make it so those parts can't be assembled out of alignment. Mechanical engineers, and even people without such credentials, have known this for many years. Use a keyway, an oblate mating point, or something.

I shouldn't have to score my cart with a hot pin to make it fit tight. The manufacturing processes to make things to better tolerances than this have been around for years. Yeah I know, it's China, and it's cheap, but this is a solved problem in hundreds of industries.

Leakage. I fill carts at night and cap them. The next day when I use them, there's various quanties of juice on the flats, and sometime spilled in my case. And yes, I'm careful to not overfill -- learned that lesson.

If the 510 were truly great, we wouldn't have pages and pages of mods. Granted, there's likely not a single filler or ZFM that'll work with any and all juice, and that's something that's just part of using a 510. I plan on trying out dripping pretty soon, because I'm already tired of dealing with carts.

Different strokes, or for you Brits, horses for courses.

Can hardly wait for my eGo XL to show up. :D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Flame away! (or be truthfull and tell me how your 510's don't really satisfy you). ...

No flames here. Just a comment.

When I first got into e-Cigs, I got a Blu. The size was perfect! A very sexy unit if an an e-Cig can be sexy.

But after about 2 days I was very disappointed with it. With the OEM carts, it put out almost no vapor or TH. So I went on an oddesy of buying and trying e-Cigs. Blu, KR808, RN4081, Joye 510, Janty eGo.

What I learned, after spending a bunch of time and way too much money was that an e-Cig is only as good as the juice that you put in it.

A Blu, with my own DIY juice, in a 510 Cartomizer is actualy a very nice e-Cig. Tons of vapor and a good throat hit.

So I guess what I trying to say is that before you get all bent on one particular e-Cig for lack of vapor or TH, maybe you should try different juice.

Or perhaps you were just having a bad day and needed to vent.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Just got my first 510 a week ago after using a 901 for over a year.
I am loving it....simply blows my 901 out of the water. I love the manual switch as I can get as much or as little vapor as I want. Great flavor, throat hit etc. Really no complaints at all.

Even the short battery life does not bother me. I have 3 batteries in rotation and I have never been without a charged battery. I will be purchasing a couple eGo batteries however.

The only part about the OP that bothered me was...

"Flame away! (or be truthfull and tell me how your 510's don't really satisfy you)."

....as if nobody could have a different experience from you, and if we claim otherwise we are just lying and/or fooling ourselves.

Wrong.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I switched from a 901 to the 510. At first the 510 was great! After a few months of vaping, it seemed the attys would die quickly. Some were pathetic right from the start. Others became so hot they were untouchable after only 3 hits. I now have plenty of extra attys and batteries just waiting to be used. I switched from the 510 to the joye stick and have never looked back. I have yet to decide what to do with all the 510 stuff that I have. The 510 seems to work well for others and not so well for some of us. I'm sure the joye stick has the same quirks, but it works much better for me than the 510. Both units tend to leak as I'm sure all e cigs do. There are many improvements to be made. The atomizer should be the first area that suppliers work on. I have enough batteries to vape for the rest of my life,.lol. The attys are a different story. Bottom line, "To each his own" rsmith76

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Even the short battery life does not bother me. I have 3 batteries in rotation and I have never been without a charged battery.

True story. 1 too have 3 batts in rotation. Yesterday morning, I had 1 in the charger with a green light -- put it in Friday evening, and 2 I was vaping on. 1 went dead, and I swapped it into the charger. Another went dead on my next vape, and then the one from the charger died right off. So I had 3 dead batts within 10 minutes.

My suspicion is that every once in a while, the charger just has a brain fart. I've been almost without a charged batt at work a couple times -- again, I think the USB charger I have for work sometimes just doesn't fully charge. But I can't consistently reproduce a problem.

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Yes, I expect to get flamed on this one. Who could dare to stand against the favorite?

Aint this forum great! Where someone can tear down the one model that has taken more members off analogs than any other model? imo

The 510 does have its faults: the batts suck, the attys sometimes get hot, crap-out quickly, or simply duds depending on the brand, and the list could go on.

The bottom line is that all models have their faults...but happy owners make happy vapers...and apparently there are lot of happy 510 vapers in ecf.

But its great to be able to have your opinion and express it.

But I wouldn't go so far as to call it "pathetic," or even "pathgetic."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread