A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add these symptoms since starting to vape:

I've lost 3 limbs, 4 teeth, hair is falling out, blind in one eye and can't see out hte other one, Deaf in both ears, huh?, no long term memory left, If I remember right, I zig when I should zag now, Tremors everytime I run into the car in front of me, I get out of breath after 20 or so blocks after gettign caught hitting on the neighbors wife, and my big toe has started to throb for no apparent reason, except maybe becaasue I dropped a can of soup on it.

I'm goign back to regular smoking

I'm surprised you were able to type, much less smoke a cigarette after getting your ... beat by the neighbor's husband. :p

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
Great thread. I just started e-smoking yesterday, and already am noticing some of these symptoms. i.e. Dry throat, muscle aches (though this could be because of some strenuous gardening I did 2 days ago), mild headache. I also seem to be sneezing a lot, which could just be hayfever, but it seems to happen more when vaping. Did anyone else experience bouts of sneezing and sniffling when they first started out?

Hi Cucurucho,

Yes - I had the sneezing and my sinuses immediately stuffed up. However, although I'm trying to organize everyone's feedback - I'm not weighing in yet because I haven't determined if mine are allergies to PG yet or not.

But it's great that everyone is adding their symptoms, as the first couple days can be a bit frightening when we don't know what to expect.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
My breakouts have cleared up and the sore throat issue isn't nearly as bad. Sometimes I'll get the occasional hard throat hit and some weird tingling/burning in the nasal cavity. Nothing too serious though and it goes away in an hour or so. As for headaches, I only got them a few times when starting out, but I'm guessing this has more to do with the the possible increase in nicotine intake than the actual ecig. And muscle cramps are rarely a problem.

I did have one rash of bad heartburn-type symptoms the past day or so, but it's fading already.

efaglil

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
UK
I can't say I had any sneezing but I think I remember that smoking kills some of the hair inside your nose. maybe because these are growing back, they are causing you to sneeze.

That may go some way to explain why I always get bit of a nose bleed when I give up analogues. Nothing to do with eSmoking, just something I've come to expect.

jpc815

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2008
Tennessee, United States
I had a pretty bad migraine headache, that may or may not have been related, but I have had it off and on every day for about 5 weeks, so it didn't start with I started e-smoking.

My cough cleared up when I had been off real cigarettes for a few weeks, so I assumed it was tobacco related.

My muscle cramps in my legs while sleeping have greatly DECREASED.

My stopped up nose has improved, which improved my dry mouth.

All in all, I would say I have had great improvement in a lot of problems that were mainly going off of tobacco.

eyespy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
UK
..... I think I remember that smoking kills some of the hair inside your nose. maybe because these are growing back, they are causing you to sneeze.

8-o8-o8-o don't say that - I don't want more hairs growing out of my nostrils - it's like a bloody forest up there now :cry:

I have been vaping 10 days and have noticed that my mouth (tongue & throat) and nostrils get sore after a heavy vaping session - I suspect this is due to the mucus membrane being irritated by the change in Ph levels.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Originally Posted by Nazareth
Add these symptoms since starting to vape:

I've lost 3 limbs, 4 teeth, hair is falling out, blind in one eye and can't see out hte other one, Deaf in both ears, huh?, no long term memory left, If I remember right, I zig when I should zag now, Tremors everytime I run into the car in front of me, I get out of breath after 20 or so blocks after gettign caught hitting on the neighbors wife, and my big toe has started to throb for no apparent reason, except maybe becaasue I dropped a can of soup on it.

I'm goign back to regular smoking

Sounds like my neighbor's dog Lucky

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
I've also noticed heavy dandruff and extreme flatulence. Not funny getting showered in snow every time I break wind. :oops:

Oh, forgot to mention the smell :cry:

Maybe we can now smell our own farts better??? now that we've quit/cut back on the real things....:oops:

I can't believe I said that.:cry:

dazzer1975

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Rochdale...sadly.
Started to get what I can best describe as a drowning feeling, i.e. the phlegm feels more watery and more of it. This was while I was still smoking the odd cigarette as well as esmoking.

However have read another post that perhaps pg is responsible for this and is used as a kind of expectorant so perhaps that is what is happening here?

I have now not smoked an analogue cig since monday evening and the feeling is still present on occasion... however, while I am able to cough it up im not bothered.

I also know that drowning can actually occur as a side effect of heart problems causing your lungs the inability to remove fluids.

Ill keep my fingers crossed its just my lungs dealing with the crap the analogue cigarettes have deposited in them.

I have also been know to cough up spots of blood in my phlegm on occasion too, although this hasnt happened since I have been e smoking.

yer, you could say smoking has pretty badly f***ed me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread