• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A little bit about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikaG

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Www.erikasphotography.com
So...you all are wonderful and supportive. I am so glad i found this group and you have already helped me through a super tough week last week. You know a bit about me, but i feel comfortable sharing more now. I am 32. We have 5 children. 4 girls and a boy. I am divorced and remarried (and ashamed). My ex and i are great friends and we live 3 doors apart. We could have made it work but i don't think we were either one at a good place then. I attend a very small methodist church. I am not anywhere near perfect and have stumbled many times in my faith. I still feel like a very young christian and there is a lot i don't know or don't understand. I feel somewhat stuck with my faith as i have been at the same place for a long time now. My husband says he is a christian and claims to be catholic but hasn't attended a mass in many years and it is like pulling teeth to get him to go with me. I have stopped trying and am just praying for him. I feel a strong calling to help and minister to teens about premarital sex and to married couples contemplating divorce but i haven't done anything about it yet. So that is pretty much me at the core. I am pretty open book and i do not get offended easily.
Erika

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Welcome Erika!

I know it has been difficult for you and your fur baby the last several days. I'm glad she's at home with you now. I believe He hears our prayers about our pets, and He knows how much we love them. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know!

I'm glad you feel comfortable here. This is a great family! None of us are perfect, either. I've stumbled many times as well. But I'm so thankful my Heavenly Father is always there with open arms to pick me up, dust me off, and continue on!! We are all growing in our faith, and understanding, too. It's a daily process. Each one of us is at a different stage of growth in our faith, but we are all His children. We each have unique God given gifts, talents, and strengths. I'm sure you have nothing to be ashamed of!

I think it happens to all of us at one time or another to feel as if we're stuck in the same spot in our walk with Him. What helped me was to start reading my Bible in the mornings as well as evenings. What a wonderful way to start the day! Even if I only have a few minutes, it makes a difference. He is bringing me through an incredible growth period, and He teaches me every day. If I don't understand something, He will reveal it to me in His time. And it usually is perfect timing! :)

I have no doubt that God has given you the gifts you'll need to start your counseling ministry. I know He will open the doors and make a way for you to accomplish it! Praise God!!

God Bless, and I hope you post again soon!

'T'

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Mom5, I feel pretty safe in saying that we all have a ways to go. Why feel ashamed? In front of us? OH PLEASE!!!!! We are ALL sinners saved by Grace!! No one is more special here than another. We don't always agree, but we always love each other.... 'love ye one another as I have loved you.'

Welcome to our group. Just jump in and start posting, like you're doing now. Have fun! Yes, Christianity can be fun!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread