A new rule: make a vape budget and stick to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I'm lucky in that I'm not a 'gadget' person - I'm perfectly happy with my ego-t batteries and ce4 clearomizers. I'm also lucky in that I found this forum early rather than later so didn't waste money on stuff I'd end up throwing away.

Having said that, I spent a fair amount of money today (around $100) but it was for unflavored ejuice, flavorings, extra batteries/clearomizers, etc. Nothing fancy (and I used this forum as a guide to good prices). I seriously shouldn't have to buy anything for at least a year. Heck, the ejuice/flavorings should last at least two. I suspect I'll mainly be haunting the DIY section in the future.

Best of luck to everyone in the future.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
I started out on a spending spree. These are in the order i bought them. 650mah Twist, 1300 Vision Spinner, Vamo, SVD, Bolt, K100, Evic (in the mail) And im currently in a coop for 2 Custom Sigeli Mini's. I have a large amount of delivery devices, started with Mini Novas, cartomizers, Iclear30, Evods, Boge cartotank, AGR Cartotanks, evods, have at least 2 of all of them if not 3-4. have a RSST and a few glass smok dct's coming to me. Piles of juice, at least 8 30 ml bottlesand 20+ 15ml bottles! All trying to find that elusive adv! However i have slowed down now. Most of my equip purchases are done, i'll grab a few Glass cartotanks in the near future to round me out. But overall, yea it will be somewhat budgeted now.

I don't even want to look at how much i've spent in 3 months lol!

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
Ugh, I need to do this too. Ive slowed down since my initial start up, as far as purchases go. That being said, the first few weeks, I burned through most of one of my paychecks ordering stuff up. I couldnt stop shopping because I felt like a kid in a candy store. I still struggle, I just got 5 15ml juices in the mail a day ago and almost ordered something else last night, but stopped myself. I have plenty, but I love getting vape mail and trying new things.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
See, this thing is pervasive. I finally found a juice I love, that I could re-order [never happened before with internet juice] and of course it is not only pricey it is hard to come by! So, I find myself stalking their site and found it in stock, ordered one ONE 10 ml bottle and paid $6 for shipping. Today, the same day I received that order, I ordered some more, justifying in my mind that it is payday, this is the last order I can make until next payday, and I damn sure better have enough of this wonderful stuff to last me that long.

Yeah, goodbye credit card, it's going to take a long time to thaw you out again. . .I now have 2 Leo's with cartos and clearos, and 2 Ego's and one sort-of vv mod that made me want to go higher than 4.0v, one Vamo on the way, enough batteries to have a working set and a charging set for both mods. Got some Evods, ONE T3, a lot of replacement heads for each, 2 Vivi Nova's coming with spare heads, got wire and cotton for wicks, got a bunch of juice that is meh, I'll use it if I have to but don't love it. Got some good juice FINALLY after all this time, so now can comfortably get back into all the DIY supplies I can't even list here, they are packed up and I forget what's in there.

Yeah, I think I'm done! For a LONG time. Just need to keep up with juice stock, and stop saying "Oh, pretty, shiny, mine!!"

On thing that helped the budget a bot was using wishlist instead of cats when shopping. The majority of the time I am online with a vendor I am already registered at some of them with those easy to use one click options, but even with a one click not having to stop to fill in all the shipping, billing and payment information make impulse easy.

So I shop to the wishlist, and I never purchase from a wishlist right then. Once I have a wishlist going I use it to look up same things on other sites I go to checking for prices differences. Buying to spontaneously sometimes has caused me to spend extra dollars on items I could save if I traveled about some other sites first, or the price might be the same but a deal on shipping and so on.

Its still hard to always stick to it, especially if its a month with things needed for maintenance, and/or a repurchase and/or restock juice and something new hits the shelves or whatever.

It did help some once I got a bit of a stock of juices in so I never had that day where I was vaping and thinking of the few I had nothing was 'wowing me' as I had tasted the flavors already seemingly many times.... and off I would go to surf the net looking for something that sounded yummy. Its sort of like shopping for food on an empty stomach. Then again, even if my budget only was set out for so much for re-orders and or new flavors its very hard to give up on something new that sounds good until next month when you know you have to refill a juice you use a lot - or else you buy the new one and then go without a regular for a month. Have your e-juice on wishlist can work sort of like an re-order inventory, When a bottle runs out I add it to the wishlist and it helps with tracking and what is needed and whats impulse.

New stuff is always a budget killer because the info has the vids and blog anywhere from a couple of weeks before - as demos go out to the release day as peoples vmail starts arriving. If its one that everyones been keeping an eye out for and you are one of them - budgeting ahead and added extra money to the budget to be held over each month for that purchase can work out well but if its already out on the vendor's site it can be hard not to forget the needed stuff and pop on and buy it. With a wishlist to check you get a bit of reality check and good reminders like 'buy this new atty and all that e-juice I am out of is coming off the list' and it would not be on that list if you were not out of it!

It can also help budget as well of keep a running list of what you need for accessories, or if you need a new stock of heads or wicks or mesh and so on.

And it helps double purchase, if you check a wishlits(s) you have made against what is in your box and/or purchased but not arrived by comparing to orders out there but not yet delivered. I am sure you have all purchase that accessory that you thought you needed and did not have only to g to stick it with your supplies when it arises and realize you mush had the month before and forgot - or have the same item get ordered in the same month - but from different supplies - even forgetting you had just ordered it.

Another good idea I heard of was from a person that, because all their vaping purchases were online and they worried about having their main card in use on line all the time, got a pre-paid one for ordering their vape supplies with it. He said that when he got serious about a budget that was the total amount he would load on the card each month - if it did not get all spent he could carry it over - or not spend it all so it would carry over and save for something that would otherwise be a budget killer - and so on. It sounded like a very good idea.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
well.. day 9 of the month and my budget is spent!! Some Juice that should last me for the whole month, since I also DIY. but the majority went to a pyrex tank that takes evod coils and a Diver Atomizer. The Diver will allow me to use all those carto-tanks that I have and don't use because I have issues with cartos. :)

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've managed to keep my spending in control the past two months.

1 month I order eliquid. 112 bucks (including shipping) buys me 250 ml of eliquid (I'm vaping around 120 ml so it's worth for 2 months vaping).
The other month I order spares:
1 replacement tank (be it a BCC or a Protank)
2 boxes replacement heads
1 driptip
1 18650 and 1 18350 batt
some accesories (a 10 buck lanyard)
Wick, Kanthal and NR for Term C
That, with discounts is also around 100 bucks.

Every three months or so I buy a new mod and bypass the hardware or liquid buy. This month I bought myself an Innokin MVP for 40 bucks. I've managed to stay in budget thanks to this.

Unfortunately my last hardware buy was lost in the mail, but still have plenty of spares to go for a full month without worries. Nice would be to buy to replace, but the dollar here is going up too fast so I'd buy my spares and have plenty to vape for a long time. I know I don't need them, but as long as I have vape budget I'd rather invest in them.

Disposables are working great, and the RBA I have too, so I don't find the need to overbuy. I'll stick to what I have and maybe buy a new clearo to try, but that's it.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Have to stop browsing at all my favorite vendors, finding stuff in stock that's been out of stock forever, then ordering it without thinking of the consequences.

I get paid twice per month. I know how much I'm "saving" by not smoking, and can hopefully restrict myself to spending just that much each pay period.

The question in my mind is what if they are out of stock on my "ordering day" and then my addictive personality comes into play! Someone mentioned eating beans for a week, not sure if my kids would go for it! :ohmy:

Would you recommend a twice monthly ordering day, or just order whenever you feel like it but stay within the budget?

You are hooked,line,bobber and sinker.:toast:...enjoy it man.Look at this new telescope Natural.

https://www.canvape.com/The-Natural-all-mechanical-Mod-by-SmokTech-Flat-p/smoknaturaltele.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread