Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have been vaping for almost 8 months now. I was able to put down a 46 year, 2 pack a day Marlboro 100s cigarette habit/addiction. I use Spinners, MVP2 and Provari batteries and I usually drip on a 510 atty or use an evod. I try to spread the word without being obnoxious about it.

I have tried to get my sister, a cousin, and various friends and acquaintances to try vaping to cut down or give up smoking. To no avail. Not one has shown any interest to try it for themselves. I have extra of everything just to be ready for that first spark of interest so I can shower a good first setup on them.

It is true that people will not hear you if they are not ready. You can talk all you want. Until they are ready it will not happen. But you can lay the groundwork. I have tried to convince a family friend to quit the cigarettes and start vaping since I started vaping, almost 8 months ago. He even would occasionally take a puff off my Spinner/510 atty to try the flavor I was vaping, usually a tobacco. Every time he would almost cough up a lung and make faces.

A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving he called us from the hospital. He was there with congestive heart failure and uncontrolled and previously undiagnosed diabetes. He is not yet 50.

Last week he mentioned that he was thinking of getting a Blu or other cigalike. Now he sees my stash all the time. I have multiple Spinners, attys, evods, MVP2, etc. Nope, he must have the cigalike. So I gave him a cigalike setup that a PIF friend had given me a few months back.

He loves it. He is still smoking a week later, but has cut his smoking in half. He is still not interested in my spinners or using my umpteen bottles of juice. But he uses that little, weak cigalike.

I guess the moral is that I may have felt like I was getting nowhere and talking to a brick wall, but when the time was right he knew to come to me to get started vaping. So, we are not wasting our time.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Yep there has to be a self determination in there or it won't happen if you're one of us older multi year pad or more cigarette smokers. Maybe you want to have a couple small samples of 100% VG on hand and another with high PG - I find I can't tolerate PG and that does lead to a thanks but no thanks reaction. :) The great news is that you were right there when the friend decided "OMG, this is my wake up call". Maybe he'll just stick with his cigalike, but if he does move forward then he sure knows who to call!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thank you. I do not use the 100%vg but that is a good idea to have some for someone else that may prefer it. I have most of the other ratios on hand.

It is a good feeling when someone does finally come to you for assistance. I felt like I used to as a child on Christmas morning. Had to rein myself in to not overwhelm the poor guy. :) It is easy to forget how large a leap it is for the new vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread