Vaping vs Smoking - An Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
At this moment, my SO is completely broke and out of cigarettes.

He's tried my spinner and cigalikes before, and always complains about the taste, or the coughing, or the way it makes his lungs feel (he had lung surgery 7 years ago). Says he'd rather quit cold turkey but doesn't plan on it any time soon.

Tonight, since he's got no money for smokes (and I'm not buying him any), I offered up for him to use my eRolls until he's able to come up with the cash to buy some smokes.

I cleaned them up, filled 2 tanks with Aroma WTA Sahara, 12mg (he's a 1-1/2 to 2 pack a day Camel Ultra Lights smoker), charged up the PCC and handed them over.

He's using it, (actually chain vaping right now) sort of complaining that he really wants a cigarette, but still vaping. I'm slightly giddy with anticipation of what will happen now.

Who wants to wager on what will be the end result of this experiment?

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Think he'll be vaping his lungs out at that nic level. Ya have anything higher?

Regardless, best o' luck to both ya'll!

Well, he smokes Ultra Lights which usually are .8 mg of nicotine per cig. I was a pack a day Camel Filters and 24 was good for me. Plus, its WTA which usually packs a bigger punch.

I do have some 24mg left, you think I should refill with that?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Plus, its WTA which usually packs a bigger punch.

I do have some 24mg left, you think I should refill with that?

Da WTA should smooth out sum o' da peak cravings. As for da 24mg, can't 'hurt' if he becomes a witch (Vanna, I'd like to trade da 'w' fer a 'B') wid balls!
icon_wink.gif

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
24mg Dekang would be mostly PG based,(?) might be a partial explanation of his dislike. I needed a 50/50 mix to be comfortable. Yet the 24mg should cut down the need to "vape your head off syndrome"...:)

If you can find a combination that's comfortable, tastes resonable (smokers can't taste anything :laugh:) and he's forced to try it for a while....I'd bet he will stick with it...:)

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I actually vape 50/50 and he's okay with that. It's the VG he doesn't like (I also have some 100%). The 70/30 or 80/20 mixes I have he seems to do better with.

Here's to hoping! :) Just a couple of days ago, I posted in another of those "Anybody's SO's still smoke" threads, and after 7 months I had pretty much given up hope that he would try more than a puff here and there. Who knows where this will lead?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Those of us that are actually more sensitive to VG need to start a support group.:p

:laugh:...Might be an idea...I'm not sensitive to either PG or VG, just like the mix the best, good taste - good flavor. And it makes my DIY mixing very easy, two bottles of equal size & mix them together...:p...ratios simplified to the max.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Ultra Light smoker, even if he smoked 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day is going to get dizzy from 24mg nic. I smoked 2 packs a day of regular menthols and 18 was all I could really stand I guess just keep an eye on him, remember with a cigarette you are burning the nic away and it's nearly as efficient as an e-cig. Just keep an eye open and switch if you need to.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Well, the experiment lasted a whole 2 hours...he's taken off to check to see if he has enough money in the bank to buy some. I know that the transition can be hard, I've fallen off the wagon twice (due mostly to some health issues and stress, not necessarily that I couldn't stop smoking). We'll see if he had any money...

...I can see it now, he's hanging out on the corner, asking people for spare change to buy some cigarettes...:rolleyes:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Ultra Light smoker, even if he smoked 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day is going to get dizzy from 24mg nic. I smoked 2 packs a day of regular menthols and 18 was all I could really stand I guess just keep an eye on him, remember with a cigarette you are burning the nic away and it's nearly as efficient as an e-cig. Just keep an eye open and switch if you need to.

That's kind of what I thought...I added some 24 to the tanks that were still half full, so he'd be somewhere around 18. He was complaining that he was getting a headache at 12mg. He's really something of a drama queen...

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK

I was only a pack a day Marlboro Light smoker and 24mg was what I had to have the first few weeks. I am at 18mg now and not sure I am ready to go lower. Everybody is different. Agree he should monitor it and stop if he does get light headed.

Also not sure what you mean by burning the nic away. Everything I read it takes longer to get nic in your system vaping than it does a cigarette.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
He now has 100% 24mg juice...says it's doing nothing for him except reminding him of how much he wants a real one. He only had $3 and change, so he's stuck with what I gave him or nothing.

This is turning out to be more dramatic than I thought, lol. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I get home from work (or in the morning if he doesn't sleep).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread