A photo gallery of my newly arrived GGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Very nice pictures...... Just my opinion...... I think the so called blemishes are sort of cute in a way..... They give my GG Transformer a little character, maybe a little antique flavoring..... I have always liked the used look..... I prefer faded blue jeans to new..... I hate new shoes and new watchstraps...... People usuallly are happy to pay for handmade..... I love my GG Transformer....
I got a Titan 510 and it is nice, but it looks factory made and it doesn't even come close to the throat hit or vapor production that I get from my GG......
While I was waiting to get my hands on my GG, I ordered a Silver Bullet..... Can't believe it will perform my GG, so it will probably go in a drawer or be given away..... I just love my GG so much...... Thank you Imeo......

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Yeah but the USD does not equal the Euro and likely will not for a very, very long time....

Yeah, considering the last time the euro and the dollar were at a 1=1 parity was late in 2005, you're probably right. But we can always hope.

P.S. By the way very good Wayne's World reference. One of my favorite movies.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
, and i wouldnt think the exchange rate would have been a factor, since you guys were buying them in the US.

If the GG was made in the US it wouldn't have been an issue. But the person who imported them had to consider the exchange rate when he purchased them. Unfortunately, that was passed along to us in the retail price. But, as Bandit said, that's the chance you take when exchange rates become an issue in the transaction. I used to buy Kangaroo skins direct from Australia(one of my hobbies is, or used to be, fine leather braiding). Several years ago the USDollar far outpaced the Australian dollar , so the skins were relatively cheap(keep in mind that Kangaroo skin is one of the finest, strongest most expensive leathers in the world). Today , it's done almost a complete 180 flip and the skins are almost unaffordable(relatively).

Last edited:

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
If the GG was made in the US it wouldn't have been an issue. But the person who imported them had to consider the exchange rate when he purchased them. Unfortunately, that was passed along to us in the retail price. But, as Bandit said, that's the chance you take when exchange rates become an issue in the transaction. I used to buy Kangaroo skins direct from Australia(one of my hobbies is, or used to be, fine leather braiding). Several years ago the USDollar far outpaced the Australian dollar , so the skins were relatively cheap(keep in mind that Kangaroo skin is one of the finest, strongest most expensive leathers in the world). Today , it's done almost a complete 180 flip and the skins are almost unaffordable(relatively).

Ah I get what ya mean, maybe purchasing some futures might be a good idea, and those poor kangaroo's you mean mean person :shock:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Ah I get what ya mean, maybe purchasing some futures might be a good idea, and those poor kangaroo's you mean mean person :shock:

Yeah, when I first got into braiding, I would never have believed that kangaroo is such an amazing leather, but it is. Fortunately, Australia has very strict culling/poaching laws when it comes to their kangaroo population, so they are taken only in small numbers and as humanely as possible(no farms or commercial slaughterhouses) . I thought the same thing when I would plait the 'roo, but apparently those cute and cuddly 'roo's aren't as cute and cuddly as you think. They can and will evicerate a human with one swipe of their sharp forepaws, not to mention their extraordinarily strong back kicking legs. But they are great for making things such as this I've attached, my first working double bellied bullwhip. The thing will last longer then I will.

enpuck

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 14, 2009
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis
Status