Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
For those on the fence about which would be best for them, I just uploaded my review.

LavaTube v ProVari Review - YouTube

Good review.. Thanks! I've got a lavatube coming and am super excited. I was initially worried because I have a lot of LR stuff but now I've got some higher resistance cartos coming. I'm not too concerned about the battery issue. I may send mine back and order some genuine AW's from SuperT or lighthound.. don't know yet.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I will definitely be awaiting that review, as I am a mod collector like so many of us, and the lava tube seems like one heck of a deal for what it offers!!!

If you do the video, though please show me that the button top AW IMR battery can fit and function in the lava tube as I have so many of those batts from my prover collection!!! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Fazed,

I did like your review and pretty much agree with you across the board. I'm quite happy with both my lava tube and my provari (a bruiser like the one in your vid). Both mods really do perform about the same. Buying a provari pretty much wiped out my mad money for the month, but I don't regret buying it. I love the heft of the provari in my hand. When I'm at home, the provari is absolutely my go to vape that I love. The lava tube works just as well, but I take it to work with me, and won't be upset when it gets scratched up. Some people don't even mind when their provari's get beat up, and more power to them. I think they're both great mods, don't regret buying either of them, and enjoy each in my own fashion

For me, the vape is pretty much the same on either mod. Freakin fantastic hands down. Doesn't compare to any non-vv setup for me. When I vape the provari, i just have that added satisfaction of feeling a finely crafted piece of machinery in my hand. Just the feel and the heft and the fine workings of the provari bring a smile to my face when I pick it up.

I try not to tell anyone what to buy or what they will like. I just wanted to say that I'm very happy with both mods, and each have their place in my vaping. Of course, everyone will use and feel about their mods a bit different. I just hope they enjoy their purchases as much as I do :)

And wanted to say that I liked your review. Keep 'em coming

Just a quick note about the whole lava tube battery hoopla...

I'm not fretting over it. I still feel good about my purchase from Volcano, and at this point would have no problems dealing with them in the future. I'm willing to sit back and see what other information is forthcoming about the batteries. I might return my batts, I might not. Haven't decided yet. I'll wait to see what real information gets posted, despite what the few nay-sayers/hater/bashers/conspiracy-theorists/trolls post around here.

Merry vaping everyone :vapor:

Happy Christmas

:D

Maximillian the Perambulating Lexicographer
(name by Dotma)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
If you do the video, though please show me that the button top AW IMR battery can fit and function in the lava tube as I have so many of those batts from my prover collection!!! Thanks

I can 100% guarantee you that the AW IMR 18650 button tops work. Vaping my LT right now with them. Bought them from pro vape for my reo and they work fine in my LT. I just bought 2 more from them last night because I'm putting the flat tops away until the controversy around them is resolved.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Just a quick note. I like what house mouse had to say about the flat top batts. That's a good idea. Stuck mine in my sock drawer. Will use the 18650 imr's with the button tops that I got from provape and super t for my provari for the nonce. I don't see any reason to get over excited. Will just wait for more information to present itself.

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Just a quick note. I like what house mouse had to say about the flat top batts. That's a good idea. Stuck mine in my sock drawer. Will use the 18650 imr's with the button tops that I got from provape and super t for my provari for the nonce. I don't see any reason to get over excited. Will just wait for more information to present itself.

Problem solved. Volcano is replacing the flat tops for AW 18650 button top batteries because they work just fine in the LT. I just put in a customer service ticket for the exchange. Seems to be a stand up company willing to fix a problem.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I put in a ticket also. Figure I'll send my batts back and take store credit. I always need vaping suplies.

I decided on store credit also since I'm going to buy a red Lava Tube when they come out. And my batteries are at the post office now to go back.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I decided on store credit also since I'm going to buy a red Lava Tube when they come out. And my batteries are at the post office now to go back.

You read my mind House mouse!

Although, I'm thinking maybe silver instead of red. I dunno. I'm a black/grey/brown/green wearing kind of guy. The red looks sharp (Shiney New Toy sharp), but I might be embarassed to be seen in public with it :blush:

Maximillain the Mostly Mischievious

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Problem solved. Volcano is replacing the flat tops for AW 18650 button top batteries because they work just fine in the LT. I just put in a customer service ticket for the exchange.

Interesting. I just got an email back from Volcano CS saying they didn't have any original AW batteries yet and didn't have an ETA for them.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Interesting. I just got an email back from Volcano CS saying they didn't have any original AW batteries yet and didn't have an ETA for them.

Interesting. I didn't send them an e-mail though. I went to the store site and put in a customer ticket. Options were store credit, refund,or new batteries when available.(they estimated 2-3 weeks). I was originally planning on having them send new batteries when available, but I changed my mind and opted for store credit instead.They sent my return authorization and UPS shipping label an hour or so later. No muss, no fuss.

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
I would be in for a co-op as well. I Just got a Saber Touch.... LOVE IT! but a little large for carrying around... Plus I don't want to mess it up....I think that is the case with MANY high $$$ mods... GGTS, Provari, Saber T, I've got almost 400$ sitting here on the desk at work(Saber VV w/PT, Scubagen V3) I really don't like walking around with ALL that $$$.

I like the L rider Black w/red trim!!! Awsome!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I heard from a very reliable source that Liberty Flights will be carrying soon. I don't know what they will be charging.

Can you ask your "reliable source" if they plan to carry the 18350 Mini-Lavatube?

m_xmas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread