Status
Not open for further replies.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Can you ask your "reliable source" if they plan to carry the 18350 Mini-Lavatube?

m_xmas.jpg

Will do...

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Follow up. After playing with the LT for a few weeks now, I have a couple issues with it.

1) the Lavatube logo is half worn off. I have kept it in its case when not in use, and have not been rough on it at all. Kind of shoddy IMHO.

2) the voltage on the display isn't what you get under load. The most I can get out of it is 5.6v. This is using a 3 ohm carto.

I plan on doing a follow up review soon to highlight these issues.

For the price, is the LT still a good deal? I guess so... FWIW, the Provari was spot on with its voltage under load throughout the entire range.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Follow up. After playing with the LT for a few weeks now, I have a couple issues with it.

1) the Lavatube logo is half worn off. I have kept it in its case when not in use, and have not been rough on it at all. Kind of shoddy IMHO.

2) the voltage on the display isn't what you get under load. The most I can get out of it is 5.6v. This is using a 3 ohm carto.

For the price, is the LT still a good deal? I guess so... FWIW, the Provari was spot on with its voltage under load throughout the entire range.

Reading the many posts like this over several forums is why ultimately I've decided to get a Provari as much as I wanted to like and get an LT. Initially the cost and satisfaction seems great but I believe over time and taking into consideration my vaping habits I believe in the long run the Provari will be more cost efficient for me.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA

What batts are you running in the LT? Same batts as ProV?

Xhevias

Dec 1, 2011
Oregon
It's been over a month now since I have had my LT. The unit has been working great. The current carto I'm using meters right at 3.0ohms. Vaping past 5 volts and my madvapes meter reads loaded voltages right where they are supposed to be all the way up to 6volts. I haven't had much differences with other attys, or cartos yet either.

And I guess I hold mine differently than others, because my red LT logo is still there. But, if it does wear off, the unit will still look just as nice. I personally like the black LT logo on my silver LT better. I actually like the looks of the silver LT better too. I don't want that one to rub off.

I too would like to see some changes made to the LT. Definitely make both end caps anodized aluminum. Volcano is good about listening to their customer base, so I think we might see changes in the future...

I don't have any problems with the Provari either. It's a very nice unit. But, I think I will wait and see if Provape updates there Provari line. I would love to see that! Hopefully 2012 will be an awesome year for vapers. :)

Xhev...

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
btw, I didn't seem to get a reply after sending my order# and shipping address in response to the email from volcano cs. But, I remembered seeing something about being able to check the status of tickets on their website. So here's what I found...

If you go to vocano's website, log in, click 'help desk' from the list on the left, then click on your ticket number (Note: my cursor didn't change when I moused over the ticket#, but clicking on it worked), I found a message with a pdf attached to it which it says will allow me to print a prepaid shipping label to return my batts. Haven't actually printed it yet. Been busy and haven't gotten around to it.

Now, there may be an easier way to go about all of this. Just posting what I've found :p

:D

Maximillian the Incessant Clicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread