Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Anyone know if the titanium wire spools on eBay are good to use? Not sure when my next order at ESG will be (the site is down now) - and I wanted to try the titanium coils asap.. if it's a risk I will just wait for ESG to open cuz I need to get some spare o-rings and springs anyhow. An eBay shipment would probably arrive quicker, though. Just a thought, I saw a bunch of spools on eBay... wasn't sure what kind to look out for (They all say Grande One from what i see).

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Ended up making it a 5/6 wrap and it's @ .8 ohms. Flavor is through the roof!!

I've been playing with twisted coils and last night did a 5 or 6 wrap 28g twisted around a 1/16" rod (I think it was about .6ohm.. I need to get my ohm reader out again and test it that way but the esterigon tilemahos hybrid base doesn't screw into the atomizer ports, so I used my multimeter and clamped it on the 2 tilemahos posts, not sure how accurate that was).. the vape was good but my juice was popping insanely loud and I could even feel it.. wasn't comfortable vaping it, but next time I will try more wraps. I'm trying to find a sweet spot for my etserigon/tilemahos... I keep reading how great these coils are but have yet to actually build a good one. Maybe later tonight I will try 8 or 9 wraps and see how that goes... I just don't want a long heat-up time, that's my main concern with these coils... seems like it will be a fine line! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
hey guys a quick question. what are the main differences between twisted and parallel coils. what would be the pro's and cons of each? thanks guys.

and i pretty much only use 14500 size atomizers so i'm not working with too much space

Parallel is sort of like doing a dual coil in the space of a single (you'll have to account for ohms accordingly).
Twisted wire is a way to increase the surface area contacting the wick. Good way to increase flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread