AC is not what it used to be for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
Well, to me there's a big difference between someone who gets a flavor for the first time and doesn't like it and someone who has loved a flavor consistently over a period of time and now finds the flavor to be totally different. Sound to me like most of the people here fall under the latter category.

@Poeia glad to know TV peppermint isn't sweetened. I had them add sweetener to my tin box mint and spearmint and now I'm glad I did. Hopefully, I'll have it Tuesday. That is, if all the postal employees aren't too hung over from all of the partying the do on Monday. When you work for a company that doesn't recognize any holiday except Christmas, holidays are pretty meaningless.

Cinjay

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Lawrence Mass.
There is another thread going on right now about the gingerbread. In that thread they mention this thread quite a bit. Geoff finally did pop in, but his answer was more "along the lines" of how busy he was and that he didn't always have the time to answer. In that thread the OP was actually "scared" to say anything because she knew he had a short fuse in the past and she didn't want to get yelled at. Everyone understands that juice is not return-able,but come on. If so many people are complaining there has to be a problem some where along the line. Instead of always blaming the customer, that maybe it is something we are doing,wouldn't it make more sense to have the problem juice sent back to be tested to see if there actually is a problem with the juice. It can't be a fluke if there are SO many complaining. New people that read this are going to be hesitant to order from them if this is an ongoing thing without being fixed. And now there are two threads with basically the same issues. Not good for this company!!!!

Raechel

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
Stop bashing please. I don't like seeing people who have not posted here before popping up and bashing. We are trying to have a constructive conversation that will benefit a company that has made all the regulars happy in the past and currently. I have picked some flavors, 3 to be exact that I personally did not care for. I write it off as my bad, and I am sure they just were not for me. AC did change and Geoff told us in advance. I do not call an owner asking questions first a bad thing. He has to know why something is not working for someone. Right? Lets not jump to conclusions. And have any one of you not gotten frustrated when you feel bashed? Um yea that is what I thought.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
QUITE a while ago (the thread must be in the dark recesses of our forum), it was a general complaint that one of the flavorings used red food coloring, which seemed to be a sore spot with quite a few people, as such, it was put on a public level whether people wanted to switch to a flavoring that did not rely on the use of red food coloring, the consensus was "yes" the flavoring was swapped out. This only altered the flavor slightly.

AC over time, as with ANY liquid that we sell, will mellow out a bit over time and might not pack the punch as when you first got it. This is something we've come to expect without the use of preservatives. Some people want it to taste two months down the line, the same as when they first got the liquid, that's not likely to happen.

As for Gingerbread, this may be as simple as posting a thread with a poll seeing if a larger percentage of the people who buy it actually like it over the couple of people raising a stink over it.

I don't yell, or bash, I'm very up front, very passionate about what I do and can be intense at times talking about our products. As for someone's fears...that isn't my responsibility.

You don't stick an old battery in a radio and expect it to perform the same as when you first bought it. This is a food product, stored properly it will last longer (around 4 months), however, just like food, it will go bad over time, or just lose the punch it originally had. It's like food, not an investment that you can capitalize on years down the road. We have always suggested that people buy no more than they intend on using for a couple of months. This ensures freshness.

All this other drama, seriously...pointless, bashing, counter productive, keep it in high school.

Back to AC...Yes, it's NOT what it used to be, at the request of my customers and not some failing of this company.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
And likewise, AC is my "go to" liquid. I don't mix it any differently than I do for customers and I have had only ONE problem where it just tasted nasty and burnt. Turned out that...*gasp* IT WAS THE ATOMIZER! Whoah, imagine that, it wasn't a problem with the liquid!

TunnelVision

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Maui
QUITE a while ago (the thread must be in the dark recesses of our forum), it was a general complaint that one of the flavorings used red food coloring, which seemed to be a sore spot with quite a few people, as such, it was put on a public level whether people wanted to switch to a flavoring that did not rely on the use of red food coloring, the consensus was "yes" the flavoring was swapped out. This only altered the flavor slightly.

AC over time, as with ANY liquid that we sell, will mellow out a bit over time and might not pack the punch as when you first got it. This is something we've come to expect without the use of preservatives. Some people want it to taste two months down the line, the same as when they first got the liquid, that's not likely to happen.

As for Gingerbread, this may be as simple as posting a thread with a poll seeing if a larger percentage of the people who buy it actually like it over the couple of people raising a stink over it.

I don't yell, or bash, I'm very up front, very passionate about what I do and can be intense at times talking about our products. As for someone's fears...that isn't my responsibility.

You don't stick an old battery in a radio and expect it to perform the same as when you first bought it. This is a food product, stored properly it will last longer (around 4 months), however, just like food, it will go bad over time, or just lose the punch it originally had. It's like food, not an investment that you can capitalize on years down the road. We have always suggested that people buy no more than they intend on using for a couple of months. This ensures freshness.

All this other drama, seriously...pointless, bashing, counter productive, keep it in high school.

Back to AC...Yes, it's NOT what it used to be, at the request of my customers and not some failing of this company.

Mr Tasty Vapor,

Thx for the quick, concise and straight forward responce.

Vape On.....

Whizdumb81

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2010
NJ, USA
Ok... I guess my question now would be... Is it possible for you to make it the old way, with the old ingredients, if (a) customer(s) requested it? Or do you not carry those ingredients any longer?

And I never meant to bash anybody (Especially you Geoff) with this thread.. I was being extremely humble... knowing that my concern was based on an entirely subjective entity. I did not mean to upset anybody and really it all comes down to the question above. This thread is just a feeler about a personal preference and whether or not TV is willing to change something like that for a customer.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Not singling you out for anything Whiz. If anybody here has been reading, there's been a LOT of smack talking. The thing that upsets me the most is that TV is to blame in all cases and a great deal of people are remaining completely ignorant to all of the OTHER aspects of why things may be the way they are. It's all just kind of dumb.

But on topic, no, we stopped carrying one of the necessary flavorings as the alternative works out so well in all the other recipes that we use it for. So, we just don't carry it anymore, since the brunt of complaints, where it may SEEM to be a hot topic of controversy, when you deal with all of the complaints combined that I do...AC really isn't a big part of the complaints.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I am not having any problem with it losing it kick it is just that dang aftertaste. It just tastes artificial. I am really curious to see if we will be able to order the old recipe. I am loading up a carto with AC right now. I am going to shake it like crazy, I have not tried it in a couple weeks so I am praying for no aftertaste.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
And likewise, AC is my "go to" liquid. I don't mix it any differently than I do for customers and I have had only ONE problem where it just tasted nasty and burnt. Turned out that...*gasp* IT WAS THE ATOMIZER! Whoah, imagine that, it wasn't a problem with the liquid!

i realize that user error can be an issue. i also think that most of the regulars have been vaping long enough to know if it is our equipment causing issues. we are not all stupid. isnt it possible that sometimes mistakes are made on your end too?

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
I am not having any problem with it losing it kick it is just that dang aftertaste. It just tastes artificial. I am really curious to see if we will be able to order the old recipe. I am loading up a carto with AC right now. I am going to shake it like crazy, I have not tried it in a couple weeks so I am praying for no aftertaste.
it is the NASTY after taste that is my problem too. it wont matter if you shake it. ive had over 250mls of the stuff in the last month and i cant vape ANY of it because of the aftertaste. yes, i have tried new attys and cartos, and no the juice is not old (about a month) so it should be at the point were it has aged enough but not gone bad.

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Then help me understand these quotes from you just less than a week ago

08-31-2010 04:58 PM

08-29-2010 12:54 PM
AC not mixed with doubler. mmmmmmm, so good![/QUOTE]

it is the NASTY after taste that is my problem too. it wont matter if you shake it. ive had over 250mls of the stuff in the last month and i cant vape ANY of it because of the aftertaste. yes, i have tried new attys and cartos, and no the juice is not old (about a month) so it should be at the point were it has aged enough but not gone bad.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
Then help me understand these quotes from you just less than a week ago

08-31-2010 04:58 PM

08-29-2010 12:54 PM
AC not mixed with doubler. mmmmmmm, so good![/QUOTE]

whats to understand? i like the AC not mixed with doubler. mixed, it is gross. i bought 4 48mg bottles of of ac and 2 2ounce doublers. mixed them up and cant vape them. i also have a bottle of unmixed 24mg that is good. i know your defending tastyvapor, and are entitled to your opinion, but so am i. there is no need for attacking me. if you want you can go back through every post i have made, pick those apart too, and ill take the time to justify myself to you if you would like..............not really, but you get my point.

dwillings

ECF Veteran
I've been vaping AC for well over 6 months now too, and yes there is a little bit of a taste difference, and yes I did like the original AC. However as Mr. Tasty Vapor stated he had to make a business decision. If he was receiving complaints about the original recipe then he had to make an executive decision and fix the problem to the best of his ability. There is absolutely NO WAY he can make everyone happy, and if he could then he would have a HUGE monopoly over the e-cigarette family. Just as every single one of us are different in some way, so is our sense of taste. Yes it sucks for people like me whom liked the original recipe, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it, I still love AC just not as much as I used to. :)

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Well it is a known suggestion that you should only mix what you need a little at a time. I don't need to go through any more of your post to prove a piont you just did with your last statment :) 4x30ml plus 2x60 = 240ml not 250ml. So to error would be humam, right?, but to bash a good company, I think not, there are better ways to handle things. I guess it is a business mans world sometimes.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
Well it is a known suggestion that you should only mix what you need a little at a time. I don't need to go through any more of your post to prove a piont you just did with your last statment :) 4x30ml plus 2x60 = 240ml not 250ml. So to error would be humam, right?, but to bash a good company, I think not, there are better ways to handle things. I guess it is a business mans world sometimes.

240 --- 250, whatever, are you sure you dont want to pick apart my posts? im not bashing, i have stated quite a few times that i like some of TVs other flavors. (vaping ameretto stone sour as we speak...er, write.) i guess i just dont understand what your problem is. dont really care. and dont really know why you feel compelled to fight with me. for the record, i will keep ordering some of the flavors i like, and wont order ones that i think have problems with them, and if i have an issue ill just remember that there is no point discussing it. funny how many people have had the same issues and posted in this thread but your singleing me out.......i also realize that geoff posted in this thread to clear things up, but all i read was: your all stupid and doing something wrong, or: the flavors i use to mix are inconsistent. apparently there is absolutley no chance, in any way, whatsoever, that the mistake is TV's. now, i dont want to fight or argue with you queen as i think your pretty cool, so can we just squash this and get along?. (no, really. please.)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Really guys? I explain things as best as I can and I'm responsible for your interpretations? Come on now. I'm too direct a person to be interpreted, but I guess there will be those few who, for the sake of furthering an argument, NEED to read negativity into things.

If I think someone is stupid, you'll have to trust me when I say, I have no problem letting them know. If you didn't hear/read it, it wasn't said. And you can dance around "implication" all you like.

AC is different because it was put to a public vote whether it should be different. As for the Doublers, I have alerted my staff NOT to be conservative on the flavorings.

As for sweetener in the AC. We DO NOT add any sweetener in the least to AC. Cinnamon adds more than enough sweetness to the liquid, we don't need to put a bottle of sweetener even NEAR the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread