The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aegis X Screen Scratches

Discussion in 'Geekvape' started by SuperIronOut, Jan 6, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SuperIronOut

SuperIronOut New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    First post on the forum, love what I've seen from the community so far!

My question was in regards to the Aegis X and it's screen. I'm extremely OCD about scratches so I immediately went out to buy a cut-to-fit screen protector as the two included peel off extremely easily. The cut-to-fit screen protector doesn't seem to hold to the edges so I've been running it without one for now, but my screen seems to be covered in scratches which I can't stand! I've heard rubbing toothpaste on it will get rid of the micro scratches, but I'm worried I will ruin the screen further by blurring it. I looked for replacement screens so I could start fresh but have had no luck. Does anyone have any insight on how to remove these micro scratches from the screen? So far I love the mod, couldn't be happier, but the beautiful screen seems so torn up after just a few days of use.

Thanks guys in advance!

- SuperIronOut

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Welcome aboard - sorry I can't really help on this one - the only "glass" I have ever polished is that on acryllic watch crystals and I use metal polish for that ( it slightly melts the material and scratches disappear ) which though I use it on expensive watches with domed crystals I'm not at all sure that I'd try it on a mod.

I'm sure however someone with experience will be along shortly, so just hang in there!

3. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
  4. SuperIronOut

SuperIronOut New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    I'll definitely give that product a try! Thank you! I had no idea they had a dedicated product to solve this, so long toothpaste! I'm still open to ideas just so I can get a broad spectrum of solutions to choose from, but so far it looks like Novus is my go-to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Geekvape_Official

Geekvape_Official Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2017
    Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 3 working days, thanks

6. RuiG

RuiG Super Member

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Welcome.

Where else did I see you post this? Reddit?

Hope you find a solution for it.

Vaping gear is something that will be carried around, thrown in pocket, ext.

It won't be easy to keep your stuff scratch free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    No point in starting fresh, it will just scratch again. I have read numerous times that the screen covers on all mods in the Aegis line-up scratch just by looking at then wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Any kits I'm bothered about, like my good going out dressed up Pico here I keep in a soft spectacle case - but as the man said things do get scratched with use ....

1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pigs

Pigs Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Yep I put my BB in a soft glasses case and in the side pocket of my work bag. No problem. OP if you're truly worried about scratches maybe you should get a screen free mod or one with it's screen under a hard door

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If you pocket carry your mod, don't do that in the same pocket that holds change and other metal items. Slide it into an empty pocket. My keys and change go into my right pocket and my mod goes into the other pocket by itself.

• Like Like x 2