Aegis X Screen Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperIronOut

Jan 6, 2020
First post on the forum, love what I've seen from the community so far!

My question was in regards to the Aegis X and it's screen. I'm extremely OCD about scratches so I immediately went out to buy a cut-to-fit screen protector as the two included peel off extremely easily. The cut-to-fit screen protector doesn't seem to hold to the edges so I've been running it without one for now, but my screen seems to be covered in scratches which I can't stand! I've heard rubbing toothpaste on it will get rid of the micro scratches, but I'm worried I will ruin the screen further by blurring it. I looked for replacement screens so I could start fresh but have had no luck. Does anyone have any insight on how to remove these micro scratches from the screen? So far I love the mod, couldn't be happier, but the beautiful screen seems so torn up after just a few days of use.

Thanks guys in advance!

- SuperIronOut

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard - sorry I can't really help on this one - the only "glass" I have ever polished is that on acryllic watch crystals and I use metal polish for that ( it slightly melts the material and scratches disappear ) which though I use it on expensive watches with domed crystals I'm not at all sure that I'd try it on a mod.

I'm sure however someone with experience will be along shortly, so just hang in there!

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

My question was in regards to the Aegis X and it's screen. I'm extremely OCD about scratches so I immediately went out to buy a cut-to-fit screen protector as the two included peel off extremely easily. The cut-to-fit screen protector doesn't seem to hold to the edges so I've been running it without one for now, but my screen seems to be covered in scratches which I can't stand! I've heard rubbing toothpaste on it will get rid of the micro scratches, but I'm worried I will ruin the screen further by blurring it. I looked for replacement screens so I could start fresh but have had no luck. Does anyone have any insight on how to remove these micro scratches from the screen? So far I love the mod, couldn't be happier, but the beautiful screen seems so torn up after just a few days of use.

Thanks guys in advance!

- SuperIronOut
Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 3 working days, thanks

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal

Thanks guys in advance!

- SuperIronOut

Welcome.

Where else did I see you post this? Reddit?

Hope you find a solution for it.

Vaping gear is something that will be carried around, thrown in pocket, ext.

It won't be easy to keep your stuff scratch free.

• Agree
Reactions: hittman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I looked for replacement screens so I could start fresh

No point in starting fresh, it will just scratch again. I have read numerous times that the screen covers on all mods in the Aegis line-up scratch just by looking at then wrong.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: hittman

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Any kits I'm bothered about, like my good going out dressed up Pico here I keep in a soft spectacle case - but as the man said things do get scratched with use ....

1.jpg

• Agree
    Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Any kits I'm bothered about, like my good going out dressed up Pico here I keep in a soft spectacle case - but as the man said things do get scratched with use ....

View attachment 863497
    Yep I put my BB in a soft glasses case and in the side pocket of my work bag. No problem. OP if you're truly worried about scratches maybe you should get a screen free mod or one with it's screen under a hard door

• Agree
    Reactions: Falconeer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread