Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Came across this alernative: https://aerosinfo.com/index.cfm

It's made by an American company and has been around for longer than our e-smoking devices. The fact that it can't be advertised is killing the company. It does contain tobacco, but creates vapors, not smoke, and thus can be used anywhere.

Note the low, low nicotine content listed under "test" on above Web page. Also note the repeated emphasis that a smokeless cigarette is an "alternative" product -- not a way to quit. Company says to "see your doctor for advice on quitting." Now that's good advice and keeps this product off government radar.

Minus Sign

May 2, 2008
I still use aeros. No vapor clouds=inconspicuous and the size lets you cup them in your hand at work without anyone really noticing.

They are VERY low in nicotine per hit, but they also function completely as advertised. Takes at least 3 days for one areos to lose its charge. It does take some getting used to before the cough subsides.

I actually keep them FOR the harsh factor while I'm transitioning to e-cigs. You can feel the hit very potently. The trick to avoid coughing is to do what they suggest: don't suck on the product like a straw. draw on it lightly as though it were a harsh cigarette.

Considering the price, there's no reason not to try them. But I'm going to keep my e-cig.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Leaford: Don't despair. The Aeros might help.

Before e-devices, I used to covet a little plastic fake cigarette called EZ-Quit, I believe. Can't find them in Walgreen's anymore. Anyhow, the things had tobacco flavor that lasted only a day or so but no nicotine at all. Still, I could grip them in my fingers like a real cigarette and move them around my mouth like a cigarette. They were plastic, but worked better than a wet toothpick dipped into nasal snuff and chewed. My co-workers got quite used to seeing me with that fake plastic cigarette in my mouth at news meetings, etc.

Here's the ridiculous part: I used it so frantically, so frequently, that I broke a front tooth twice and had to pay $700 each time to fix it! I have at least 60 of them in a drawer, with mouthpieces chewed to bits. I even used to cut the chewed part off with scissors, until no mouthpiece at all was left. Talk about nervous needs for cigarettes...!

They have merit. Just don't chew them cause you think sipping on them looks silly.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If you soaked the filter, you might get the bitter liquid in your mouth. Not desirable. Basically, they satisify all the hand-to-mouth motions a smoker becomes accustomed to over years.

Lemme correct one thing: I have used EZ-Quit, but the fav I was thinking about is called Endit. I'm chewing on one now as I type. With the EZ-Quit, soaking the filter (in the front part of the cig) wouldn't provide nicotine, but might add some tobacco flavor. I have two vials now of "cooked" tobacco in liquid form. That stuff has a very strong tobacco flavor - unknown nicotine strength. That might work!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Windblown, you got me so intrigued by this that I went and fished out my badly chewed EZQuit cigs. Two of 'em. They have a tip with a hole in it, a cylinder for the flavor filter and a mouthpiece. The filters were long ago tossed. So I grabbed a used e-cigar cartridge and jerked out its wool. Squeezed it a bit and then stuffed it into the cylinder and squirted in four drops of DIY liquid made from cooking nasal snuff. Took a drag. Ptoooiii. Got that stuff in my mouth! Yuck.

I took off the mouthpiece, leaned over the kitchen sink and blew on the cylinder. Lots of liquid squirted from the hole in the tip. I kept it up until no more liquid appeared. Put it back together and tried again. Yuck. You know, tobacco doesn't actually taste very good.

But I had some e-liquid squeezed from used cartridges -- that I had then flavored with six drops of Cook's Vanilla Extract. It's really tasty to smoke (best I've used, in fact). I dropped four drops of that in the EZ Quit cylinder. Tried again. Tasted a bit of vanilla flavor. Not bad at all. This is NOT for nicotine replacement, I know, as e-smoking is. But I can use this with a Swedish snus in my mouth. All urgings satisfied. Thanks for renewing my curiosity about this old device.

Tell you what else might work here: The Medico or Dr. Grabow filters for my pipes. They're the right size, but instead of removing liquid as they do for pipes, they could release flavors we soak into them with e-liquid. Not bad ...

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
Thanks for giving it a try, Tropical Bob.....that's very interesting, At least it is good to have another alternative.
Yesterday I was trying to be inconspicuous about using my Njoy while reading in Barnes & Nobles, but it's hard to be inconspicuous with voluminous clouds of billowing smoke circling around your head. My Njoy was really showing off. :D Surprisingly, no one ever questioned me, but it did make me feel a little uncomfortable.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Windblown: I honestly got "addicted" to the little plastic cigarettes. At work, I always had one in my mouth, moving it, chewing it. That's how I broke the tooth -- twice.

After the first experiment with flavor flopped, I thought about it awhile and decided to try something else. I pulled out the wool, got a Hershey's Lip Balm tube, sliced off a small end piece, and stuffed it into the plastic tube. Instant chocolate air! It's just taste, of course, not a way to get nicotine. But it tastes pretty good and I might be able to use it some instead of sucking on 24mg nicotine fluid all day (I'm sure I'm now getting more nicotine in my system than I ever did smoking 30 cigarettes a day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread