Aeros Smokeless Cigaretttes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Accidentally stumbled across this while looking for something else. This is a product that more closely resembles the Nicotrol inhaler in how it operates. It isn't electronic. No battery. Doesn't heat up.

AEROS SMOKELESS CIGARETTES

E-cigarette vendors might learn something from this company about the safest way (legally speaking) to handle customer testimonials:

AEROS SMOKELESS CIGARETTES

For those curious about how I found this product, I was doing a search and one of the results routed to this page: http://www-nehc.med.navy.mil/_search/default.asp?query=Standard+Operating+Procedures&page=4

I selected to look at the Powerpoint presentation described below, and the web address for this product was cited on one of the pages in the presentation.

Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig)(779.50 KB)

Author: hawthornecl
Last Modified: 2/5/2010 1:49:44 PM
Keywords:
Comments:
Description: Electronic Nicotine Delivery Products Electronic Nicotine Delivery Products Electronic Nicotine Delivery Products Advertised as a safe/safer alternative Nicotine cartridge contains about 18mg of nicotine Potential for cartridges to be altered to include candy or liquor flavors Potential to lure non

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
"Aeros has employed legal counsel to be sure we are in compliance
with FDA regulations. Further, Aeros is the only heatless cigarette to
receive full federal licensing as a product that may be sold nationally
We have maintained these licenses in good stead since 2005. We will
continue to serve our customers ordering Aeros.

The FDA will publish their findings and rulings when they are ready. Let
us support them in their efforts to do what is best for all of us. Although
we will stop publishing Aeros testimonials for the time being, there is
nothing preventing you from telling your friends about Aeros. In fact,
it is you, our customers, friends telling friends, that have made Aeros the
largest selling heatless cigarette in America. Thank you for your support."

First paragraph's red my emphasis. I find that statement highly questionable since the FDA to date has questioned any nic delivery that hasn't been tested for "safe and effective". Of course they don't say they have FDA approval so it's probably just linguistics.

The second paragraph is just Kiss a...

Anyway, they are probably pretty low on the hit list. They say they've been around for six years, but they can't have much market share. I think this was discussed in some thread a while back but can't remember much about it other than no one seemed real interested in the product.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I was given an Aeros smokeless cigarette several years ago, and I still have it in my ever growing collection of different tobacco/nicotine products.

It looks like a hard plastic straw with both ends flattened and crimped together,

In contrast with most e-cigarette products, Aeros doesn't look especially appealing to hold in one's fingers, or to stick to lips to inhale from.

If the two ends of Aeros were round instead of flat, it would be far more appealing to smokers.

Also in contrast to e-cigarettes, Aeros doesn't emit any visible vapor.

Interestingly, Aeros removed previously posted customer comments from it webpage after the FDA sent letters to several e-cigarette companies claiming that customer comments were marketing claims for drug devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread