Aga-T+ lining up with button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
Anyone know how I can get the wick in the aga-t+ to line up with the button?
Currently it lines up on the opposite side.

I dont think I can file down the 510 connection...it actually sits pretty flush (or looks that way)
Can I add washers to push the center post down just a little?

What can I do?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
if you find a way let me know, i have an omega mechanical mod as well as some vv devices, whats cool about the omega is that there is no button, you just depress the top portion of the mod, so there is no button to worry about linning up, sorry i know this doent help you one bit.

Last edited:

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
My first thought was an o-ring on the 510 stem, but then it probably wouldn't make contact with the center pin on your device.

What device are you using? Is the center pin adjustable? You may be able to add a (tiny) o-ring between the silicone "tophat" insulator on the bottom of the AGA and its center pin. That would cause the center pin on the AGA to protrude slightly more than it does now and give you the contact you need when the device isn't as fully "screwed in" to the device.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
My first thought was an o-ring on the 510 stem, but then it probably wouldn't make contact with the center pin on your device.

What device are you using? Is the center pin adjustable? You may be able to add a (tiny) o-ring between the silicone "tophat" insulator on the bottom of the AGA and its center pin. That would cause the center pin on the AGA to protrude slightly more than it does now and give you the contact you need when the device isn't as fully "screwed in" to the device.

this basically is what i was going to suggest. in my gennys, you can adjust the center post. with the top screws off, push the center pin down so it protrudes. then screw the atomizer down until the wick hole lines up. then fasten the top screws and you shold be lined up. that is, if the aga is set up like mine are.

if you cant do that, try to keep the tank full whenver possible. that will help with wicking. and using #500 mesh will help a lot as well.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
My AGA-T just happens to, but only if I've got the center pin oriented one way and not the other. It doesn't line up consistently either, some times its perfectly inline other times its leaned to one side or the other.

It may work on yours, it may not.

Mine was literally perfect for my first couple builds. Tonight I took the whole thing apart to clean it all out and make a new wick/coil setup, put it back together and it doesn't line up at all. It's almost 180 degrees off. I realized I must have tightened the center post a bit much with the top nuts...so I think what Kemosabe said has some merit with the AGA-T2/+. If you leave the center post a bit looser or tighter (using the top nut to adjust) we can theoretically have some post adjustment, however small. Mine is full of juice and vaping like a machine with the new wick and coil, so I'm not up for experimentation right now, but it *should* work.

brando4905

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
WNC
Last week I wouldn't have understood why this is important. I just got an AGA-t2 and a EA mod. I knew when purchasing the mod that it had an adjustable 510 top, I thought this would be awesome for carto tanks, and with the air slots on top of PV, I could adjust so the tank fit flush. I'm finding that this adjustable top on the mod comes in real handy for getting the wick on the RBA in the right relation to the switch for good wicking with tilt when firing. I'm sure there are other PVs with similar top caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread