Status
Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Sanding makes the hole move in a clockwise direction as you stated. I moved my hole appx 1/4 turn in about 15-30 seconds of hand sanding. If trying this I would not go more then about 10 strokes or so and then check fit you should quickly figure out how much its going to take (depending on grit of sandpaper and amount of pressure) without going to far use less strokes and more checking to keep from going to far the closer you get.
Thanks. Worth the careful effort. Considering how easy it is to remove the knurling and polish, I think the AGA-T will do fine.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Idk I'm sorry to put down the vivi like that. I just think the vivi is a lot easier when your just using it with the prebuilt heads. you can coil a genesis ss mesh wick like a may-pole, just twirl it up and then fix the spaces in between the twirls and lock the ends. The vivi nova heads are so small in between that metal housing, you have to be pretty damn precise with the tiny twirls so they don't touch the metal housing and cause a short, no?

I have seen pictures of the aga tube cracked, but idk how it happened. I've used all kinds of juices in mine with no problems.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Has anyone heard about the DRIPPER PRO and the DRIPPER SPYRAL by Leo? I'am just talking taste here, I herd it has the 306 taste and that was my favorite before rba's came along. Any help would be great!
Though I haven't tried one everything I have heard about them is EXCELLENT! Scott B did a review on them.

It does require a no resistance wire-resistance wire-no resistance wire setup like a Penelope, Oddy or iAtty, just a heads up. If that is something you don't want to have to bother with you may want to look at another dripper!

infavol

Moved On
Nov 20, 2012
TN
dude if your options are the aga-T or a metal vivi nova, get the aga-T...
but, if you plan on using this thing out AND about, not just at home, then you'll need both, or just the vivi nova..

aga-Ts are great though. but I'd hold out for the new one because you can line up the hole with the wick easier. the new aga looks like its utilizing a cap that is fastened with O rings, not threads, and so you can put the hole wherever you damn please. With my aga-T, I have to unscrew the cap off a bit so that the hole will line up perfectly with the ss mesh wick.

what if, you just sanded down the threads, and placed o-rings over it? or just sand down the threads from the top slowly, so there a less distance that it can screw?

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
what if, you just sanded down the threads, and placed o-rings over it? or just sand down the threads from the top slowly, so there a less distance that it can screw?

Wouldn't be easy. An o-ring needs a circular groove to sit in. Shaving off the screw grooves wouldn't give you that. Plus the two o-rings would have to have the exact same outer diameter when installed in order for the cap to fit securely without leaking. It may be able to be done with a lathe and etching tools but what would be the point? More trouble than anyone's time is worth for that.

martydmb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
wisconsin
I recieved a email about a revised aga-t that should be out early January.

Howdy,.

The aga-t is on hold until the new year. I'm working with the manufacturer to make some modifications to the design, should be early Jan that I get the new revision in. The new version will not have a threaded top cap it'll use o-rings instead which will make lining up the air hole easier, it'll have a glass tank instead of plastic and a few other minor improvements..
-Lance

That is from steammonkey. Im just hoping they dont do anything to the air hole size. The reason... because maybe some people "some" might like the tight draw.. if not then how hard is it to bore it out. This will be my first rba when the new revison comes out.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
For me, the air hole line up on the AGA-T is a non issue. The O ring is thick enough to accommodate adjustment without leaking air or juice. After lining up the air hole with the wick, if you hold your thumb over the air hole and attempt to take a drag (without pressing the power button), you shouldn't be able to draw any air.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
martydmb:8073800 said:

Howdy,.

The aga-t is on hold until the new year. I'm working with the manufacturer to make some modifications to the design, should be early Jan that I get the new revision in. The new version will not have a threaded top cap it'll use o-rings instead which will make lining up the air hole easier, it'll have a glass tank instead of plastic and a few other minor improvements..
-Lance

That is from steammonkey. Im just hoping they dont do anything to the air hole size. The reason... because maybe some people "some" might like the tight draw.. if not then how hard is it to bore it out. This will be my first rba when the new revison comes out.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. Might end up grabbing one of these when they come out.

Wonder if the positive post will be ss as well.
Have a feeling Ill have a decent geny collection eventually. lol

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Howdy,.

-Lance

Glass tank? Uh oh. Not sure that's a good idea (IMO) since most of us have dropped our mods at one time or another. Even if it's a thick glass, there's always a chance of cracking or chipping. Maybe they could give the customer the choice when purchasing whether or not they wish to have a glass or plastic tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread